Getting to Disney from I-Drive

4stokes

Earning My Ears
Having looked at Simon's book and the Boards, it would seem that the best way to get to Disney from I-drive is to get the trolley to Seaworld and then change to the Lynx bus 50 to get to Transport Centre at Disney. Can someone confirm whether this is indeed the best method and if so, how long it will take, taking into account the change at Seaworld? Once at the TTC, we will be using Disney transport to get between parks as we have 10 Day World Passes but I need to have an idea how long to allow to actually get to Disney in the morning.

Also, if we stay in the evenings for say fireworks at MK which I believe are at 10.00 whilst we are there at end of May, will Lynx buses and I-Trolley still be runing when we get out of the parks afterwards?

Thanks again!

Caroline

Ok, as I mentioned in one of your other threads, we stayed in the Masters Inn which is directly opposite the Wyndham and this is what we did.

We didn't bother with the I-Trolley because it is slow, and also can be busy - they are only little things and can't hold many people. More than once did we see people waiting for the trolley only for it to whizz past and not stop because it was full. The Lynx buses atleast run to a schedule, and they are pretty good at it.

So, (from memory) we would catch the Lynx bus to Seaworld (can't think of the number right now, but I can find it if you'd like) we would be at the bus stop at 20 minutes to the hour for the bus that was due at about 15 minutes to the hour. When you get on ask for a Transfer Ticket from the driver. Instead of the fare being $1, it cost $1.10c and you need the exact money, but it means you can ride the bus to SW and then change for no extra charge to the Disney bus. Then we would ride to Seaworld, but when you go under the Freeway bridge and the bus turns RIGHT to SW you get off the stop there (it's at the start of the SW Carparks. Don't wait to get off at the main SW stop because that where EVERYONE gets on and you'll be hard pushed to get a seat on the Disney bus! You *should* get to this stop just about on the hour which means a 10 minute wait for the Disney Lynx. When we were there, the Disney bus only ran once an hour, so if you miss it, you're stuffed, but they've been adding and changing all sorts of schedules and last time I looked there was now 2 an hour. Check the Lynx website just before you leave for your trip to be sure of their latest time table. If all went to plan with us, we'd be at TTC by half past the hour, so the trip took 50 minutes in total.

As for the fireworks, well, if they are late, then no, the Lynx buses stopped running at around 10 I think. What we did then was catch a regular Disney bus to Downtown Disney and get a taxi home from there (there are always some waiting at a number of Ranks, especially at Pleasure Island) which would cost us about $20. The I-ride runs till midnight, so if you wanted to really keep costs down you could get the taxi to SW and pick the trolley up from there. Alternatively, if you knew you'd be staying for the fireworks you could arrange a Mears Transfer for that day - I think it's $12 for an adult return and something like $7 or 8 for a one way trip, so might be worth considering.

Penny :)

Thanks for your excellent answers to this and my other two questions Penny.

We will certainly bear in mind your comments about the I-Trolley and the point about getting a taxi back in the evening was a good one, especially as we will no doubt be tired after a long day in the parks!

It really feels as if we know our way around before we even get there!

Only 26 days to go until our first trip!!!

Thanks again to everyone who has answered my questions so far!!

Caroline

Penny gave some really good advice. We usually got the I-Ride trolley to the bus stop but sometimes we got the Link 8 bus and did a transfer. When we were there the buses were running every half hour and the last bus from TTC was about 10:20 pm. Try their website www.golynx.com
have fun
Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter