Girly weekend 2009

I think that pretty much rules October out then.

How about early November??? We could do a bit of pre-pre-Christmas shopping... ;):santa:

Isabelles having a giant first birthday fireworks party on the 6th november or weekend near that,(think she will deseve a bash after all shes been through) other than that im free (we can celebrate my bday if we go around the 13th!)

lol u know if cost wasnt so much an issue for everyone we could do a girly week at disney...one can dream.

It's a shame those of use further north and north of the border rarely get a look in at these events as I can so imagine how much of a hoot they are!

Birmingham may be central for England but it's no way near central for us scots :sad1: and I don't fancy travelling for 6 hours on a train or 8 in a car, I HAVE to do that to see the in-laws so I don't want to do it for fun :lmao:

Hotel finances are not the issue but the travelling costs are huge.

For me personally I rarely get time off from the wedding & celebration cakes so unless it was out of season I wouldn't be able to attend anyway, in fact i've just had a look at my calander and the only weekend I have free is 26/27th September and then 24/25th October.

Damn I wish I still lived in Surrey :sad1:

It's a shame you think that these things are done to deliberately preclude you, that's certainly not the case at all. As Terri says, there's nothing to stop the people north of the border organising a Scottish/Northern DIS meet.

However, I just checked out flights for the first weekend in September, from Glasgow to Birmingham, and a return flight was just short of £65. That's only £15 more than my train ticket cost me to get to last year's girly weekend in Cardiff. So not really huge travelling costs :confused3

Like I say, I'm sorry you feel that way and I just want to assure all Northern/Scottish DISers that I did not want to be seeming to exclude anyone in any way. When the girly weekend first started, the majority of people who wanted to om were from the Midlands/South so it made sense to have it down this way. If there was a majority from teh North who wanted to come, I for one would have no problem with travelling a bit further afield :)

lol u know if cost wasnt so much an issue for everyone we could do a girly week at disney...one can dream.

Now that would be amazing!!! :cloud9: How about a Girly Land and Sea - we could tack a DCL cruise on the end of it... :rolleyes1 :lmao::rotfl2:

Joh, I never thought for a second that you were precluding us Scots from the meets :confused3, I know everyone is welcome.

I really need to take my official secretary head off when typing messages as they are coming off as me bring stroppy when i'm really really not, in fact i'm the biggest pile of mush you could ever come across :laughing:

Practicality wise Glasgow is 2 hours away from me and Edinbugh is an hour and a half away so it's not just a quick meander down the road for me/us, it's more of a 3 day thing but because of my business it's not something really feasible because cakes are constant and everyday things.

I am speaking purely for myself now and for no other Scot as I know many are entirely capable, able and willing to go the whole hog.

I know so many of the Disers are more down South and I get that, I just wish i'd found the Dis before moving North then maybe I wouldn't have moved :lmao:

The other forum ;) has organised a big scot meet (again I can't make it) but they're not nearly as much my family as you guys are!

Maybe next time i'm at the NEC for the cake show any nearby Disers could meet up for a drink :yay:

Now that would be amazing!!! :cloud9: How about a Girly Land and Sea - we could tack a DCL cruise on the end of it... :rolleyes1 :lmao::rotfl2:

You wouldn't need to ask me twice Karen, I'd be there :thumbsup2

if i win the euromillions tonight thats what we will do :thumbsup2

:wizard:

Brilliant!!! We're relying on you, Nat... No pressure... :cool2: ;) :wizard:

:rotfl::rotfl:

Maybe next time i'm at the NEC for the cake show any nearby Disers could meet up for a drink :yay:

When is the cake show usually on ?

:thumbsup2 count me in for that xxx

Me too, that sounds like a plan :)

We should have a dis lottery syndicate and then if we win we can have a massive dis meet in wdw! :upsidedow

You wouldn't need to ask me twice Karen, I'd be there :thumbsup2

:wizard:

:rotfl::rotfl:

When is the cake show usually on ?

Me too, that sounds like a plan :)

It's on 7-8th November, we're planning it so that we leave early Saturday morning so I have the evening free and then for me to do the show on the Sunday and for DH to take the kids to Cadbury World or similar so they're not traipsing round with me for the whole day.

However, I just checked out flights for the first weekend in September, from Glasgow to Birmingham, and a return flight was just short of £65. That's only £15 more than my train ticket cost me to get to last year's girly weekend in Cardiff. So not really huge travelling costs :confused3

That sounds like a reasonable price. TBH in the past although wanting to attend the girlie meets the travelling did put me off. As I'm only 5 minutes from Glasgow airport and could fly down, I could realistically attend.

The only downside is that we're away from 15th October till 20th November. I will keep an eye on the thread and if the dates suit I'll certainly come:woohoo:

PJ - I travel to Perth and Peterhead on business. If you fancied a little meet whilst I'm travelling through Dundee just let me know:thumbsup2

id happily pick up anyonefrom the airport who wished to fly over (by me i mean hubby:rotfl:)

And you know a girly us trip would actually be cheap for me, vs the price of 7 of us going paying for just me would be cheap at half the price!
i could so use that kind of break!, and someone to fly with, my friend in canada goes on a florida disney villa girly holiday every may and always invites me but id hate to travel so far alone to meet her thats all that puts me off!

PJ - I travel to Perth and Peterhead on business. If you fancied a little meet whilst I'm travelling through Dundee just let me know:thumbsup2

Hey Florence, I would love to meet up with you, i'm sure your schedule is manic but let me know when you're around and i'll see what I can do :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter