GE Gift Card Query

gismo1554

DIS Veteran
So I’m curious as to whether you can purchase a GE gift card with a regular gift card? I have $200 on a plain one and don’t feel like getting another 100 is useful but love the gift card.

So I’m curious as to whether you can purchase a GE gift card with a regular gift card? I have $200 on a plain one and don’t feel like getting another 100 is useful but love the gift card.
I've admittedly never bought a gift card at WDW (only spend them there), but there are very few retailers that will allow a gift card to gift card purchase. I know shopdisney.com does not allow it. So I find it quite possible that this will not be allowed in SWGE, but depending on how their POS system is set up, it won't hurt to try.

I don't know if this is allowed either, but it would be interesting to know that, if you were staying at a Disney resort, could purchase a GE gift card with your magic band and then pay off your room charges (including the gift card) with your current gift card? Again, I've not done that either, but that may be a work around. I'm sure some other members will post that have tried it.

I don’t see why you couldn’t.
This is interesting because retail outlets normally don't allow gift card purchases with other gift cards, but that's a situation where the gift card swaps are for different stores. In this case, you SHOULD be allowed but I would email Disney to get a definitive answer.

This is interesting because retail outlets normally don't allow gift card purchases with other gift cards, but that's a situation where the gift card swaps are for different stores. In this case, you SHOULD be allowed but I would email Disney to get a definitive answer.
True. Another option would be to buy the gift card and then transfer the other gift card to the SWGE one. This can be down on the Disney gift card website.

I tried on accident. I couldn't buy one with a gift card they said. So I bought it with a credit card and transferred the balance to my other gift card.

Thanks all. I might try and email Disney

I don't know if this is allowed either, but it would be interesting to know that, if you were staying at a Disney resort, could purchase a GE gift card with your magic band and then pay off your room charges (including the gift card) with your current gift card? Again, I've not done that either, but that may be a work around. I'm sure some other members will post that have tried it.

So this was another option I thought about but wasn't sure if this wouldn't be allowed

True. Another option would be to buy the gift card and then transfer the other gift card to the SWGE one. This can be down on the Disney gift card website.

The issue is the GE one has to be $100 and I'm going solo for 1 week with the dining plan so the chance of me spending $300 on other stuff is very small. If it allowed smaller amounts it wouldn't bother me but the minimum spend is just so high it seems like a waste.

So for info in case others find this post, I have emailed Disney and they have said that you can! I'm going to take the email with me just in case

We were lucky enough to get one on opening day and admittedly quickly spent the $100 we put on it. It is really neat but not really sure what my DW will do with it.

couldn't you just do it yourself? Once you have the empty card in your hand, cant you transfer it yourself online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!