GF/AKL coffee pots & ref?

Sally Bradley

Mouseketeer
Does the GF make coffeepots and refrigerators available upon request...and do they charge for them? I got both for my trip in 2000. At the time they told me coffeepots were not routinely available anymore, but they managed to hunt one down. I got the ref. for a $10/day fee. But I've read on the boards that at least some folks are not being charged for them. Anyone know? Also how about the same at AKL?

Thanks!

I too had read on the boards that you can get a refrigerator at no charge but when I called CRO to make a request for one, the CM told me there was a charge. I also requested a coffeemaker, no charge for that.

I would love for someone to clarify this if possible. I was thinking about calling GF directly to confirm whether there is a charge or not. Maybe the confusion is coming from someone who was conceirge level because I know you do get a refrigerator in those rooms. We usually stop at a grocery store and get a Styrofoam cooler for a couple bucks and keep it loaded with ice from the ice machine. This is a little more trouble, but works great for us.

:D

If you need the fridge for medical reasons, they will forgo the charge! If it's just because you want a fridge they will charge you a per day charge.

Scratch
:smooth:

It was my understanding that the GF does not charge for refrigerators in the rooms, but that the other resorts do charge, unless it's for medical reasons or on a concierge level. It was also my understanding that the GF and AKL don't give out coffeepots anymore, for whatever reason, but that the other resorts do LOL. Can anyone confirm these?

What is required for the medical reason for having the ref. fee waived? My daughter needs to have certain meds and they need to be kept cold, this is something new for us, don't usually need a fridge and since we've just had this for the past few weeks, never even thought about until reading this post.

What I was planning on doing was use my soft sided cooler and just keeping it packed with ice, but I don't know if the ice will hold up all day or not. Any thoughts?

Pammy

We were at AKL in August. I requested a coffee maker and they brought one up at no charge. We checked in early and our room wasn't ready yet. Our baby is on antibiotics that need to be refrigerated and I asked the CM at checkin if they had a place to keep them cold since we wouldn't be back at the hotel until that evening. She knew it was medicine but we were still charged 10.60 per day (including tax). I didn't know that some people got the refrigerator free if they were needed for meds. If I had known that, I would've asked, so I don't know the policy for that.

GF does not charge for fridges. CRO once again does not know what it is talking about. Also for the next month GF is doing a test and offer coffee in the lobby of each building excluding the main building of course.

We had a coffee pot at AKL in August...no problem, just called housekeeping and they brought one within a few minutes.

We have never paid for a fridge at the GF. Just call housekeeping from your in-room phone after you get to your room and they'll bring it right up. We have also received a microwave, coffee maker, high chair, bedrails, and full size crib for no charge while staying at the GF.

Originally posted by TigrLvsPooh
We have never paid for a fridge at the GF. Just call housekeeping from your in-room phone after you get to your room and they'll bring it right up. We have also received a microwave, coffee maker, high chair, bedrails, and full size crib for no charge while staying at the GF.

A FULL SIZE CRIB! Not a pack and play? How long ago was this? We stayed at CR in April and got a pack and play. They're OK but I would love to have even a jr. size crib instead. So hard to lean way over those pack and plays to lay down a sleeping 20+ pound baby without waking her up. I'm always thinking I'm going to drop her on her head. Plus the bottom is not very soft in the pack and plays.

Thanks for the other info. I will call GF again, because the CM at CRO said there would be a charge for the fridge. :)

Originally posted by Cris
GF does not charge for fridges. CRO once again does not know what it is talking about. Also for the next month GF is doing a test and offer coffee in the lobby of each building excluding the main building of course.

Cris,
This will start in October? Is it definite? We are leaving in about 2 weeks and passionate coffee drinkers. I was planning on requesting a coffeemaker and packing coffee, filters and creamer. If this is a definite, I won't have to lug these extras. If not, I certainly don't want to be without my morning caffeine.lol

We had a real crib at the GF 3 times and also at the Poly and POR. :) We had pack n play's at OKW, YC, All Star, and BCV.

Cris,

Just wondering from my previous post if you know when exactly this starts. We are leaving in less than 2 weeks.

it has started and will end Oct 31st. Unless they find it successful and decided to continue it.

Cris,
Thanks. You just made a little more room in our suitcases now that we don't have to pack the 'coffee essentials'! lol:Pinkbounc

at the other resorts for medical reasons. We took a "chicken scratched" note from our family physician (apologies to GP's:D ) It was for antibiotics and cholesterol meds...no problem, CM didn't even need the note. Fridge followed us from check in!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter