GF Sugar Loaf rate w/postcard ok?

MommieMommie!

Mouseketeer
Hello -
I just got a postcard for deluxe discounted rate. I called to see if we could use for GF. Yes, we can, however the only thing available for our travel dates was the Lodge Concierge in Sugar Loaf - 6 nights=$2191.00! I had already made ressies for Oct in a regular lagoon view room for six nights @ $2930.40. Not sure if I should keep this or keep trying to get the regular lagoon view room @ $129/night.

California Dreaming - what to do? Thanks!

Is the postcard for $129 rates at the GF ??:eek: :eek: :eek:

If not.....the best rates I have seen for the GF is $229 for the Garden view last year with the annual pass.
Kim

Hi! :) That $129 rate is only valid for the Animal Kingdom Lodge Standard View, the GF's rooms are much higher than that! The cheapest you'll find at the GF now is around $230-275/night for their standard garden view. :)

Okay, that Sugar Loaf room is $356.17 per night. I assume you are going sometime April to June, correct? If so, Sugar Loaf's rooms go for $560.55 per night regular rate ($3363.30 for 6 nights).

The rooms in Sugar Loaf are indeed nice, and the location is the best of all the lodge buildings. I'd give it a try. :)

What is "sugar loaf"? & Which rooms/suites are your FAVS @ the GF? I know you pm'd me of one in particular, but I've never heard of the Sugar Loaf. Also, when is the earliest I can book the Tower rooms (CL) @ CR? Thanks for your help...you are the BEST/EXPERT with these queries & your assistance is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!;) :)

Hi dreamflight! Disney takes reservations for years in advance, so you can make reservations any time you wish! I have made them 2 years in advance before! (and, they've been changed a few times!).

I loved the Contemporary's tower club! Though it isn't a full concierge service, the service that is provided is still nice! :) They have a nice continental breakfast and afternoon snacks, as well as a friendly staff!

Sugar Loaf is the lodge concierge service at the Grand Floridian. It is located in the Sugar Loaf Key lodge building, #6. The service is around $100/night more than a standard garden view room, and around $100/night less than a concierge room in the main building (aka the Royal Palm Club). No alcohol is served in the Sugar Loaf Key, but other than that the service is pretty much the same. Sugar Loaf's concierge lounge and concierge desks are located in the lobby area of the building, it's a nice set-up. You can typically get a discount on Sugar Loaf with the various codes, can't say the same about the Royal Palm Club (it's most always excluded from the discounts, with the exception of occasional DC and AAA, and very few times AP).

My favorites at the GF? Well, for a "best view suite" the "BC Suite" on the first floor of Conch Key, the Evergaldes Suite, would be wonderful! It has a huge patio, as well as a perfect view of Cinderella's Castle! I also love the lagoon view rooms in Big Pine Key, the end wing with rooms ending in 41-47. :) Other than that, Lodge Tower Rooms are a nice value, they have garden views and an extra sitting area in a turret. :)

Thanks so much Cali for the lovely post, and the great explanation. I understand fully, and have printed this for future reference. Now, if you could give me a location/room# for the CR Tower (CL), I will be all set! I'd prefer a nice view of the Castle (doesn't everyone..LOL?) You are so kind to take the time and energy to post such detailed replies. I thank you in advance for the assistance with this inquiry. Df99

Hi dreamflight! For the CR Tower Club, any room from #4825-#4848 have a wonderful castle view! :) At the Contemporary, when staying on the club level, I find the only request needed is Magic Kingdom View (or Bay View, depending on some people's preference!). Rooms ending in an odd number would have the beds facing the MK, though. :)

I have made "notes" of all your info, and will keep it for future reference. I want the CL, tower...facing the MK! I'm booking 3 eves there, and 3 eves CL AKL. I have to find out more about AKL...and find the best rooms/views for CL there! This research is half the fun! Thanks again, you are a veritable "book" of knowledge when it comes to GF & CR! Enjoy your weekend..(we're almost there!).:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter