"Gifting" someone a spa treatment. How to keep the price private?

ellimeno

Earning My Ears
I am organizing our family's cruise. A family member is sponsoring massages - yay! We are all booked at different days/times.

The problem is, if people find out how much the massages cost they are going to flip out. Is there any way to prevent people from seeing the $$$? But obviously everyone needs to leave a tip. I don't mind telling people to tip $XX but I am just hoping no one sees the base amount.

I know people will LOVE the massages, so I want to keep it that way and not have them complaining/fretting about the cost.

Any ideas? thanks!

...that's a good question! I don't know if there's a way to Truly hide it from them as all they'd have to do is ask what sort of massage they were given, and then look at the price list.

Are you giving them gift certificates? Or are you just booking for them and they just show up, get it done, and leave a tip? If that's the case, you could ask them to write a note by the reservation? But...I don't know how the tip would work...if they could print out a blank receipt or one with 0.00 owed or...??

:confused3 Good luck though!

I'm inclined to think it would be easier to just prepay the whole thing including tip. If you tell them each to tip $20, they can easily figure out that the massage is over $100 anyway. If they truly want to know the cost they can just look at the price list, which will be in the initial navigator in every stateroom when you arrive. You might be able to get around that if you tell them you got a discounted rate by booking so many massages. Small white lie, but if you're that concerned about them knowing it might not be a bad idea.

Actually the full price list is not in the navs or staterooms...they just list a few specials. However, the lists are right there at the spa counter where they could easily see 'em as they check in. Just prepay, including tip, and tell them, "Sorry, it's non refundandable so you'll waste all I paid if you don't take it!"

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter