General Universal Questions

Sorry. I think my mind is a jumbled mix of questions, which is probably why it came out that way!

We are onsite so will have access to early entry. I just want to make sure I'm reading the calendar right and both parks have early entry the same day in late June?

When you say to eat at off times, are you talking about lunch at 10:30? I still don't feel like I have a good plan for that. Sounds like maybe I need some snacks in my bag.

We're only doing single park tickets. So if we miss Hagrids the first day, we'll be at the other park the next day anyway. I just need to decide which day to do which park.

I didn't realize VC was only standby so far. I wonder if the fact that it has only been soft open up until today. At least I'm thinking it officially opened today.

So I guess my question is, what's the best way to know if the ride (at least Hagrids) goes to VQ? (So that I know to watch the app for times). Does the app give push notifications for that or do I need to just keep refreshing that ride's wait time?

I appreciate the feedback on Hagrid's line. I'll try to be be open to a little longer wait so we can do it.

I expect it to be very hot when we're there so am still contemplating whether to leave to eat. The QS stuff really has me worried. Did you have a City Walk reservation each day? And how long does it take to walk between the parks and City Walk? With only 1 day per park, we don't want to leave for too long.

Thanks so much for the feedback!
Can you upgrade to park hoppers? You can't ride the Hogwarts express without park hoppers. It's a fun way to travel between parks

Can you upgrade to park hoppers? You can't ride the Hogwarts express without park hoppers. It's a fun way to travel between parks
We're trying to keep the cost down this trip so passing on the park to park upgrade. Plus, we haven't been in so long and we want a full day in each park. We're planning on going back in January and will do Hogwarts Express then.

We're trying to keep the cost down this trip so passing on the park to park upgrade. Plus, we haven't been in so long and we want a full day in each park. We're planning on going back in January and will do Hogwarts Express then.

If you're going back in Jan, have you thought of annual passes? They automatically have park to park, and depending on level, free parking, too...

If you're going back in Jan, have you thought of annual passes? They automatically have park to park, and depending on level, free parking, too...
My husband won't be back in January so it won't help us on this trip even if we do it. We're still considering it for the discounts.

That's weird. I'm still seeing both US and IOA showing hours of 9:00 - 9:00 on both Monday and Tuesday, 6/21-6/22. That would make early admission at 8:00 both days as well. I'm seeing the same in the app as well. Are you seeing an 8:00 opening on 6/21 like there is on Sunday, 6/20?

Seeing the same here - 9:00 opening on website both days meaning EE at 8:00 at both parks both days. The app has had that info for a while now.

That's weird. I'm still seeing both US and IOA showing hours of 9:00 - 9:00 on both Monday and Tuesday, 6/21-6/22. That would make early admission at 8:00 both days as well. I'm seeing the same in the app as well. Are you seeing an 8:00 opening on 6/21 like there is on Sunday, 6/20?
Very strange. I'm seeing 8 AM opening on 20, 21, 27 and 28 at IoA. Some variances on the US hours page.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it doesn't say anything about those being the early entry hours.

My app does show the 9 AM open.

Very strange. I'm seeing 8 AM opening on 20, 21, 27 and 28 at IoA. Some variances on the US hours page.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it doesn't say anything about those being the early entry hours.

My app does show the 9 AM open.
I checked four different browsers and they all show the normal opening time of 9:00 for both parks on 6/21. The earlier opening is showing for both Saturday and Sunday, 6/19 and 6/20.

App indicates this as well, opening at 8 for the weekends and 9 during the week with EE an hour before.
Yes, I see it on the app. And I believe it. But my mind is just trying to make sense of it.

I get it. Been there done that. You are going to have the express pass that helps so much. Just watch the weather. Islands has so many outdoor rides that shut down in Florida storms. If one day is expected to be stormier use that day at studios. Lots of indoor rides in that park.

My husband won't be back in January so it won't help us on this trip even if we do it. We're still considering it for the discounts.
I'm on season pass hotel watch myself. Booked our hotel for next May, but if I can catch an AP rate for the hotel I will buy one season pass for me. And gave an excuse to go back for HHN. My diabolical plan

I get it. Been there done that. You are going to have the express pass that helps so much. Just watch the weather. Islands has so many outdoor rides that shut down in Florida storms. If one day is expected to be stormier use that day at studios. Lots of indoor rides in that park.
Great tip! Thanks! :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter