Generally Admitted to Hospital?

bsmcneil

DIS Veteran
Has anyone experienced just being admitted to a hospital for a week or so to try to figure out what is going on? My current provider (sadly leaving) has suggested it (and I thought of it before she mentioned it). Is it possible? Helpful (or likely to find help)? I'm just so completely out of sorts with no real path forward.

Has anyone experienced just being admitted to a hospital for a week or so to try to figure out what is going on? My current provider (sadly leaving) has suggested it (and I thought of it before she mentioned it). Is it possible? Helpful (or likely to find help)? I'm just so completely out of sorts with no real path forward.
I am sorry you aren’t feeling well. I personally haven’t but my mom was. I think it depends on what kinds of tests need to be run, and how the patient needs to be monitored during and after the tests. If they can run tests without hospitalization, they probably would do that first, but if you have already done that (since your doctor is recommending this, I assume you have) then it is one way to find out what is going on. Sending you positive thoughts for a quick diagnosis and recovery.

No I haven’t, but why not. It may help give you the answers you need. You have nothing to lose, and possibly something to gain ?

If you are talking about a psychiatric hospital, then yes - usually in conjunction with a psychiatrist, on their recommendation. But a lot depends, I think, on what’s actually going on. (And that’s between you and your doctor.)

If you’re talking about a regular hospital, for a medical or surgical issue, that might be harder without something you can actually put your finger on, like medical symptoms, or a broken bone, etc. ERs are overly full with patients waiting for beds, so unless there’s a very good reason, they don’t just admit people to the hospital.

Good luck with whatever you’re facing. :hug: Feel free to PM me if I can help you.

If you are talking about a psychiatric hospital, then yes - usually in conjunction with a psychiatrist, on their recommendation. But a lot depends, I think, on what’s actually going on. (And that’s between you and your doctor.)

If you’re talking about a regular hospital, for a medical or surgical issue, that might be harder without something you can actually put your finger on, like medical symptoms, or a broken bone, etc. ERs are overly full with patients waiting for beds, so unless there’s a very good reason, they don’t just admit people to the hospital.

Good luck with whatever you’re facing. :hug: Feel free to PM me if I can help you.
I meant physical, but I appreciate the help.

If it is physical I would make sure your insurance will cover this. Mine would not cover a week hospital stay for testing. I would not want you to come out of the hospital stay with a lot of medical debt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter