GF Standard Rooms

FutureBrideOfMike

Mouseketeer
Are they worth the $?
Yes, I am STILL trying to decide on where to stay for my disnemoon.
I really really want to stay here.
But standard room would be all I could afford.
Is it worth it?
Also, is transportation pretty fast to Epcot?

I assume that by standard you mean garden view? I've stayed lagoon only but can tell you that the garden view rooms seemed really nice. GF is a lovely hotel, a great place to stay for your Disneymoon even if your aren't staying in the main bldg. Transportation to EPCOT is about as fast as it can be by monorail because you have to transfer to the TTC. Takes approx 15-20 minutes but the sites along the way are nice.

I've stayed at GF many times in all different types of rooms/views. You will not be disappointed. The garden view rooms are just like the lagoon view rooms except, of course, for the views :teeth: The rooms are beautiful and spacious. I would highly recommend the resort for your honeymoon :cloud9: :love:
The entire resort is beautiful and its proximity to the MK makes it very magical IMO. You have the Seven Seas Lagoon right there, the pools, the beach, the monorail, great restaurants. I would go for it!!
(Best wishes to you!)

GF will be a great place for your honeymoon. I have stayed there once in GV and the only difference I can think of as johnsonet said is the view, because one of my friends has stayed in a LV room. You are going to have a great time!

I actually prefer several other resorts to GF - Poly is my favorite. I stayed at GF for the 3 night portion of a land-sea cruise in 2002. For what you were paying (and I personally wasn't even paying - this was my dad and stepmom's wedding so they treated the immediate family) I thought the rooms were a bit tattered (frayed carpet, frayed bathrobes, etc.) and the service came with more "airs" than the other deluxe resorts I've stayed at.

The guests were an odd mix of "I've saved every penny for 20 years and this is my one and only vacation" people who were sort of like the Griswold's from Vacation, and "I can afford to stay here 365 days a year and therefore the world should bow at my feet" type people.

Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely hotel but for that price I expect pretty near danmed perfection and the GF just wasn't worth it to me. My $0.02 is take your $ and do Poly concierge instead.

Jackie

FutureBrideOfMike said:
But standard room would be all I could afford.
Is it worth it?
I've stayed in many room types at the GF and love them all. I don't think you'll be the least bit disappointed. If you go with garden, I'd suggest requesting a marina view at Sago Cay or you may even like one of the dormer style rooms. They are a bit smaller, but have a cathederal ceiling.

Also, is transportation pretty fast to Epcot?
To be honest, not exactly. The monorail can take you upwards of 30 minutes or so and the bus usually includes a few other stops. I've found that you can sometimes save time by actually going to the MK and walking past the entrance to the bus stop area. Get on the bus for the YC/BC and get off at the BC. It's a 3 or 4 minute walk from the resort to the back entrance of Epcot. The back entrance is usually much less crowded and it's just so much quicker to get into the park from this side. Coming back, we've done basically the same thing. Exit out through the Int'l Gateway. If our legs aren't too tired, we'll explore Boardwalk and then just catch a taxi back to the GF.

we have stayed in the garden view. i liked them. views are enjoyable. it looks like there aren't very many great lagoon views, so it might not be worth upgrading.

Just my 2 cents and if you are set on the GF then I say go for it, it is a very nice place. But like the pp said if it were me I would stay at the Poly for a nice romantic honeymoon. In my opinion for the money I expected the GF to be perfect in every way and it just wasn't, in fact we only stayed there for 2 nights (were supposed to be there for 14) and then moved over to the Poly which is our favorite BTW so I may be biased. Anyhow, have a great time.

Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter