GFV 1-bedroom unit views

wammers2003

Mouseketeer
Are there GFV 1-bedroom rooms that have views of the Magic Kingdom fireworks? Is so, which units? If not, what view do you prefer - lake or resort? Thank you!

1609 should have views of many of the MK fireworks. Perhaps the floor below, 1509, would of the higher fireworks. Other than that I'm not certain what else would. I've only had lakeview there once. Otherwise I've been in standard views and other than the one room that looked right out at the port cochere roof I've been perfectly content with the standard views. You can get some lakeview in many of those and there's monorail views.

We like standard because we are cheap with our points. We don't do studios, so we always book one bedrooms. Lake view cost more points than standard view. We've had some pleasant standard views.

According to Touring Plans, each floor has 3, 1 BR units with water view with the exception being the 6th floor which only has two. The room numbers appear to be the rooms ending in 02, 08 and 16 (1102, etc).

The lakeview rooms are great, especially if you wish to enjoy the fireworks and/or the water parade. We tend to book the standard view because I love watching the Monorail go by, especially in the morning while we eat breakfast on the balcony.

Keep in mind that most of the Lake View rooms do not have a fireworks view. They are oriented toward the Poly and the TTC. There are a few that may have a partial fireworks view. There are 3 or so Standard View rooms that have a great fireworks view, and there are some other SV rooms which have a partial fireworks view if you stand at the edge of the balcony and look hard right.

There are so few fireworks views, that I would not recommend even trying for them. If anything, ask for upper floor and lower floor. If you want a chance of fireworks, get standard view and ask for upper floor, pool/main lobby view.

I have stayed there probably 6 or 7 times. Only once have I got a great fireworks view. We did not request it, just requested an upper floor. Once we had the view where you can crane your neck to the right and see them.

Note: the SV 1BRs with a great fireworks view are 1327 and 1427. There is no 1BR on the 5th or 6th floor with the great view. 1127 and 1227 may have a partial view, but may have obstructions from other GF buildings.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter