Genie Plus - Experiences and Reviews

Yes, moving an LL window to later is frequently called (or at least the most important component of) stacking. You can modify until the LL expires/disappears.

From 8 - 9:30 or so, I’d focus on fishing for MEPs over modifying/stacking. At DL, book Indy as soon as you scan in. Watch at rope drop to see if it’s closed. If not, is there another attraction closed? If so, modify to it. If everything is open, keep Indy and then you can look to modify to later (toward the end of your window). At this point, you are still hoping Indy will go down. But, if you are fishing, chances are you will end up rebooking a different attraction anyway.
Thank you! That was extremely helpful!

If you modify a time

So lets say I get one for 10 AM but move it to 11 AM, what does this do to the 2 hour timer? Like will the next time I be able to get a LL Now at 11 AM? Or still after 10 AM because that was when it was suppose to exspire? thank you

If you modify a time

So lets say I get one for 10 AM but move it to 11 AM, what does this do to the 2 hour timer? Like will the next time I be able to get a LL Now at 11 AM? Or still after 10 AM because that was when it was suppose to exspire? thank you
You can book another LL after you: (1) use the LL; or (2) 2 hours after you booked the initial LL. Modifying does not change the 2 hour timer.

So for anyone looking for tips, I just went for 4 days (last Thursday-Sunday)

The rides where Genie Plus is normally over 2 hours before you can ride the ride are Indy, Space Mountain and GOTG

Most other rides at least when we went where normally within 30-60 mins before you can ride on for most the day. So just make sure to get SM or Indy done in the morning and you should be pretty set with basically being able to hit a new ride within an hour all day.

The rides where Genie Plus is normally over 2 hours before you can ride the ride are Indy, Space Mountain and GOTG

Most other rides at least when we went where normally within 30-60 mins before you can ride on for most the day. So just make sure to get SM or Indy done in the morning and you should be pretty set with basically being able to hit a new ride within an hour all day.
the best most amazing website i've seen is thrilldata. Thank goodness for data scientists!

Hi, can you kindly explain what you mean by "over 2 hours before you can ride the rides..." Thank you. :)

Questions (dumb, for sure, newbie here, be gentle :) )
1. What the heck is " fishing for MEPs "? I do have genie+ purchased for each single day park, no hop - just doing 2 days (wed, thu)
2. I really don't want to be flustered with panic reading to find out what I should do on the day I get there, we are going to be satisfied with doing main attractions, just once, we have Genie+, do I really need to strategize to the likes of a rocket scientist to just walk in the park and start walking and hitting the rides? I figure we just do normal line for Millennium Falcon or SW:RotR and while in those lines just queue up LL for something and work our way around the park. We are not doing any little kid rides (3 adults). Hitting the big attractions once and we have all day. Anymore more is OK meaning if we have time to do something twice, we will. We also have no dining plans, just quick bites here and there. So, is this strategy going to kill us or will we be fine.

Last edited:
1. What the heck is " fishing for MEPs "? I do have genie+ purchased for each single day park, no hop - just doing 2 days (wed, thu)
2. I really don't want to be flustered with panic reading to find out what I should do on the day I get there, we are going to be satisfied with doing main attractions, just once, we have Genie+, do I really need to strategize to the likes of a rocket scientist to just walk in the park and start walking and hitting the rides? I figure we just do normal line for Millennium Falcon or SW:RotR and while in those lines just queue up LL for something and work our way around the park. We are not doing any little kid rides (3 adults). Hitting the big attractions once and we have all day. Anymore more is OK meaning if we have time to do something twice, we will. We also have no dining plans, just quick bites here and there. So, is this strategy going to kill us or will we be fine.
Some people really get into the strategy of doing a ton to "maximize" their pass, but if you're happy with what you get out of it, great.

You mentioned doing rides twice, just keep in mind that you can only Genie+ one of those two times.

As far as "fishing for MEPs", those are the Multi-Experience Passes that you get when a ride you choose isn't operating close to the time you have a pass for it. What some folks do is choose a pass for a ride that often has issues, in the hopes of getting the Multi-Experience Pass instead, and then using that pass to go on some other ride that's harder to get the Genie+ passes for in a timely fashion instead.

Hi, can you kindly explain what you mean by "over 2 hours before you can ride the rides..." Thank you. :)
So you can get a new LL as soon as you use an old one or 2 hours after you booked your last LL

If Indy or any other ride is over 2 hours from when you book it you have to 2 hours before you can book another LL

So my advice is when you get to the park get a LL for GOTG or Indy because 9/10 times you have to wait 2 hours almost no matter what to get a LL for one of those attractions.

Then the rest of the day you will basically be able to book a LL use it within an hour and be walking on rides most the afternoon or night.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-to-fish-for-lightning-lane-experience-passes.3869584/
Thread above is old but going through it, most of it is right.
I would create an updated version, but the above thread was locked for some reason.

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with Genie+ and parent swap on rides? My husband and I are taking our 1 year old in October and while we were already planning on using parent swap, we wondered if Genie+ would speed along our swap, or if it's even possible to do both.

Yes, genie+ will allow the first parent to wait in the LL line instead of the standby line. The second parent will wait in the LL line either way.
I believe both people have to have a booked a LL and have the same return time

Sorry if this has been asked, too many pages to go through… I haven’t been since modifying was an option. What is the difference between modifying vs cancelling? In the past I could cancel and rebook for a later time if needed. Is modifying a better option now? Can someone tell me the best way to use this to help stack for the evening? TIA

P.S. I still miss MP 😢

You don’t need to tell the CM that is managing rider swap that Genie+ is involved. Just get the rider swap loaded and then have parent 1 use the LL normally instead of the standby entrance.

Last September we went to DLR and used Genie+ for both parks and paid for a few ILL as well. It worked great :love:(family of six: 2 grandparents, 2 parents, 2 children ages 5 and 2). This November there will be four traveling (2 grandparents, 2 grandchildren both aged 10) and plan to use Genie+ again. I am the default "expert" (which underscores just how inexperienced we are:rolleyes2) and have resumed watching videos/reading blogs. Last year I was able to stack using 120 minute rule and fish for ME pretty well. The ability to modify return times is new so I am researching that. Are there any other updates or changes from last September to which I should attend?

Sorry if this has been asked, too many pages to go through… I haven’t been since modifying was an option. What is the difference between modifying vs cancelling? In the past I could cancel and rebook for a later time if needed. Is modifying a better option now? Can someone tell me the best way to use this to help stack for the evening? TIA

P.S. I still miss MP 😢
If you cancel and book something else, it resets your 2 hour clock to the time that you cancel. If you modify, it keeps the 2 hour clock running from when you booked the LL that you are modifying. So NEVER cancel if you can modify. The issue I am having (and maybe I am just missing something) is that it will only let me modify to a LL in the same park as the LL that I am trying to modify from. So you can’t have a LL for a DCA ride and modify it to a DL ride (even though we have PHs); at least as far as I can tell. This does limit you somewhat, so I try to stack so that I have a LL at each park at the same time if I can, so that if I want to modify, I can do that in either park. If someone knows how to modify across parks, please let me know!

So if I have a PH (unlike Max Pass...) I can have LL reserved in *both* parks at the similar times? or does the 2 hr reservation rule apply to both parks (like the old Max Pass)

So if I have a PH (unlike Max Pass...) I can have LL reserved in *both* parks at the similar times? or does the 2 hr reservation rule apply to both parks (like the old Max Pass)
Applies to both parks. Your 2 hour limit still applies regardless of which park you are booking for.

The 2 hour rule applies for each Genie+ reservation (assuming the return time is > 2 hours from the time you made the reservation) but you can theoretically have 2 Genie+ reservations (1 in each park) if you stack reservations (ex Space Mtn in DL @ 5 pm which would be reserved at say 12:30 pm and Soarin at DCA which was reserved at 4:30 pm for a 5 pm return). Keep in mind that if you are park hopping, you cannot make a Genie+ reservation in the second park for a return time earlier than 11:00 am which is when park hopping is allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter