Gluten Free Versions

Yes!! Get the pulled pork cheese fries at Flame Tree in AK. It's a snack credit, but the amount of food you get is basically a meal.

Are these safe? The fries are not listed on their allergy menu as an available side - just fruit. So I figured there is a problem with cross-contamination in the fryer because of the onion rings.

Are these safe? The fries are not listed on their allergy menu as an available side - just fruit. So I figured there is a problem with cross-contamination in the fryer because of the onion rings.

They are, just make sure you tell them you have a gluten allergy and they'll make the fries in the dedicated fryer. DFi is severely allergic and we get these literally every trip, he's never had an issue.

They are, just make sure you tell them you have a gluten allergy and they'll make the fries in the dedicated fryer. DFi is severely allergic and we get these literally every trip, he's never had an issue.

Interesting they have a dedicated fryer but don’t list fries as an option on the allergy menu. I guess they don’t want to have to take the time for everyone with allergies so they just say fruit on the menu and hope no one asks.

Interesting they have a dedicated fryer but don’t list fries as an option on the allergy menu. I guess they don’t want to have to take the time for everyone with allergies so they just say fruit on the menu and hope no one asks.
I've thought the same thing. It doesn't make a ton of sense, but, like I said, I'd DEFINITELY know by DFi's reaction to eating them if they weren't GF safe. Who knows.

I've thought the same thing. It doesn't make a ton of sense, but, like I said, I'd DEFINITELY know by DFi's reaction to eating them if they weren't GF safe. Who knows.

Good to know! Thanks for the info! Mine is a wheat allergy (my air flow reduces when I eat it - not a huge deal as I can use my inhaler), but I have been gluten-free for long enough now I feel like my gut would not be happy if I did eat any.

My son prefers the Gf cupcakes at Sprinkles over Erin McKenna’s.in July he was able to get cupcake, choc chip cookes, and a brownie from Sprinkles, but we don’t have to worry much about cross contamination which might be an issue for some.
Amorettes bakery has some items which are “gluten friendly”- made without gluten ingredients but not free from possible cross contamination.
Cookes of Dublin (Raglan Road counter service) offers large cookies as a dessert and some of them were GF. I think it was the choc chip and the peanut butter ones.

I just want someone to tell me if the nacho cheese is gluten free....for the pretzels and such. If it is, I could bring her some corn chips and I could eat the pretzel....I emailed the diet people and they sent a standard email telling me about their allergy menus. No real answer...:(

I just want someone to tell me if the nacho cheese is gluten free....for the pretzels and such. If it is, I could bring her some corn chips and I could eat the pretzel....I emailed the diet people and they sent a standard email telling me about their allergy menus. No real answer...:(
Do you have the email address for the special diet people handy? I suppose I should get the standard information from them...thanks!

I tried the GF Brownie at the Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge. I would NOT recommend it. Dry, dry, dry.

If you are in the Boardwalk area and are craving Pizza, the Pizza Window makes a pretty decent GF pizza.

I tried the GF Brownie at the Roaring Fork at Wilderness Lodge. I would NOT recommend it. Dry, dry, dry.

If you are in the Boardwalk area and are craving Pizza, the Pizza Window makes a pretty decent GF pizza.

Ooh, interesting.

Finally decide to try the Sprinkles cupcake last trip in March as it is pretty expensive but I thought is was FAR superior to Erin McKenna’s cupcakes... my daughter said it tasted like a regular cupcake. We ate them as an appetizer to our Raglan Road dinner😆. And then had one after our meal!

Finally decide to try the Sprinkles cupcake last trip in March as it is pretty expensive but I thought is was FAR superior to Erin McKenna’s cupcakes... my daughter said it tasted like a regular cupcake. We ate them as an appetizer to our Raglan Road dinner😆. And then had one after our meal!
Do you know if they have a regular line of gf cupcakes, or change the flavors at different times? I find Erin McKenna's items expensive too, but I would gladly pay for something that tastes better than her baked goods! I don't eat a lot of sweets, but I would love a small bite while on vacation.

Do you know if they have a regular line of gf cupcakes, or change the flavors at different times? I find Erin McKenna's items expensive too, but I would gladly pay for something that tastes better than her baked goods! I don't eat a lot of sweets, but I would love a small bite while on vacation.
I believe sprinkles is just red velvet for GF and about 8 out of 10 times we’ve gone over they have been out of them

I believe sprinkles is just red velvet for GF and about 8 out of 10 times we’ve gone over they have been out of them
Aww, I love red velvet and I don't think I've had anything red velvet since I've been gluten free. That's almost 10 years now! I'll try to check in the morning one day and hope for the best!
Thanks!

Aww, I love red velvet and I don't think I've had anything red velvet since I've been gluten free. That's almost 10 years now! I'll try to check in the morning one day and hope for the best!
Thanks!

When we were there in March - the lady told us they always have red velvet and typically another choice- when we were there it was lemon-- it was really good. I am very picky when it come to GF bakegoods and they were the best bakery GF cupcakes I have purchased.

If your going to get something from Erin Mckenna's- be selective- my choices are:
Chocolate cookies- The Big thin mint cookie and the french toast breakfast bread

The Cupcakes are awful....

When we were there in March - the lady told us they always have red velvet and typically another choice- when we were there it was lemon-- it was really good. I am very picky when it come to GF bakegoods and they were the best bakery GF cupcakes I have purchased.

If your going to get something from Erin Mckenna's- be selective- my choices are:
Chocolate cookies- The Big thin mint cookie and the french toast breakfast bread

The Cupcakes are awful....
MMM, lemon sounds good too! I'll definitely be checking it out in two weeks!

I'm staying FAR away from Erin McKenna's, lol! I know I say it a lot, but I really can't stand the items there. I don't know how that place stays in business when you can get some really good gf sweets around WDW. Biegnets, churros, even the OMG It's Glute Free! brownies at some QS places are soooo much better than anything I've had at EM. There was just an article on the DIS about Erin McKenna's touting it as a "hidden gem" in Disney Springs. I was thinking "has the author actually eaten anything from here, because it's gross", which it seems is a common opinion based on the comments on the article. :sad2:

MMM, lemon sounds good too! I'll definitely be checking it out in two weeks!

I'm staying FAR away from Erin McKenna's, lol! I know I say it a lot, but I really can't stand the items there. I don't know how that place stays in business when you can get some really good gf sweets around WDW. Biegnets, churros, even the OMG It's Glute Free! brownies at some QS places are soooo much better than anything I've had at EM. There was just an article on the DIS about Erin McKenna's touting it as a "hidden gem" in Disney Springs. I was thinking "has the author actually eaten anything from here, because it's gross", which it seems is a common opinion based on the comments on the article. :sad2:

Agreed!! I tried her stuff in NYC when it was called Babycakes and it was still gross (ergo the only time I have had her stuff at Disney was the HEA dessert party where I tried a bite and resigned myself to cheese, chocolate covered strawberries, and ice cream). There was a much better - but smaller and nowhere near the marketing Erin had - gf bakery called Tu-Lus which was INCREDIBLE, but has sadly closed. If only they had had a bigger marketing budget and/or known the right people THEY could be at DS and Babycakes could have gone out of business.

Agreed!! I tried her stuff in NYC when it was called Babycakes and it was still gross (ergo the only time I have had her stuff at Disney was the HEA dessert party where I tried a bite and resigned myself to cheese, chocolate covered strawberries, and ice cream). There was a much better - but smaller and nowhere near the marketing Erin had - gf bakery called Tu-Lus which was INCREDIBLE, but has sadly closed. If only they had had a bigger marketing budget and/or known the right people THEY could be at DS and Babycakes could have gone out of business.
I know! I have done the HEA party a few times and I don't like the EM offerings there. I'm doing the dessert party for the MNSSHP so the plate will probably have that stuff on it again. I'm pretty sure I licked the frosting off those little cupcakes because it was the only edible part. I do like the cheese, fruit, chocolate covered strawberries and I think there might've been a dessert item on the buffet I could have, but I can't remember what it was.
I've done the Star Wars dessert party twice and LOVED the offerings there! The chef came out and showed me what she made which were really good, and she packed it in a bag for me. There were also some things on the buffet line too. So much better than the HEA offerings!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!