Getting his Wish, James is Going to WDW- GKTW March 16, 2010

Just stopping in to tell you good luck with your appts tomorrow! Is there a way to send James e-cards or e-mail at the hospital you guys go to? If so let us know ;) Very cool deals you found..I finally muscled up today and tried on the stuff I bought back in December ( I was halfway scared they wouldn't fit!) and they did, thank goodness!! We'll keep you guys in our thoughts :hug:

Just stopping in to tell you good luck with your appts tomorrow! Is there a way to send James e-cards or e-mail at the hospital you guys go to? If so let us know ;) Very cool deals you found..I finally muscled up today and tried on the stuff I bought back in December ( I was halfway scared they wouldn't fit!) and they did, thank goodness!! We'll keep you guys in our thoughts :hug:

OH Hurray you! I tried on a pair of last summers capri's and I look like a sausage..thank goodness nobody knows me in Florida! I did loose two pounds last week (thank you Weight Watchers!) and I'm holding out hope I can drop 4 more before the plane departs.

Ok, we got up bright and early, got the other kids off to school, and finished packing for the hospital. Then got a phone call that Elijah (10) had fallen on the ice and the school nurse was worried he had a concussion. Went and got Elijah from school, who by now had two black eyes, a huge lump on his head and was having trouble seeing out of his left eye. So yes, Elijah has a concussion. After an hour and a half drs appt, James and I were ready to go...again...Oh but mother nature had her own thoughts. We awoke to a few inches of fresh snow, but up here what's a few inches? Well I live in a mountainous region, and the last two weeks the weather has been warming up, so new snow on top of warmed up snow= yes, you guessed it, AVALANCHE! No I am not kidding, we had an avalanche in the pass and now we are patiently waiting for the DOT to clear the road so we can actually begin the drive to Anchorage.
I'm not sure we will have internet access, but I'll keep you'll posted soon as I can!

Ok, we got up bright and early, got the other kids off to school, and finished packing for the hospital. Then got a phone call that Elijah (10) had fallen on the ice and the school nurse was worried he had a concussion. Went and got Elijah from school, who by now had two black eyes, a huge lump on his head and was having trouble seeing out of his left eye. So yes, Elijah has a concussion. After an hour and a half drs appt, James and I were ready to go...again...Oh but mother nature had her own thoughts. We awoke to a few inches of fresh snow, but up here what's a few inches? Well I live in a mountainous region, and the last two weeks the weather has been warming up, so new snow on top of warmed up snow= yes, you guessed it, AVALANCHE! No I am not kidding, we had an avalanche in the pass and now we are patiently waiting for the DOT to clear the road so we can actually begin the drive to Anchorage.
I'm not sure we will have internet access, but I'll keep you'll posted soon as I can!

Oh,Amber, I am so sorry - Murphy's Law, huh? I hope Elijah is okay. Here are good thoughts for your travels!:hug:

:scared1: What a morning you've had! Im so sorry Elijah has the concussion, was he able to come home? I know years ago my cousin fell and got a concusion and had to stay overnight just to be watched. Hope they clear the road soon so you can get on your way. Good luck with everything. :hug:

An avalanche??? Geez, and I was panicked driving along in what you would probably call a piddly amount of snow this morning.... Sure puts things in perspective (I'm a big fan of perspective).

Hope Elijah is doing better.

Oh geez..when it rains it pours..or when it snows it... Couldn't resist..hope it at least made you grin! So sorry to hear about Elijah, I hope he's feeling better and that you guys are able to get out soon!!! :hug:

Hi amber wanted to say I just found your PTR and wanted to tell you and james that my son was twelve are first trip to disney and he enjoyed eating at the castle with all the pretty princesses they give all the boys swords and stars and the girls get wands so they can make a wish and they do it all together the next year he was thirteen and we did that again he enjoyed all the attention that the princesses gave him he had really long hair then (to hide his hearing aids)and all the princesses knew he was a boy but the waitress didnt know and kept calling him a girl but the princesses made it up to him telling what a handsome prince he was :woohoo:any who I must be the meanest mom on the planet because my daughter was 7 and she walked and so did my great nephew who was 6 and they arent either one in shape:rotfl:and we walked are butts off:rotfl2:but it was christmas:scared1:and it was so busy well I just wanted to share

Hi Amber,
Was thinking of you today as I knew you were heading off, but sounds like you hit some road blocks! (hardy, har, I know --- but REALLY no pun intended!!) I sure hope Elijah is okay, and you guys get on your way soon.

Thinking of you,

Amber I am thinking of James tonight. I hope you all made it safely to Anchorage and that Elijah is doing well. I hope James surgery went well and he is doing good. Ty has a gtube in as well. I am wondering if James will have a long "peg" tube or the gtube button. I will be happy to pass along any tips that can help you and James adjust. Sending big hugs to you all!!

Okay, we're home...pain from the g-tube was a little more than we anticipated, I'm really hoping two weeks is enough time for him to be healed. I just got in and read all the posts, I'll respond a little more personal later. Thanks everyone for the well wishes :goodvibes

So glad you're home and everything went well! :hug: Sorry about the pain though, tell James we're thinking about him please!

:scared1: Im so sorry Elijah has the concussion, was he able to come home? I know years ago my cousin fell and got a concusion and had to stay overnight just to be watched. They let him come home, told us to watch him and give him ibuprophen...the next morning he was MUCH better, and by today his some old goofy self :)

Oh geez. An avalanche??? Perfect timing. I hope Elijah is feeling better. Thanks! Elijah is much better now! But then my poor hubby was the one who got the job of nursing him, while I was with James, I think I got the short end? ;)

An avalanche??? Geez, and I was panicked driving along in what you would probably call a piddly amount of snow this morning.... Sure puts things in perspective (I'm a big fan of perspective).
I LOVE perspective! You know how when you're in the hospital with YOUR sick kid, then you look over at another child, with a different situtation and you go, "Oh that poor family!" And you knoe the mom is looking at you thinking the same thing! That's my usual reminder of perspective.

Oh geez..when it rains it pours..or when it snows it... Couldn't resist..hope it at least made you grin! So sorry to hear about Elijah, I hope he's feeling better and that you guys are able to get out soon!!! :hug: Ok, you are funny, yes it made me laugh. And btw, it still is pouring... snow that is!

Hi amber wanted to say I just found your PTR and wanted to tell you and james that my son was twelve are first trip to disney and he enjoyed eating at the castle with all the pretty princesses they give all the boys swords and stars and the girls get wands so they can make a wish and they do it all together
OOOOO James loves him some girl attention! maybe the castle isn't so off the list?
I must be the meanest mom on the planet because my daughter was 7 and she walked and so did my great nephew who was 6....
Mine do a fair amount of walking, and they're all pretty sporty, but I know my 5 year old and she'll be hitching a ride in her brothers wheel chair is she walks more than a mile! :goodvibes

Hi Amber,
Was thinking of you today as I knew you were heading off, but sounds like you hit some road blocks! (hardy, har, I know --- but REALLY no pun intended!!) I sure hope Elijah is okay, and you guys get on your way soon.
I'm starting to think you all are very funny people! By the time I got to the road block it was all clear, I was going to take some pictures for you guys:rolleyes: but I'm glad it was, b/c we sailed through the pass.

Subbing! I hope that you made it to Anchorage safely...Made it there, and back, though back was actually a little worse, no avalanche this time, but white out conditions along the arm (big inlet of water, no guard rails, gotta love Alaska) but after about 60 miles the road opened up, and though we still had to take it slow, I wasn't white knuckling it anymore

TO YOU ALL: Thank you with all my heart for caring about my klutzy Elijah, and my sweetheart James. This is a very very cool group of people, and it makes me almost (almost) wish our trip was still a few months out so I had more time to get to know you all :grouphug:

Haven't you figured out yet that the woman always gets the short end? :lmao: Made it so much easier to leave the ex when I was doing everything anyw..ermm..nevermind...LOL. Woohoo..you're at two weeks exactly..how cool is that??

Amber I am thinking of James tonight. I hope you all made it safely to Anchorage and that Elijah is doing well. I hope James surgery went well and he is doing good. Ty has a gtube in as well. I am wondering if James will have a long "peg" tube or the gtube button. I will be happy to pass along any tips that can help you and James adjust. Sending big hugs to you all!!

Well James has a long tube, and DR said in about 2-3 months we will go back and have the Mic Key put in. How long was Ty in pretty bad pain after his tube was put in? James is still on narcotics every four hours. Do you think he'll be well enough for the trip in two weeks?
I may have questions for you, I'm pretty lost here.

Haven't you figured out yet that the woman always gets the short end? :lmao: Made it so much easier to leave the ex when I was doing everything anyw..ermm..nevermind...LOL. Woohoo..you're at two weeks exactly..how cool is that??

Yeah pretty cool, 2 weeks...but it feels like forever still! I know DH and I had to learn all new coping skills when James got sick, and there are times I want to bash him upside the head. I'm sure he feels the same way. While James and I were at the hospital a mom got flowers from her hubby, while she was there with thier son. I got pissy with my DH b/c he should have thought of that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter