giraffes

kakiax

Earning My Ears
Where would the best place be to veiw giraffe's at AKL; we arrive there next Sat. and I wanted to request a savannah that overlooks my favorite animal:D

Originally posted by kakiax
Where would the best place be to veiw giraffe's at AKL; we arrive there next Sat. and I wanted to request a savannah that overlooks my favorite animal:D

There are giraffes on all three savannas. There are two on the main savanna called the Arusha Savanna and then four each on the other two savannas. They are called the Uzima Savanna and the Sunset Savanna.

We had a FANTASTIC spot to see the male giraffes. They chased each other around, and did mock fighting. We were right near a watering hole where they hung out, along with cattle, ostriches (ever see one of these babies take a dirt bath!). You gotta see the giraffes drink!

We were on the Kudu trail, room 3320. A suggestion - ask for the room below, as the laundry room is near by, if you need that.

All that beng said, this room was far from the pool and Mara, but the antics of the three males (DS named them Moe, Larry, and Curly) was worth the walk!

Just returned from AKL. We saw lots of giraffes on the Zebra Trail, Arusha Savannah.

We just got back from AKL as well and had a great room on the arusha savanna, kudu trail (rm 4313). Saw tons of animals and one morning watched a zebra walk right underneath a giraffe's neck and just stand there! Of course, I couldn't get to my camera in time!

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter