Girls Only Cocktail Sipping, Double Dipping Trip Report - COMPLETED...

It must be gorgeous watching the fireworks, what a lovely day :goodvibes

So is the wine tasting included or an optional extra? Or is that a silly question? :rotfl:

I am lurking and reading Kaz, not quite caught up yet...

Just wanted to let you know I am here and thoroughly enjoying your trippie~

:wave:

Glad to see the cocktail count creeping up, but, still needs some work there young lady - keep at it:thumbsup2

What's the bets that Richard snaffled the erroneous cocktail away whilst stood at the bar arranging the replacement? It would only go to waste otherwise wouldn't it, can't see the bar chap wanting it:confused3

Karen

I have just spent a lovely hour reading through your wonderful trip report from start to finish (so far), and it all sounds wonderful. What a fab stateroom the Roy O is and Im sat here a little green with envy right now;)

You really do have my sympathies about your skin complaint hon, both my mum and my sister have the same condition since they were born and both from head to toe, the years of Tar treatment, bound bandages, PUVA, and steriod creams have been a nightmare for them both.
My mum has now been on Neo -Tigason for over 15 years and has helped no end, but I know it has some side effects in the beginning and they wont yet give it to my sister due too her age, but mum is now mainly free apart from some occasional flare ups. I do hope yours clears up for you soon:hug: :hug:

Wonderful writing and cant wait for you to post more:goodvibes

Hi Karen...Have just caught up with your entire report in one go...I have been slacking lately!

Wow what an amazing trip....It was so lovely reading about your DH's arrival. I am so excited hearing about your stay at Wilderness Lodge as me & DH are staying their in December...I can't wait to see it for the first time.

I really want to do a Disney Cruise but am having trouble convincing my DH (he is not Disney obsessed like me!) Thanks for posting the photo of Atlantis....I got married there in 2001. :love: :cloud9:

Can't wait to read the about the rest of your trip.

another wonderful day,the vow renewal looks lovely its given me a few ideas
off my own. Ive never been sure about a cruise before but your reports are changing my mind DH is starting to panic:rotfl:

Wow, your magnets are brilliant, Karen, you are one talented lady. Sympathies again about the skin. I loved the Hercules show, and was gutted when I heard it had been replaced - the Toy Story one sounds not so good.

Laur's princess:

Thanks Laur's! :goodvibes

Love the door art. Sorry your skin was bad but at least you were in the best suite relaxing!

Yeah, I definitely got my money's worth out of Roy! :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about your skin :( Have a cocktail to cheer you up ;)

Cheers, Kaylee! You buying????????:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I'm so glad to have caught up with this trippie - what a fantastic read - loving your DH surprising your DD, the Roy O Disney suite, the cocktails... so looking forward to more.

Sara. :)

Thank you, Sara! Glad you enjoyed it so far... :goodvibes

What a fabulous and relaxing day :thumbsup2 and how lovely to see another vow renewal.

Nice job on the cocktail count as well :thumbsup2
Glad to see the cocktail count creeping up, but, still needs some work there young lady - keep at it:thumbsup2

What's the bets that Richard snaffled the erroneous cocktail away whilst stood at the bar arranging the replacement? It would only go to waste otherwise wouldn't it, can't see the bar chap wanting it:confused3

We did try harder that day - I'm glad our efforts are appreciated! :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: DH certainly had a substantial swig as he returned the martini to the bar, Matt - I saw him! Wouldn't be surprised if he necked the rest... ;)

Another fab day Karen, it sounds like you had a nice, relaxing time ::yes::

Could you tell me about the wine tasting ? It may surprise you, but I haven't tried this before.

It must be gorgeous watching the fireworks, what a lovely day :goodvibes

So is the wine tasting included or an optional extra? Or is that a silly question? :rotfl:

The wine tasting is booked at Guest Services when you board and costs $12 per person. It's informal yet informative and most importantly, fun! I'd be lying if I said we don't plan to do it again on the Magic in August... :rolleyes1

loving the door art, and the cocktail count is rising well done honey, I meant to ask how was the purple box, purple box buddy ?

Karen

I have just spent a lovely hour reading through your wonderful trip report from start to finish (so far), and it all sounds wonderful. What a fab stateroom the Roy O is and Im sat here a little green with envy right now;)

You really do have my sympathies about your skin complaint hon, both my mum and my sister have the same condition since they were born and both from head to toe, the years of Tar treatment, bound bandages, PUVA, and steriod creams have been a nightmare for them both.
My mum has now been on Neo -Tigason for over 15 years and has helped no end, but I know it has some side effects in the beginning and they wont yet give it to my sister due too her age, but mum is now mainly free apart from some occasional flare ups. I do hope yours clears up for you soon:hug: :hug:

Wonderful writing and cant wait for you to post more:goodvibes

Thanks, Sue! :hug: :hug: :hug: So sorry to hear about your Mum and sis. That's pretty much my history with the condition too - creams, pastes, bandages, PUVA, UVB. I'm about to start Methotrexate - an immuno-suppressant drug which helped last year - so it's back to no alcohol, weekly blood tests and joint pain but at least it'll bring some respite... TBH I've not heard of Neo-Tigason - that's one to ask my Dermo Doc about when I see him next week... :thumbsup2

Hi Karen...Have just caught up with your entire report in one go...I have been slacking lately!

Wow what an amazing trip....It was so lovely reading about your DH's arrival. I am so excited hearing about your stay at Wilderness Lodge as me & DH are staying their in December...I can't wait to see it for the first time.

I really want to do a Disney Cruise but am having trouble convincing my DH (he is not Disney obsessed like me!) Thanks for posting the photo of Atlantis....I got married there in 2001. :love: :cloud9:

Can't wait to read the about the rest of your trip.
IMO, a Disney cruise is ideal for less Disney-obsessed people, Claire! :thumbsup2 There's just so much to do that doesn't revolve around the Mickey and the gang. If your DH likes good food, great service and relaxing - cruising with the Mouse is for him! :goodvibes

another wonderful day,the vow renewal looks lovely its given me a few ideas
off my own. Ive never been sure about a cruise before but your reports are changing my mind DH is starting to panic:rotfl:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Why not try a 3 night cruise - then you'll know for sure... ;)

loving the door art, and the cocktail count is rising well done honey, I meant to ask how was the purple box, purple box buddy ?

Hey Jules! Happy Saturday to you! I shall be talking a little more about the purple box business in my conclusions - so patience, lady!!! ;)

Hey Jules! Happy Saturday to you! I shall be talking a little more about the purple box business in my conclusions - so patience, lady!!! ;)

Happy Saturday, I am a woman of little patience - so crack on :rotfl:

Thanks, Sue! :hug: :hug: :hug: So sorry to hear about your Mum and sis. That's pretty much my history with the condition too - creams, pastes, bandages, PUVA, UVB. I'm about to start Methotrexate - an immuno-suppressant drug which helped last year - so it's back to no alcohol, weekly blood tests and joint pain but at least it'll bring some respite... TBH I've not heard of Neo-Tigason - that's one to ask my Dermo Doc about when I see him next week... :thumbsup2

Karen:hug: :hug: :hug:

Spoke more to mum about it this morning and thats the chemical name for it, its actual name is Acitretin. Mum calls it her miracle tablet, but she can not drink with it, because it can cause liver damage, and she has to have Blood Tests every 3 months. In the begining her hair went very thin and she had cold sores on her mouth but this only lasted a few weeks. Hope this helps

Wednesday May 14th:
Morning again and today I was planning to actually getting off the Wonder! Wow, what a turn up!! But first our tummies had a trouser tightening appointment - yes, I'm talking about Palo's Brunch!!! This was Sophie's first belly-bursting brunch experience and I knew she'd love it. Luigi was our waiter again and we spent a few moments chatting with him about the cruise before he showed us a round the incredible amount of food that consisted of the buffet. This is where things got a little odd. As Luigi walked us through the selection, he repeatedly told Sophie she wasn't allowed this, that and the other! I thought he was joking in a "moment on the lips, lifetime on the hips" kinda way but I could tell Sophie was starting to get irritated... Luigi brought three Bellinis to our table before letting us loose on the food! And what fun we had! I was determined not to overdo it but got caught out by the hot Chef's Lunch Entree selections - OMG the Saltimbocca was sensational! We also tried delicious pizzas - including the sweet variety DH enjoyed at Palo's earlier in the cruise. Luigi, was rather dismissive of this option - seems real Italians don't eat sweet pizza! He'd no doubt be horrified then with my personal pizza topping paradise which consists of black olives, anchovies and pineapple - I guess there's no accounting for taste. Or mine, at least...

Sated with savouries, we headed back to the buffet to sample the desserts. We returned to the table with a selection and Luigi came over with another round of drinks. He saw Sophie's dessert platter and looked concerned. Now I was irritated - was he intent on proposing and didn't want her piling on the pounds before the wedding??? No time to challenge him, however as I realised I'd not picked up one of the lovely little shotglass servings of tiramisui so beetled back the buffet where I was hailed by another DISer from our Cruise thread! Hey Brandi, it was lovely to meet you! :wave: Hope you and your husband had a fantastic vacation... :hug:

I returned to the table - and to an explanation of Luigi's bonkers behaviour! Seems he'd confused Sophie with another family's egg allergic daughter! Hence the string of "Not for you!" comments. The amount of egg-based offerings our daughter was consuming prompted him to re-check his roster. And that's when he realised his mistake. Apparently he was very embarrassed so we received a complimentary round of Bellinis - salute!!!

As we'd now consumed enough food for Luigi to allow us to leave, the three of us set off for the suite with the intention of getting glam in our finest beach attire! It was an absolutely beautiful day in Castaway Cay and it felt good to be stepping off the Wonder into this tropical paradise. I apologise in advance for the lack of photos - I'd got more than a little pee'd off with my camera by this time and we weren't speaking...

IMG_0932.jpg

We walked to the second bus stop and quickly caught a tram to Serenity Bay. The three of us strolled along the beach, sandals in hand before spotting a cluster of chairs, parasol AND hammock all available for the Taylors to take over!!! Sophie occupied the hammock whilst DH and I dragged a couple of chairs down to the waters edge...

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

And there we stayed for hours - reading, talking, watching the pelicans dive for fish and generally relaxing in this little corner of Shangri-La. An obliging waiter kept us in Konk Koolers and I really think they are my fave cocktail of the trip - what wouldn't I give for one right now...? :cloud9:

At around two o clock Sophie felt she'd had enough sun and set of back to the Wonder. DH and I stayed a while longer before also making the short trip back to the ship. En route we stopped at the "She Sells..." store and I bought a couple of the special Double Dip pins. I think DH bought a tee-shirt but that might be the Konk Koolers talking. I took a couple of photos on the way back to the Wonder, including this extreme close of the Flying Dutchman - spooky eh..?

IMGP0129.jpg

Anyway, once back onboard, we thought we'd better make a start on the packing. IMO there's nothing more deflating than this - but I refused to be downhearted as tonight we were going to be in Animators Palette and I wanted Sophie to finally enjoy the entire experience - without the distraction of troublesome tablemates! Once we felt we were on top of the packing predicament, Sophie, Richard and I relaxed a little and played another few rounds of Scattergories!* Sophie popped up to Deck 9 for a round of the Drink of the Day which was Malibu Breeze and we whiled away the late afternoon in Roy O Disney style... All too soon, we had to get ready for dinner and before long we were heading down to Deck 4. We quickly found our table and decided to order a last night celebratory bottle of the Fairytale Cuvee champagne - what a way to start the evening!!! We examined the menu and Wayan took our order...

Sophie's Choices: Wild Mushrooms Risotto & Porcini Wafer; Creamy Butternut Squash Soup; PanSeared Veal Chop with Medjool Date, Sultana Raisin & Veal Farcis; Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pie...

Kaz's Choices: Seafood & Avocado Wrapper; Creamy Butternut Squash Soup; Grilled Fillet Mignon, Seared Scallops with Port Wine Demi Glace; Strawberry Shortcake...

Dick's Choices: Wild Mushrooms Risotto & Porcini Wafer; Smoked Salmon & Trout with Goat Cheese Salad; PanSeared Veal Chop with Medjool Date, Sultana Raisin & Veal Farcis; Peach & GInger Cheesecake...

Wayan brought out extra courses for us to sample and chatted with me about Manchester United's prospects in the upcoming Champions League final. As a fellow fan, he ensured my glass stayed topped with Fairytale fizz... Good man - a sure way to ensure a top tip! ;)

I love Animators Palette and tonight it really didn't disappoint! Our table was wonderfully situated to experience the whole "change" effect and as it was the final night, there was something of a party atmosphere. The Head Server stopped by and asked us for our feedback. He particularly wanted to know what we thought of the Double Dip experience and urged us to use our comment cards to request more, more, more of the multi-Castaway Cay stop cruises as, despite their popularity, there are none scheduled for 2009... :confused3

After dinner we returned to the room where the concierge guys had popped by and left a wonderful limited edition 'Ducky' Williams lithograph as a reminder of this Double Dip...

IMGP1487.jpg

This goes beautifully with the magical one we received last September...

IMGP1486.jpg

We finished the packing and put our cases outside the door as we fancied popping out for another evening with Kenne in Cadillac Lounge! Tonight he was supposed to be doing "Legends Joel, John and Diamond" but I gotta tell you I didn't hear anything by Elton. We had a couple of final cocktails, sang along to "Sweet Caroline" and "My Life" and ambled arm in arm to the suite for a final night of serene slumber and sweet dreams. Except it didn't quite work out that way...

We'd had a warning earlier in the evening of high waves on the high seas and tonight was certainly rough. TBH I quite enjoyed the Rock n RollerWonder (but then I'm the weirdo who enjoys turbulence) and once I'd got used to the creaking and stopped our sliding door from slamming, the motion swiftly sent me to sleep! Zzzz... Cocktail Count: 18!!!! :woohoo:

*I won - again... :goodvibes

I so want to be at Serenity Bay right now, it so relaxing, Rock N Roller Wonder LOL

Thank goodness the waiter mistook her, rather than almost telling her she was fat :rotfl:

OMG those waves sound horrid, I would have been feeling sick for sure :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter