Girls Only Trip (old planning thread, see link to new one in 1st post)

Thoughts and prayers to her and her family. Unfortunately the drunk drivers usually walk away without a scratch (something seriously wrong with that).

Have a nice day!

steph

Actually, I think I've read an article that the drunk driver is relaxed and doesn't tense up before the accident and that is one (not the only) reason why they don't get as injured. It sucks--I agree--Deb--I hope your friend recovers.

Bridgette--my name is Cheryl and I've been on both Ladies only meets and many many mini meets. Looking forward to meeting you--whatever portion of the trip you participate in you will have a great time!

Hi Bridgette! :wave2: I'm Tina. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better! Everybody here is super-nice and friendly, and we won't let you get lost in the planning.

Mary Jo--That video was hilarious!!!!:lmao:

Deb--Sorry about your friend. I hope she makes a full recovery.

Have a great day girls! I'll check in later.

Happy Saturday everyone!

Deb - I am so sorry to hear about your friends sister! I hope she pulls through! I was just saying to DBF the other night while watching the news that the person driving drunk rarley even gets a scratch but yet they kill or seriously injure so many people. It just isn't fair.

It is a very warm, sunny day here in So CA!! I'm in the back yard enjoying the sunshine! :beach:And Denver is having a huge blizzard...I would be gloating right now to my sister but my niece may not get to have her senior prom tonight. And my sister is so upset, it's been a rough year just trying to get my niece through the year with her grades that my sister wanted her to have something special to remember her senior year. Her date is a freshman at Wyoming State and the roads are closed so he can't come anyway. I feel bad for for them all but I am so happy that I no longer live have to deal with snow!! I get homesick sometimes for Denver but then when I hear about these snow stories I get over it really quickly!

Hi Bridgette :wave2:I am new to this group as well and the meet in 2010 will be my first time attending!

Mary Jo! That video was hilarious! :lmao: Yeah, it is quite an undertaking...

Hi everyone! We just got back from the zoo. Lots of fun there. We are all wiped out now.

Heather

Oh, and Debra, I will be praying for your friend's sister.

Morning Diva's!!
I have such a busy day today! I have first aid class all day :sad2:
I just dropped Jordan off at school, he going to tour WSU (Washington State Univ), then go to the baseball game against Arizona. I officially feel old!! Touring a college in 7th grade??? Oh well at least he is choosing a good one, well a good party one that is, just kidding, he would get a GREAT education there.

Thursday night/early Friday morning in Tukwilla friend from high school, his sister was in a horrible wreck. :guilty: Jess was hit head on by a drunk driver who was going in the wrong direction. She is not doing so well. She was crushed from the neck down. She has a lacerated liver amongst other items. Its really a miracle she is still alive. From what I have heard, the drunk driver is in jail & ok. That totally ticks me off. So if you could just keep their family in your thoughts and prayers.

On to happier news....

Its super sunny & nice outside. John just sent me a text of the 49ers stadium. He is in San Fran this wknd, creep. Just kidding.

Ok I will stop rambling now.

Hope you girls are having a great day!
I am so sorry to hear this and will send her some prayers.

When people are drunk they do not sense the danger so they are relaxed. That is what I also have heard. I have heard too many stories of drunks not getting hurt from stupid stunts and in auto accidents.

Good Afternoon everyone.

Waves to Bridgette.

I have a question about the meet in 2010. How does it work? Do we all stay at the same hotel, exchange cell phone #s or what? I'll be joining the group 2 days late. How far in advance do you book the hotel rooms? Is there anything else that I need to know?

I wish I knew everyone's names. Could you post your name in your next post so I can become aquatinted? Thanks!

I'm Bridgette :wave2:
Hi Bridgette! I see several people have already helped you out with answers to your questions but if you ever have anymore don't hesitate to ask. That's what we are all here for. :)

In addition to the names on the front page, I am working on getting pics to go along with it. Once I do that, perhaps you can post a pic as well so we'll have two sections, one for vets and one for newbies.

As for hotel, I believe the plan this year is to have an onsite option (Grand Californian) and an offsite option (Hojo Anaheim) and then based on preference or finances the ladies can choose between the two.

Cell #'s will be exchanged, and a detailed schedule with times and meeting places will be posted as it gets closer.
You came in at a good time as you'll have plenty of opportunity to get to know everyone in the months ahead, and be on board for picking restaurants, tours, etc. :thumbsup2

Thursday night/early Friday morning in Tukwilla friend from high school, his sister was in a horrible wreck. :guilty: Jess was hit head on by a drunk driver who was going in the wrong direction. She is not doing so well. She was crushed from the neck down. She has a lacerated liver amongst other items. Its really a miracle she is still alive. From what I have heard, the drunk driver is in jail & ok. That totally ticks me off. So if you could just keep their family in your thoughts and prayers.
I'm so sorry to hear that. How tragic. I will definitely keep her in my prayers. And it does always seem to be that the person causing the accident walks away fine, while others are killed or injured. It sucks.

Sorry! I'm so bad at reading directions so it would figure that I didn't read the first post thoroughly! :upsidedow
LOL
It's ok. But if you ever fall behind in the thread and fear you've missed something, anything of major importance will be linked or posted on that front page, so just check there. Also look for updates in the title now and then.

And Denver is having a huge blizzard...I would be gloating right now to my sister but my niece may not get to have her senior prom tonight. And my sister is so upset, it's been a rough year just trying to get my niece through the year with her grades that my sister wanted her to have something special to remember her senior year. Her date is a freshman at Wyoming State and the roads are closed so he can't come anyway. I feel bad for for them all but I am so happy that I no longer live have to deal with snow!! I get homesick sometimes for Denver but then when I hear about these snow stories I get over it really quickly!
That sucks. I'm sorry about the snow and the prom. Geez we are already well into April, enough snow already!

I hope you are all having a good day so far. We've been busy doing a community yard sale today. Made about 50 bucks. Nothing major but then all my stuff was dirt cheap (50 cents, 25 cents) so I guess it's not too bad considering.

Time to go clean it all up though. Be back later. :)

In addition to the names on the front page, I am working on getting pics to go along with it. Once I do that, perhaps you can post a pic as well so we'll have two sections, one for vets and one for newbies.

That's a great idea Beth :thumbsup2. BTW~ Do you need an updated picture of me since I didn't attend the last meet. I've aged a little since the last time you guys saw me. You know with the new baby & all the stress I've been under, I've gotten a few more wrinkles :headache:. Well below is a new photo of me if you need one:

DSC04389.jpg

Katie, I have never met you in person, but I think you look fantastic!!!!!!!

That's a great idea Beth :thumbsup2. BTW~ Do you need an updated picture of me since I didn't attend the last meet. I've aged a little since the last time you guys saw me. You know with the new baby & all the stress I've been under, I've gotten a few more wrinkles :headache:. Well below is a new photo of me if you need one:

DSC04389.jpg
Katie, wow! We could be twins now. I never really noticed the resemblance until now. Hey sis! ;)

More bad news in the mail but not for me thankfully.

As you know from my earlier post the state of California reduced SSI payments by about $37 which for me hurts but it is only discretionary money like theater, games, and DLR so that does not hurt.

Now the state will no longer do the tax postponements for the disabled, seniors, and blind. This will be a ding in our budget but will not hurt so bad as we have my credit card and again this could come from discretionary income. We will be fine with these cutback, so far.

What is worries me is all the people this will effect. How are some people going to come up with $350 to $1000 tax payments? Mom is on the prop 13 reduced taxes so hers is around $350 to $400. The program allowed eligible residents to postpone the tax payment until the house was sold or the owner died. It allowed people on low incomes to live in their home tax free instead of being forced to sell the home to pay taxes.

The good news is that I cannot find my 140 calorie power bars and I ended up straightening the garage, sweeping, throwing stuff out, and then tossed another load in the dryer. A lot of stuff done and no munching so I am proud of myself. I was so mad at Arnie that I made a good ding in my inheritence of 100+ years of junk from my father, his brother, my mother, her mother, and me.

MamaKate and mommaU4
I think you both would look like a princess if you did the BBB.:thumbsup2

Katie, wow! We could be twins now. I never really noticed the resemblance until now. Hey sis! ;)

I know. I thought the blue eyeshadow looked so good on you, I had to try it out for myself :laughing:.

Seriously though, if you need a new picture of me, let me know ;).

I know. I thought the blue eyeshadow looked so good on you, I had to try it out for myself :laughing:.

Seriously though, if you need a new picture of me, let me know ;).

Yeah, we know how to rock the blue shadow. ;)
Sure, PM me a new pic and I'll use that since the others I have are from last year.

Thanks for the prayers everyone! She is breathing on her own now. She has already had 2 surgeries, a third to put pins in her ankles in the morning.

It just ticks me off that the drunk driver is always usually fine.

Katie~ Love how you are rockin the blue eye shadow!!

Its been such a busy day.
I had dinner with SGT. Umland & my bff. They are leaving tomorrow on their road trip to Fort Detrick to see their new home. Then he will go on down to Georgia & she will head back here for 20ish days.

Tomorrow we are having a big WELCOME HOME/GOING AWAY BBQ for him.

I hope everyone is having a great evening.

Thanks for the prayers everyone! She is breathing on her own now. She has already had 2 surgeries, a third to put pins in her ankles in the morning.

It just ticks me off that the drunk driver is always usually fine.
I'm glad to hear she's breathing on her own now. Sounds like she has a long road to recovery ahead of her, but I hope she continues to improve.

A BBQ tomorrow sounds like a nice send off. :)

HULLO!
Wow, it's amazing how much stuff you miss on this thread in two days!

Yesterday, Anais ditched school so I could take her to the Los Angeles Museum of Natural History. The whole time I was there I was thinking of Night at the museum. We had a good time and took some funny photos. Traffic was horrible because I didn't even realize that we were leaving LA at 3pm, PEAK traffic time. We made it home in an hour nonetheless.

My grandparents arrived and later my aunt and cousins came over. We all had dinner together (pizza from Costco and I cooked up chicken drumsticks and made a salad). I'm so thrifty! I was able to feed us for $20! (7 yesterday and just us three today).

Today I had to work the Earth Day event for the city and I was in the arts & crafts booth. It was wonderful weather and around 10:30 my grandma, grandpa, and Anais showed up to enjoy it, too. We got a bunch of free stuff (reuseable grocery bags from Whole foods, free trees, water, pencils, rulers, etc). When we got home my grandparents left and Anais and I just rested. We watched the Cosby DVD that came in the mail from Netflix and around 4pm we had the rest of the pizza for lunch. Right now, I know it's late, but we're having dinner (the rest of the drumsticks and a salad).

Oh and I continue to ChaCha :thumbsup2

I finally got all the pics put up on the front page with the matching names. It took forever!! :rotfl2: But it's done.

I only used pics from the trip so for some of you I was limited on ones to choose from. I tried to get pics that were fairly close up, nothing too candid, and tried to keep away from those with hats and sunglasses for the most part.

Anyway, if there is anyone who prefers a different pic or something changed, let me know. Thanks!

And now we need our new ladies who are just joining us to post some pics so you can add you as well!! :yay: :cool1:

Beth, as usual, you work tireless and diligently on behalf of all us divas. Great job, I enjoyed remembering a few faces I had kind of forgotten. You are the best!:thumbsup2

And I hope no one really thinks that crazy looking lady in curlers and blue eye shadow is really Katie - yikes! But, I agree, some days we all feel like that.;)

Debbie - glad your friend is doing better.

Another boring Sat night here. REALLY looking forward to next weekend and MA. I was checking the weather and it is supposed to be cold (like 60) next Sunday and tomorrow is supposed to be over 90. That is crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter