Get Ready to Get FIT FOR DISNEY!!

Sky
I have been working out both aerobic and strength and have done pretty good
I have lost some weight but I have gotten to 210 and cannot get past that point. I have been maintaing this weight for over a year and no matter what I do I can't get lower. What do you think I should do.

Dan a.k.a. Dan-tot

Hope everyone is doing well

Dan a.k.a Dan-tot Thank you for the great question! PLATEAU-what to do

The question is "I do cardio 4 times a week and lift weights 3 times a week but it seems that I have hit a plateau"
First of all, you can only do so much exercise! Whether you like it or not, 80% of the game of dieting and exercise is WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH!! When it comes to weight loss, the most important point to remember is that you need to make sure that 75% of the food that you eat should be raw (fruits & salad, vegggie snacks) or very minimally cooked vegetables and protein. When you eat a diet high in cooked or processed foods you have to except the facts that these actions will create a significant increase in stored bodyfat. Raw foods contain enzymes, neither vitamins, minerals or hormones can do any work--without enzymes. Enzymes are substances which make life possible. They are needed for every chemical reaction that occurs in the body. Most americans eat a diet of mainly cooked foods.
Understand that any time you cook foods at temperatures over 180 degrees, the enzymes
in it are 100% destroyed. Consuming a diet that is primarly cooked or processed is one of the paramount causes of excess weight gain, premature aging and degenerative diseases. The two most important tips that I can give you to losing excess bodyfat and getting into the best shape of your life is to make sure 75% percent of your diet comes from fruits and vegetables, avoid any and all processed foods (packaged foods) Make sure most of your foods are raw fruits and vegetables, organic meats, whole grains. If anyone would like me to elaborate on the importance of enzymes and nutrition, speak up! If what you would like is a dietary outline SPEAK UP! let's attack this weight again / health problem together. Show me your commitment to health and weight loss and I will show you my commitment to you!
Bless you all....I look forward to hearing from you! Love and Laughter...SKY

hello Sky....I have enjoyed reading this thread periodically.

My issue is past anorexia. I blew my metabolism on starving myself and abusing laxatives. It is very difficult to lose weight now. I have been a gym rat, and that didnt work. I watch what I eat without going overboard and I walk everyday. There is also the emotional issue...I am afraid that by losing weight I will fall into the same patterns. I could lose 25-35 pounds so I am fairly overweight and want to do something. Any suggestions? thanks.

Dear AMID CHAOS
God bless you! Eating disorders are a very serious matter.

First of all, You have not blown your metabolism. But, I do hope you see your doctor and have your thyroid checked. For right now, let's look at the emotional aspect

You are in charge of your mind and your body. And you want to live healthyfully. Remember, every action is preceded by a thought. Your addictions end when you change your thoughts.

This is the simplest of exercise and a concrete way to become more familiar with and grounded in your strenghts, your goodness, and the side of you that you wish to reinforce. Keep a small spiral notebook with you, and whenever you think about a quality in yourself that you admire or approve of, write it down.

What do you like about yourself? Do you have great handwriting, keep your desk organized, sew well? Do you tuck your kids in at night, help others who are in need? Do you continously try to read to expand your mind, call your parents every week? Do you support others to reach their health goals? Remind yourself of the big things and the little things.

Some of us are so busy thinking about what's wrong with us that we never even begin to notice our good qualities. What makes you feel better? Actively listing all that is right about you will help you change your mental program and picture about yourself! Feeding your heart and mind will make it much easier to take good care of your healthy body!

I am a firm believer that as long as a person sees themselves as over weight they will be. Focus on how healthy you are and how healthy you are becoming.

I would love to speak to you more ...I would like to know more about how you are eating now, how is your mind set, how much are you working out? Please check back in with me

Take care Love Sky

Sky,

Last year I lost around 65 lbs. A couple of us from my family went in together and actually put some money on it. I know its an odd way to do it, but I got with in 2 lbs of my higher end goal. Yeah!
Well, Since the final weigh in (last Dec) I have gained about 7 lbs.
I have been trying to "get back on track" since March, maybe even get to my mid or lower end goal (all the goals are within 15 lbs of each other).
Getting back into my calorie counting, writing down everything I eat and exercising 5 times a week. But, I just seem to bouncing around within that 7 lb range.

I am so happy I lost the weight but I still feel very flabby :(
I am thrilled to have gone from a size 18 to a 10...but getting into a swim suit is still not good.

And I realize that I don't have the extra 65 lbs to carry around causing me to burn a few more calories in each work out. My workout habits are walking (treadmill) and riding a recumbant bike. A little work with light weights, but I have a harder time sticking with that. We have this equipment at home which helps me make the time.

Have I just hit a Plateau or do I need to approach the whole thing differently?
Thanks,

I'm really looking forward to some motivation and advice in this area coming from the DIS!! WOW! Can things get any better??
My problem is - here is comes - I'm not getting any younger!
I still think of myself as 22.. but um, actually since I was born in 1953 I guess I'm getting a little off the reality bus with that....
I was always "too thin" as a child and teen. But that all changed when I had my 3 kids (the youngest was born 10 years ago and I still haven't lost my "baby fat"!)
HELP!
I know a high protein diet and lots of exercise is what works for me - my problem is KEEPING UP WITH THAT and not losing steam and backsliding.
But if Pete can do it I can do it! That's what I'm telling myself now!
(Hey Pete, we want to see before and after pics to help our motivation here...)

I'll be looking forward to this area of the DIS!!
Thanks!

Hi all. Well I lost 35 lbs last year. I gained 25 lbs back. I really want to loose 10lbs I know I would feel and look better. My problem is that when I lost the wt. I was to the point where I looked sick. It became an obsession. In my mind I fight the right and wrong (healthy and a little over weight, or Allie McBeal ). I can't seam to find a happy medium. Any suggestions?

Hello Sky. My question is about weight lifting.

Most of my weight is carried into my hips, butt, and inner thighs ( and it's creeping out to my outer thighs ). I have read how some exercises are not good for these problem areas. Like stair climbing, or the ski machine. My husband has suggested that I start weight lifting. I'm afraid of looking like a body builder. Do you have any advice on starting a weight lifting program, for my problem areas-----that will also NOT make me look like a body builder??

Thanks for your time!!

I am doing ok weight loos wise, but I had a large middle, and want to know what I can do to help get rid of the left overs. I walk about 2 miles a day 5 days a week. I no longer take the elevator at work, and try to not sit at my desk as often as before. Any suggestings on trimming the waist and hip sections. I truely do not have lots of extra time, and I hate sit ups...PLEASE help!!!!

HI sky,
well, I am still struggling with the motivation. I was fairly excited last week Thursday, and as I was walking I thought to myself very excitedly "I am really going to do this!" and then IMMEDIATELY I thought to myself, "But I am so scared". It stopped me in my tracks! I have a Disney trip next year to plan as a reward to loose weight, the incentive is there. Now, why in the world would I be scared to loose weight? I have talked to my friends, mentioned it on the CB, but I would like to hear from a professional.

Hi again,
I just read one of your posts, and it mentioned to speak up if I want a dietary guide, well, I am speaking up, and PLEASE help me to help myself. Yes, I would love a dietary guideline. Thanks for all that you do for us!

My hubby & I are going to Disney Sept.28-Oct.7, 2002 and I would like to loose weight. Realistically, how much could I loose from now until then? I'm trying to loose the weight in a healthy, responsible way.....thanks for the suggestions.

I found that I cannot truly keep up with both a diet and exercise - so this year I decided to get some sort of exercise ruitine started. I looked at my treadmill/coat rack and made a point to 1) take the clothes off it more often and 2) walk at least 100 miles before I get to WDW for the 100th - I've been trying to do a mile a day with some exceptions (like tonight). It was part of my new year's resolution to not go back to WDW looking like I did the last couple of years since having my son. The baby weight needs to finally come off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!