Girls Only Trip (old planning thread, see link to new one in 1st post)

boo_bear001.jpg

boo_bear002.jpg

Yay!

Awwww, very cute. But ummmmm, you're making me feel really old girl! How old are you? :lmao:

(Not that it matters, I'm just nosey like that. ;) We have ladies ranging in age from early 20's to their 60's! And, as Disney fans, let's face it, we are all really just kids at heart. :goodvibes )

Morning all. Looks like you all had fun last night and Beth you are killing me with those Sunday pics! DROOL!!!

Yesterday we just had a lazy day! It was SOOO nice to just veg for once! We watched our videos which were all really good by the way and then went and registered for the soccer. Then we stopped at the store and picked up stuff for a BBQ. The weather here is FINALLY nice enough! We bbq'd tri tip and made corn on the cob and had potato salad and fruit salad and french bread and I got cream cheese brownies for dessert. It was so YUM!!!

GOOD dinner! We are going to bbq chicken tonight with asparagus! Can't wait. I love weekends. Never have time to do that on weeknights cuz of swim team and all the other stuff. Always have to do quickie dinners in the oven or crock pot etc.

But anyway it was a nice relaxing day yesteray. Oh yeah and Lynn called her dad and the "engagement" is officially off surprise surprise. She is just going to get a job up there (most likely the one at McDonald's if she doesn't already have it) and just work and hopefully they will convince her to go back to continuation school or night school or whatever. I just hope she keeps her nose clean with them and doesn't get into any more trouble. It is NOT like her not to want to party and get into problems and I don't know if they will tolerate it either. If she doesn't go down the straight and narrow she might lose THAT job too etc etc. I guess it will remain to be seen but for now she is up there and doing what she is going to do and out of our hands so we shall see. I am just glad she isn't going to marry that kid and I KNEW that was never going to happen so I wasn't really worried about it anyway.

Anyway today Shane went to church with the girls to find out about the Wednesday Awana meetings because I have a wicked head cold and then later he may go look at a job, not sure. Otherwise it is more relaxing before it is back to the grind next week.

Mom is STILL trying to see if we can manage a short cruise at the end of summer but I don't know if it will work. I told her she is going to have to foot the bill for this one cuz we are flat broke right now so we shall see. It all depends on if she gets some good deals at work. But we found a really good deal on a cruise out of Galveston that goes to Merida and Cozumel for just like 4 days. It is like 400 per adult and less for the kids. And we founds pretty cheap airfare to Houston. So we shall see. It all depends on if things fall into place financially. She REALLY wants this though and she gets on these tangents lol so I told her it's up to her if she can afford it cuz I know we can't do it right now. So we shall see. I know the girls would love it and I admit so would I cuz I have never been on a cruise but who knows. Otherwise my next trip is the girls trip. :)

That's what "I" am saving for ;)

Anyway hope everyone has a GREAT day and talk to you guys later.

Good afternoon, ladies!

I have had a busy morning, but fun. We did hit the 90% off on easter goodies at Target. I got sooooo much stuff for next year and Maddie got a Hannah Montana pen set and some Easter pixos. They were both 59 cents!:eek: I was surprised at how much stuff they still had.

I also got a pair of the cutest shoes evah! I love Target!:lovestruc

I am now about to write a paper for school. booooo!

I hope you all have a nice Sunday!:wizard:

Beth you are killing me with those Sunday pics! DROOL!!!
We bbq'd tri tip and made corn on the cob and had potato salad and fruit salad and french bread and I got cream cheese brownies for dessert. It was so YUM!!!
Now who's killing who? That sounds so good!

I'm glad Lynn's engagement is off. It's for the best, and maybe with school and finding a job, she can get back on the right track. Let's hope!

I have had a busy morning, but fun. We did hit the 90% off on easter goodies at Target. I got sooooo much stuff for next year and Maddie got a Hannah Montana pen set and some Easter pixos. They were both 59 cents!:eek: I was surprised at how much stuff they still had.
Lucky! The Target here didn't have much of anything left at all.

Good luck on your paper!

Morning ladies!

Well I slept in late--because I didn't get to sleep until after 12:30 last night--wish it had been for something fun, but I just had this weird feeling up and down my back (like worms crawling) --so I took Advil and that didn't work. finally I heated up what I call my "Heatie thing" (Molly saw it when she was my roomie) which is filled with sand or buckwheat or something and put that to my back. Finally I got to sleep.

This morning I made an easy breakfast--just heated up some mini-quiche from Costco (yum) and cut up some fresh cantaloupe. And coffee--must have the java!

now I'm doing laundry, working (yuck) and organizing the house for the influx of the Diva girls next weekend.

I'll check back in later!

Awwww, very cute. But ummmmm, you're making me feel really old girl! How old are you? :lmao:

(Not that it matters, I'm just nosey like that. ;) We have ladies ranging in age from early 20's to their 60's! And, as Disney fans, let's face it, we are all really just kids at heart. :goodvibes )

I'm 24. I'll be celebrating my 25th in DL on July 16th. :woohoo:

Holy cow ladies. I go to sin city for a few days, come back, and you guys closed down the old thread and start up a new one? Geez!

Is there tater tots and cupcakes on this thread? I'm freaking hungry!

I had tater tots the other day at Sonic. They were soooo yummy!

The thing about the Korean day spa is that you realize that NO ONE cares. People are barely looking at you, let alone judging you. That's hard to get into your head (it's been WAY too long since I was there...the last time I was there was the day my mom died, actually, it was a pre-planned thing and it was a way to be around my girlfriends with their support, so I went and although it sounds strange, it was the best thing I could have done that day), but once you're there and you realize how little your body matters to others...it's really freeing.

And you haven't lived until you've had a Korean body scrub. OK, I'll take that back, and add "by professionals", b/c hubby could have lived his whole life without having his mom scrub his skin with rough washcloths, but he'd love it if the day spa had a men's side!

I have to check out the other thread to see why you "closed" it down. :rotfl:

I agree on the Korean spa. Once you get past the nakie thing, its all good. And really, no one cares. I talked to many Korean ladies while at the spa, and they all said the same thing. Its no big deal to them. They are used to it. And I was upset I didn't do the scrub last time. I will do it next time though.

New Thread, New Thread, YEAH!:yay:

Just wanted to say you guys had way too much fun last night at Chippendales. I also wanted to say you all look very pretty - cute clothes, hair and makeup. We don't do much of that when we're at DL.princess:

I need to find that thread.

Well, as you have all pointed out, we definitely had a good time last night :lovestruc

And yes, you could say that the boy that I was standing with was rather "friendly" as he kept whispering in my ear in his Spanish accent to let me know exactly how we should be posed for the cameras :rolleyes1

Thanks to: Beth for getting us such a great deal on tix; Stacie for giving us a good reason to go out last night rather than having lunch on Sunday; Amy for providing so much amusement as she experienced her first time; and last but not least to the Tag Fairy for reading my mind and hooking Amy up with a dancing banana... now if only he were wearing a bow tie!

We had such a great time. I loved how Amy thought I just picked up on some guy outside Wetzel's. James thought it was hilarious. He was all.....I look that good that she thought you just had to pick me up? Sweet!!!

Ahhh, so that's your secret.

I wish there was cupcakes!!
We had In-n-Out for dinner, but cupcakes still sound good. Forget Jello, I say there is always room for cupcakes.

Good luck!!

Lucky you! Have fun.

Yeah, Amy was a wild child last night.

It was fun to "dress up" a little bit and go out for a night on the town.
I can't wait for Stacie to come home and post her pics. She has lots more of us in ummmmm, interesting poses. :rotfl:

I am trying to get them posted. But shutterfly is giving me issues. As soon as I can, I will post those pics and get a report out.

That's a great idea Beth :thumbsup2. BTW~ Do you need an updated picture of me since I didn't attend the last meet. I've aged a little since the last time you guys saw me. You know with the new baby & all the stress I've been under, I've gotten a few more wrinkles :headache:. Well below is a new photo of me if you need one:

DSC04389.jpg

Damn girl....you hot!

A very mature 24 year old at that. For the most part, I can't stand anyone my age! I hang out with my parents, 56 and 66, a lot :lmao: My mom and I were having a blast looking at the past trip photos. She's so jealous! I'm going to try to talk her into coming with me in 2010. Her name is Mickey too! :smickey:

A very mature 24 year old at that. For the most part, I can't stand anyone my age! I hang out with my parents, 56 and 66, a lot :lmao: My mom and I were having a blast looking at the past trip photos. She's so jealous! I'm going to try to talk her into coming with me in 2010. Her name is Mickey too! :smickey:

Bridgette: what are you getting your degree in? That would be cool if you could talk your Mom into it!

Morning all.

Hi Bridgette. I look forward to getting to know you while we're planning our Divas trip.

Beth those sundaes look so good, I'll take them both. ;)

My puppy had me up at 445 this morning. :eek: He of course woke the kids up. The good thing is that I was able to get my entire to do list done by 10 this morning (and that included my run).

I am so glad that the nice weather is finally here. :cool1: I was tired of the cold and wind. Of course now we'll be getting the wind that makes it feel like you're walking in a blow dryer but it's better than cold wind.

Kelly I agree about no time during the week for anything relaxing. Raine (my youngest daughter) has her first t-ball game tomorrow, then practice on Wednesday and another game on Friday (we do this for the next 5 weeks). Selena (oldest daughter) has Girl Scouts on Tuesdays. So it looks like the month or so my only weekday free will be Thursdays. Oh well.... summer will be here before I know it with this schedule.

January you got some great deals at Target. I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and got quite a bit (they were only at 75% off) they still had about 2 aisles of stuff left. Then this morning I was at the base exchange and was able to get a few more items real cheap.

The pics from the Vegas mini meet look great. Sounds like you all had a great time. I really wish I could take the time off to go to the Vegas trip in June and our family vacation but I just don't have that much to do both. I'm taking 2 weeks in August so Josh can go and visit his younger brothers. After 2 weeks with just the kids I will probably be looking like the bride of frankenstein... I'll be on here a lot and will be in need of adult conversation. ;)

I hope you all are having a wonderful day.

steph

Bridgette: what are you getting your degree in? That would be cool if you could talk your Mom into it!

I'm getting my Bachelor of Fine Arts with focus in Photography and then I'm moving to Santa Barbara in July to get my masters from the Brooks Institute of Photography. Good times! :banana:

now I'm doing laundry, working (yuck) and organizing the house for the influx of the Diva girls next weekend.
Awww, Cheryl, you are such a good host. :)
Sorry about the trouble sleeping last night.

Well, there's no better place to celebrate. :cool1:
You look younger actually. That may or may not be a good thing now, but trust me in your 30's you'll be happy about that. ;)

We had such a great time. I loved how Amy thought I just picked up on some guy outside Wetzel's. James thought it was hilarious. He was all.....I look that good that she thought you just had to pick me up? Sweet!!!
Hmmm, what does that say about you that she believed you'd just walked up to some random guy and put your arm around him. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

My mom and I were having a blast looking at the past trip photos. She's so jealous! I'm going to try to talk her into coming with me in 2010. Her name is Mickey too! :smickey:
Awesome, we'd love to have her along.

Come on mom, join us!! :yay:

I was tired of the cold and wind. Of course now we'll be getting the wind that makes it feel like you're walking in a blow dryer but it's better than cold wind.
That's one thing I remember about the Palmdale area. Lots of wind.

I'm getting my Bachelor of Fine Arts with focus in Photography and then I'm moving to Santa Barbara in July to get my masters from the Brooks Institute of Photography. Good times! :banana:
Good for you. Santa Barbara huh? Party town. ;)

We were there last summer and started out on the scenic route and somehow got sidetracked. We ended up in this neighborhood that had these houses on bluffs overlooking the ocean. OMG, I was so jealous. Not so much of the house, but the location. I hope those people know how good they have it.

Well, there's no better place to celebrate. :cool1:
You look younger actually. That may or may not be a good thing now, but trust me in your 30's you'll be happy about that. ;)

Yeah its kind of funny... when I was 17 I looked like I was 25. Now that I'm almost there I look like I'm 17. Spooky :scared1:

First of all I can't believe we have only been back a month and a half and you have already had to start a second 2010 board! Second thank you so much for doing the pictures at the beginning...I am at work so I can't see them yet but that is SUCH a helpful idea! Especially including first names as I am still having a hard time with that even after having been on the trip!

Sarah

P.S. If something happens and work lets me, I will try to go...we will just have to wait and see!

can we all say "Official Dis Divas photographer"???????

Just kidding!

That is awesome--Santa Barbara is such a beautiful town!

can we all say "Official Dis Divas photographer"???????

Just kidding!

That is awesome--Santa Barbara is such a beautiful town!

I'd love to be the official Diva's photographer! When we go on our 2010 trip you can count on my camera being with me 100% of the time!

Happy Sunday afternoon ladies!

Just us girls went to church this morning (my grandparent went home yesterday) and left right afterward because we had a whirlwind of cleaning to do before my parents arrive tonight. You know how it is? Putting everything off until the last minute; that's how I do, baby-boo.

I just "Saturday" cleaned the bathroom (we pick up everyday but Saturday is our serious clean-with-ajax-and-bleach day) and picked up our bedroom. I put a load of towels to wash and now I have to go vacuum and pick up the den. I'm going to call my aunt today and see if she and the girls are up for seeing the Hannah Montana movie. If not, we'll just be staying home and watching something on netflix.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter