Getting from GFL to WL?

koquinn

DIS Veteran
We're staying at GFL, going to dinner at Artist Point at WL. Do we take 2 friendships, or is there a direct one? I can't remember. Any idea how long to plan on? It should be a quiet time, a random Tues in Feb (26th). Thanks!

We're staying at GFL, going to dinner at Artist Point at WL. Do we take 2 friendships, or is there a direct one? I can't remember. Any idea how long to plan on? It should be a quiet time, a random Tues in Feb (26th). Thanks!

Unfortunately, there is no direct service from GF to WL. You would need to get to the Magic Kindgom, either by boat or monorail, then take either a boat or bus from there to WL. Disney usually recommends that you plan on an hour if using Disney transportation. Or.... if you will have a car you could drive over in far less time.

Unfortunately, there is no direct service from GF to WL. You would need to get to the Magic Kindgom, either by boat or monorail, then take either a boat or bus from there to WL. Disney usually recommends that you plan on an hour if using Disney transportation. Or.... if you will have a car you could drive over in far less time.

Assuming that it's not busy at all though, and we do 2 boats, how long should we plan? I assume the boat is faster than the bus?

I would allow 45 minutes. You will need to take two forms of transportation. We were late to our ADR at the Poly because it took almost an hour. We just had bad luck on waiting for transportation that day.

Ah, this is why I find it so much easier to go to DLR!! All I have to depend on is my own two feet. :)

Or get the monorail to the Contempory and from their dock get the launch to WL.

While my previous post stating 45 minutes is accurate via WDW transportation, I would follow the other suggestion of taking a cab. A small price to pay for the time savings.

When we travel to WDW, we do not rent a car. I am pretty happy and content to use WDW transportation to/from the parks. However, I find the WDW transportation between resorts to be hit or miss. Sometimes good, sometimes very slow.

Specific to the MK resorts, I would really like to see a walking path from the GF all the way to WL. It is only about 1.5-2.0 miles. It would be great for runners, walkers, etc. While I may not choose to walk all the way to GF from WL, It would be less than a mile to the TTC from the WL. I would be willing to walk 10-15 minutes to catch the monorail from the WL.

I agree take a cab. We took one from the GF to the WL and it was quick and cheap. To go from the WL to GF we took the AK bus. It stopped at the GF 1st which we verified with the driver before getting on.

I agree take a cab. We took one from the GF to the WL and it was quick and cheap. To go from the WL to GF we took the AK bus. It stopped at the GF 1st which we verified with the driver before getting on.

How much is a cab? Any tips on getting one?

Does the bus thing work if AK is already closed? I imagine it'll be after 8 when we're done with dinner as our ressie is at 6.

Is the boat to & from Contemporary faster than the one to & from MK?

Thanks all!

I would take the monoral to MK & then the boat to WL. We did this on our last trip without any problems. I am too cheap to pay for a cab and enjoy the monorail / boat though :)

I can't imagine the cab being more than $10 each way.

Our challenge with doing the boat to Contemporary and then the monorail to GF was schedule. We were trying to make it for an early ADR and the boats/buses had not started running.

I enjoy the leisurely boat ride but if you have an ADR before or after the WDW transportation begins/ends, you may find yourself in a bind.

I can't imagine the cab being more than $10 each way.

Our challenge with doing the boat to Contemporary and then the monorail to GF was schedule. We were trying to make it for an early ADR and the boats/buses had not started running.

I enjoy the leisurely boat ride but if you have an ADR before or after the WDW transportation begins/ends, you may find yourself in a bind.

You must mean a breakfast, right? I everything would be running by dinner right?

elaw said:
Last time we took the cab from GF to WL, I think it was about $7 .... As I recall we just gave the driver a $10 bill

This was our experience as well. Cabs are very easy to get. Just walk outside to the valet station and they will get you one. We took several during our trip and there was always one at the hotel waiting for us to hop in!

Oh you also asked if the boat from the CR to the WL was faster than MK to WL. Our experience was the actual boat ride was quicker. The distance is shorter and you don't have to wait for any cross traffic from the ferries like you might with the MK to WL route. On the flip side though we did have to wait awhile for the boat at the CR. if you aren't pressed for time I think it is a nice route to travel and fun to see the CR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter