Gettin Ready....

ruthies12

DIS Veteran
For our trip in October (223 days!!!!!!). We plan to do the Pirate's League for the whole family to get our faces painted and are going to the Halloween Party afterwards. DH has a prosthetic limb IRL so what could be more appropriate than him going as a peg leg pirate? And we found the perfect pair of socks with which to do that!

Here is the top we plan to put with that, though I haven't bought it yet. We also got a small Donald Duck rubber ducky to put on his shoulder as his parrot.

And because he is the bestest DH in the world, for Valentine's day he got me a small washing machine that fits in the closet of the camper! There's water available right next to this closet and he's going to run the hoses for it, he's pretty handy. I'm soooo excited!

And last but not least, on our last trip we were celebrating 2 birthdays and I'd ordered cakes from the Contemporary that were AWESOME. I've been drooling over the cake chatter thread and I think I'm going to order some Halloween cake even though we don't really have anything to celebrate. I think being at the Fort is cause enough to celebrate though right?

these are some pics of cakes I stole from the chatter thread cause they look amazing, I saved the pics so I could email them to the cake people to tell them what I want. Is it October yet???

My trip dates are October 5th to the 15th, who else is going in October?

Sure hope Rusty is all better and able to come visit, may have to bring him some bourbon from my home state of Kentucky to help him along.....

And because he is the bestest DH in the world, for Valentine's day he got me a small washing machine that fits in the closet of the camper! There's water available right next to this closet and he's going to run the hoses for it, he's pretty handy. I'm soooo excited!

Ruthies12, a very sweet husband for sure. I would be interested in knowing what kind of washing machine he purchased. I am very interested in one of those. Barb

Ruthies12, a very sweet husband for sure. I would be interested in knowing what kind of washing machine he purchased. I am very interested in one of those. Barb

https://www.amazon.com/Haier-HLP21N...7952536&sr=8-1&keywords=haier+portable+washer

Here is a link to the model he bought. He did not purchase from amazon, he found ours at a shop that had it brand new but scratch and dent floor model and he got it for only $30!! I was very impressed with his shopping skills lol

And here is a link to the dryer I just bought from Walmart. Haven't gotten it yet but I'll let you know how I like the whole system once we get it hooked up and I get a chance to use it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Magic-Chef-1.5-cu-ft-Compact-Dryer-White/55050214

Forgot to add that 3 yo dd picked out a costume for our dog. I'm not sure Daisy was too impressed with it, but I do know she'll be happy to be going with us to the Fort instead of left at home this time.

This beautiful baby girl is turning 10 in just a few weeks and we just can't face leaving her behind anymore.

ruthies, those are some good looking cakes. Good luck with your planning! Bama Ed

[QUOTE="ruthies12, post: 57173147, member: 410903, he found ours at a shop that had it brand new but scratch and dent floor model and he got it for only $30!! I was very impressed with his shopping skills lol[/QUOTE]
He is a keeper!

That is awesome! I was telling my hubby about getting one of the foot operated machines for our camping trips for the Pup.
LOVE the pirate ideas-it's perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter