Getting a hat back blown off during a ride?

My phone fell under 7DMT while boarding. Allllllll the way down under the station. Amazingly I got it back the next evening, thought it was a goner for sure when it wasn’t found that night and hadn’t moved in the morning, but during dinner we saw it moved up to city hall on find my iPhone! It lived to tell the tale too, just a cracked screen.

For a hat I would consider it gone though.

We lost our camera in epcot. Never did get it back. The thing is we didn't care about the camera. We just asked them to send us the pictures from an anonymous account - it had our wedding photo's and we didn't have the chance to transfer them yet. But never got those either.

• Sad
Reactions: rlk
I have shorts i call my “roller coaster” shorts. They have zippers on the pockets, but they are kinda internal to the pocket so they don’t stand out. I can stick sunglasses in a pocket, too.

I am paranoid about losing wallet or keys. And with a bald head, I gotta have a cap! I usually sit on it or hold it on rides to be safe.

By the time they find your stuff, if they find it, it may be too weather-worn or damaged to salvage. Hope you have good luck, though.

I left my favorite Disney hat in the pouch under the seat on Soarin' once. Went to the desk at the ride, nothing in the lost and found box there, so they sent me to the exit of the theater and said just go in and check the seat when the theater lets out. It was still there!

My son's cell phone fell out of his pocket on RnRC in 2012. Never got it back; we did call Lost & Found periodically for awhile but eventually gave up.

I had a camera fall out of a pocket on that once and by some miracle I put my hand down in the seat next to me (must not have been busy as no one came to join me) and grabbed it. Held onto it rather than the handles the rest of the ride and was terrified. I realized if I had lost it it would have been my fault though.

Hat flew off my head on Splash Mountain. Disney found it and mailed it to me, but there were greasy track marks on it.

You’d rather not have it back? Or were they supposed to clean it?

They don’t say to remove/hold onto hats, glasses, and loose items for no reason.

Splash Mountain seems to be a theme. As an east coast, WDW vet, I lost my prized Disneyland hat from my one and only trip on our next WDW trip. At least I have the ride photo!

Sadly, we haven’t fared too well with Disney’s lost and found. We have done much better with Carowinds.

My husband’s hat blew off on the spinning mouse ride (name?) in AK. We were told to wait for closing (only 6pm) and someone would get it for us. We did and they did.

On a slightly more encouraging note . . .

A couple years ago I lost a pair of cheap sunglasses on Space Mountain. The next day I went to lost and found (at TTC) and after giving a VERY detailed description of my glasses and where I lost them the CM brought out a huge tray of sunglasses that had been lost the same day I lost mine. I thought she said they all came from Space Mountain, but there were so many, in retrospect I doubt that's the case. She said someone walks the tracks every night. I found my sunglasses. I'm still wearing them! It occurred to me afterwards that I bet they want the detailed description so you don't go in looking to upgrade to Ray Bans 8-)

My SOs hat flew off during RnRC. During the ride he yelled to me “my hat is gone!” As we pulled up to get out the guy behind us yells out “who lost their hat. I caught it!” Everyone clapped and cheered lol.

I left my new daisy ears in 7DMT. I realized halfway to our next ride. I ran back and someone had turned it in. I was very happy!

I lost my mickey ears on Mr Toads in Disneyland once. The CM told me to come back after Fireworks as they would get them when the ride was closed. When I came back my ears got a special ride through the attraction to get to me. the CM sits on one side of the vehicle and I was on the other. Now i take my ears off for ALL rides and it's also why I carry a bag. I make sure my bag is big enough to hold my ears while on rides.

When you get your hat back can you see if you can find my prescription (progressive) glasses. My DH and I were behaving badly on BTMRR and my glasses got knocked off may they RIP.

I had a camera fall out of a pocket on that once and by some miracle I put my hand down in the seat next to me (must not have been busy as no one came to join me) and grabbed it. Held onto it rather than the handles the rest of the ride and was terrified. I realized if I had lost it it would have been my fault though.

You’d rather not have it back? Or were they supposed to clean it?

Just reporting my experience.

Sorry he hasn’t received them back. Did you fill out the online form as well?
Btw, I’m waiting for my daughters expensive prescription sunglasses to be lost this trip too.

Get a sharpie or engraving pen and put your cellphone # on the ear piece.

My son's cell phone fell out of his pocket on RnRC in 2012. Never got it back; we did call Lost & Found periodically for awhile but eventually gave up.

Wonder if it fell out on a loop and landed on someone else? (Someone not kind enough to turn it in)

We lost two hats on our last trip in June and both were returned to us. One was left in the pocket on EE. My husband went back right away but it must have been turned in to a CM. We filled out the form on the app and two days later we were notified that it was found. We could have picked it up in Disney Springs but it was easier to just wait and have it mailed home. Then my son lost his hat on Figment (it was blown off at the end.) Again we asked a CM but were told they couldn't look for it until the ride closed. We filled out the form on the app and it was found a few days later. And again we asked to have it mailed home. We received both a few days after our trip.

If you go right back, after unloading, aren't you going to be seeing the next set of ride vehicles, not the one you were on? The one you were on would have already left the unloading area.

We lost our camera in epcot. Never did get it back. The thing is we didn't care about the camera. We just asked them to send us the pictures from an anonymous account - it had our wedding photo's and we didn't have the chance to transfer them yet. But never got those either.

Asked who? If they got your camera at Lost and Found, they'd let you know. If someone else found it and kept it after you lost it, how would they know you just wanted the photos?

The poster simply made a factual statement. They didn't imply anything.

Using "but" as a conjunction indicates a negative second part of the sentence.

Get a sharpie or engraving pen and put your cellphone # on the ear piece.

Wonder if it fell out on a loop and landed on someone else? (Someone not kind enough to turn it in)

If you go right back, after unloading, aren't you going to be seeing the next set of ride vehicles, not the one you were on? The one you were on would have already left the unloading area.

Asked who? If they got your camera at Lost and Found, they'd let you know. If someone else found it and kept it after you lost it, how would they know you just wanted the photos?

Using "but" as a conjunction indicates a negative second part of the sentence.
They stated it had marks on it. So, what if that is not a positive statement. They didn't say they expected anything done about it or they didn't want it back. They made a statement that is an assessment of the situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter