Girls Only Disneyland Trip!! Old thread. New link in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some extras I can bring if you would like me too. :thumbsup2

Thanks!

I can't wait for it all! Food glorious food!

:rotfl: I'm really excited but I'm starting to get nervous too. This is how I was last time and I know it turned out fine. And this time I have already met some of you from the last trip but I still get a little nervous meeting new people. I'm really quiet when I first meet people but people that really know me tell me I talk too much.:lmao:

Don't worry I am nervous too! :) And I don't know anyone! ;) I am afraid that my mom and I will be standing in the corner talking to ourselves LOL. But hopefully it won't be that way and we will have a good time!

See you soon! :)

Don't worry I am nervous too! :) And I don't know anyone! ;) I am afraid that my mom and I will be standing in the corner talking to ourselves LOL. But hopefully it won't be that way and we will have a good time!

don't worry--if anything you'll get sick of us !!!!!!!!

Dawn can tell you how shy and retiring we are, right Dawn?

YIIIIIKES! Less than 24 hours for me before we drive! Everyone is packed except for dh. He packs 10 minutes before we leave. Hate that about him!

Anyone else still obsessing over checking the weather??

I've been following MommywithDreams in the parks today. The park is EMPTY and the weather is gorgeous (although she said they got rained on just a little bit).

Eveyone was so nice last time and I know it'll be the same way this time. My mom came with me last year (she's going this year too).

YIIIIIKES! Less than 24 hours for me before we drive! Everyone is packed except for dh. He packs 10 minutes before we leave. Hate that about him!

I've been following MommywithDreams in the parks today. The park is EMPTY and the weather is gorgeous (although she said they got rained on just a little bit).

Callie: where is MommywithDreams' thread? I can't find it!

It did rain here earlier for about an hour but it has all dried up now. I am really hoping that if it rains during the trip that it rains Thursday nite while we're at the pizza party or Fri nite while a lot of us are at the DVC tour (LOL--we may have a full house if that happens!) I want it not to rain Saturday so we get a full day in!

I think I've checked the weather 20 times today. Accuweather and weather.com give differrent rain forcasts, so I'll just go with which ever one looks driest! I'm pretty much packed, but we'll see haow many times a change things out between now and Thursday morning.

Callie, if I don't talk to you before you leave, have a safe drive. I think we're planning on the 2:35 Billys show on Thursday. I know you'll be with your family, but I'll call to see if you want to meet us. BTW, did you get a PH for you DH for Thursday? I'd love to meet him.

Callie, if I don't talk to you before you leave, have a safe drive. I think we're planning on the 2:35 Billys show on Thursday. I know you'll be with your family, but I'll call to see if you want to meet us. BTW, did you get a PH for you DH for Thursday? I'd love to meet him.

Yes, I did manage to get a ticket for my dh on Thursday so he's coming along! I don't know if I'll be able to talk my kids into the Billys on Thurs, but I'll try. :)

Callie: where is MommywithDreams' thread? I can't find it!

She doesn't have a thread on the Dis. She's posting live facebook updates and photos from her cell phone.

Oh Beth! Get well soon girl. Don't worry about updates, we will figure that out!QUOTE]

I'm NOT wearing red. I don't really have any red......I look terrible in that color. When I wear red, I look red all over.:goodvibes

I think I'm going to wear a nice salmon color on that day. It's not red, but it's as close to red as I'm going to get.:thumbsup2

Salmon, pink, etc. It's all red to me:thumbsup2

Does anyone know the amounts for these things? I'm getting organized today. I saved the money part for last or I would spend it:rotfl:

landyard........$
VIP tour tip....$
WIWF our tip .$

Can anyone think of anything else? :confused3

No Worries Dawn. I am just bringing a stack of $1's and $5's:)

Ok gals! Great news! The Mickey headbands arrived! I actually ended up ordering all they had--which was 26. This was the last complete list I had of who wanted one:

Mickey Tiara

Cheryl
Heather
Wendy
Tina (3)
Callie (2)
January
Theresa
Capri
Michelle
Amy
Linda (2)
Steph
Debra
Amy

If for some reason you don't want one now, not a problem. If you do, the price with shipping ended up being $4 each. They're really cute. I'll bring them to the pizza party.

I would love to have one, if you have a spare:thumbsup2

As far as the tip for WIWF, honestly we are not expected to tip. And the CM will refuse it (3) times and if we insist, will then take it. Those were the rules when DD was a plaid - they are really discouraged from taking tips. I have gone on many tours at DL and WDW and never tipped or saw anyone else do it. Now the VIP tour is a little different. They are allowed to take tips, but I think $40 for the entire group is plenty. Any more than that is quite generous. I think last year for our group we each pitched in $2 so the tip was $20, and we had a fabulous guide (JD). He tried to refuse it, but Lesley insisted several times and he took it. Anyway, that's my two cents, you guys can decide for yourselves.:)

Thanks Linda

Now i'm confused.

I was told the tips should be $15 to $20 per person.

Now Melody says no tip and Linda says $20 or $40 for the entire group?

i'm confuzzled.:confused3

I think the tip recommendation was based on a percentage and last year the tour was 1/2 the price, so it makes sense that it would be less. But I totally like Linda's explanation and that makes sense to me to go tinkle and decide what we want to do:)

PS If anyone is secretly DYING to go on the VIP tour, let me know(PM, because there is another ladie having a scheduling challenge and a spot may become available.

PSS Cristabel, I think you should just show up at the CC at 4:20 and be assured that we will sqeeze you in. I will give up 1/3 of my chair for you:)

Oh YOOH HOO, Wendy Lou!

Our Three Musketeers is down to two! Is there anyone to join us?? Can we have Cristabel?? We simply must have one more member or we will have to have a new name!

I'm bringing a bunch of $5's too.. i'm sure we will be able to work out the tip together! Let's hope our CM is EXTRA wonderful and needs a super tip!:goodvibes

Well if You all can't find another team member.. what about bringing a stuffed mascot for Your third?:wizard:

Salmon, pink, etc. It's all red to me:thumbsup2

I would love to have one, if you have a spare:thumbsup2

PSS Cristabel, I think you should just show up at the CC at 4:20 and be assured that we will sqeeze you in. I will give up 1/3 of my chair for you:)

Okay, I changed my mind on the salmon color. I'm now wearing a dark burgandy on "red" day.

You can have my Mickey headband. I just bought a new headband the other day, plus a new tiara, so the Mickey headband is yours.:thumbsup2

I agree, Christabel should just show up with all of us (since we'll all be checking in around the same time anyway), and they'll sqeeze her in at one of our tables.

Oh YOOH HOO, Wendy Lou!

Our Three Musketeers is down to two! Is there anyone to join us?? Can we have Cristabel?? We simply must have one more member or we will have to have a new name!

Cristabel joined The Monkey Brides earlier this week, but if you really need a third member we can probably work a trade. But, it will cost you! :laughing:

What's up ladies?
I am waiting for DH to finish up some homework so we can watch 24. I can't believe how fast time is going! It is almost 2 days until the trip!:goodvibes

Speaking of getting sick, my dog has started having diarrhea (TMI Sorry) and I don't know what the cause is!
She started yesterday when she pooped a clump of grass. When I got home today she had three "explosions" in the house. GROSS, now I have to clean it up :scared:

I'm going to withhold food for the rest of the day and make sure she drinks lots of water.

Anyone else know of any good remedies to stop diarrhea? I PM'd Amysue, hoping she'll get back to me soon.
My friend used to give her lab white rice and plain chicken when he had tummy issues. She had a OTC remedy book for her dog.

It sprinkled here around 1:30 or so. Not too hard, just a bit. But other than that, today has been really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter