Gearheads...help me figure out how heavy a camper I should be looking at,please!

Just drive it til she blows. Why in the world would ps fluid get hot other than it's sitting next to a motor 210 degrees F.

Just drive it til she blows. Why in the world would ps fluid get hot other than it's sitting next to a motor 210 degrees F.

Kinda hard to believe that the PS pumps nowadays generate so much heat as to require the addition of a cooler. Seems to me that your production costs and reliability would be better with a more efficient pump that didn't require the addition of a cooler. Oh wait...stupid me....I forgot we're talking about the American auto industry here. I guess it's no surprise that they are in such dire straits now.

I was looking at the tag on my MH and it says GVWR 9000# but it has a number imprinted in the tag ahead of that that is 17400 would this be the GCWR?
I have allways been curious as to what the towing capacity is for this since the owners manual doesn't tell.
The MH is a 1980 Dodge MB300 with a 360.

I was looking at the tag on my MH and it says GVWR 9000# but it has a number imprinted in the tag ahead of that that is 17400 would this be the GCWR?
I have allways been curious as to what the towing capacity is for this since the owners manual doesn't tell.
The MH is a 1980 Dodge MB300 with a 360.

IF the 17400 lb number is the GCWR, then you can generally assume that if you subtract the 9000 GVWR then your max towing capacity would be 8400 lbs.

The MH may have a higher towing capacity if empty, but to be on the safe side, always assume that it is fully loaded at the 9000 lbs.

I don't think I've ever seen a PS cooler on any vehicle I've ever had. I can't imagine the need for a PS cooler. Some really poor engineering if it would require a cooler for the PS.

I don't have a transmission cooler on my F350. No lines going from the tranny to the radiator either. Oh, that's right, it's a manual. No need to worry about frivolous items like tranny coolers.

Typically, you find a PS cooler on vehicles that use the PS for steering and as a hydraulic brake booster, asking the pump to supply 2 systems with power creates more heat requiring the cooler. Just like any other hydraulic system, the overheating of the fluid will break it down faster and bring early pump failure.

Well I took the MH accross the scales today just for fun. 9900 pounds with most of the supplies in it. Not bad only 900 over the GVW but who's counting:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter