Gaylord Palms has resort fee and parking fee?

No I have been watching for them but I haven't seen them. I got GP for about the same you mentioned above but I'm okay with the price. I'm not a huge fan of the unknown and I had heard really good things about this place.

Right now I'm trying to decide between HRH and RPR for Oct. I like that HRH is closer to the parks but then RPR is always cheaper.

I love the HRH :thumbsup2 but if you aren't spending much time in the room & you aren't bringing all the boys with you (one room :rotfl: ) do RPR and save the extra money. While it it is a further walk, it really isn't a bad walk. Oct shouldn't have too much rain, it won't be like your running from bad weather (like this time of year ::yes:: ).

ps... I am home now :( enjoy your stay at Universal :goodvibes

I love the HRH :thumbsup2 but if you aren't spending much time in the room & you aren't bringing all the boys with you (one room :rotfl: ) do RPR and save the extra money. While it it is a further walk, it really isn't a bad walk. Oct shouldn't have too much rain, it won't be like your running from bad weather (like this time of year ::yes:: ).

ps... I am home now :( enjoy your stay at Universal :goodvibes

I just got home today. I'm glad we were onsite. Universal was packed the few days we were there.

...I just feel that adding $27 in fees is a bit steep..

My family and I purchased a singe room at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando, to attend the Snow Tubing and other seasonal events. Cost was 195 per night. At check-in, we were informed that the inward-facing room we had requested offered a "limited view". The clerk, without hesitation, pointed out that, for an additional 75 upgrade fee, we would have a clear view of the atrium and Christmas tree. Since we were celebrating a special family event, we opted in. The upgraded view was excellent but let's do some quick math: 195 plus 75 is 270 .. yet, when the invoice arrived under our door in the early AM, it was 350. The bill included Wi-Fi and a TON of "resort fees", two different "resort taxes", "parking fee", "parking tax", a "bundle tax" plus state and county taxes which totaled a whopping 80 dollars thereby resulting in our 350 bill. And this was just ONE night without putting *any* other items on the room charge. Now, add on one night's dinner for 2 adults plus 2 kids at Wreckers (135 with average tip) plus Snow Tubing (80 for four people), you're looking at a very expensive one-day plus overnight visit.

In regard to the "Cirque Dreams Unwrapped at Gaylord Palms Resort" (look on YouTube), there was not a single thing "Christmastime" about it. In fact, this was the first year where they omitted the popular "Mary, did you know?" ballad performance which was the highlight in all of the prior years we attended this event. The 2015 performance was nothing more than a circus fairy freak show and had absolutely nothing to do with Christmas or the season whatsoever.

My family, children included, all agreed that we would not attend this hotel next year during Christmastime 2016.

Nearly all the hotels in Orlando charge these fees. As were are there several times a year for cheer competitions and stay off site, you need to ask in advance what the resort fee and parking fees are. The taxes are also the same at other hotels. Disney just includes everything together and doesn't break it out. Not everyone brings a car so charging for parking makes sense to us. Their website tells you what the resort fee is charging for.

Sure, they can wrap it up into one price, but those of us familiar with resort and parking fees what to know these items separate. Sorry you were not educated in off-site Orlando fees. Ask before booking next time.

... and if you dined there, they do validate parking. :)
Some people go there just for a few hours, not to attend any event, eat, or sleep, just to walk around. Just like if you wanted to park at Disney Springs and just walk around, you have to pay to park.

My family and I purchased a singe room at the Gaylord Palms in Orlando, to attend the Snow Tubing and other seasonal events. Cost was 195 per night. At check-in, we were informed that the inward-facing room we had requested offered a "limited view". The clerk, without hesitation, pointed out that, for an additional 75 upgrade fee, we would have a clear view of the atrium and Christmas tree. Since we were celebrating a special family event, we opted in. The upgraded view was excellent but let's do some quick math: 195 plus 75 is 270 .. yet, when the invoice arrived under our door in the early AM, it was 350. The bill included Wi-Fi and a TON of "resort fees", two different "resort taxes", "parking fee", "parking tax", a "bundle tax" plus state and county taxes which totaled a whopping 80 dollars thereby resulting in our 350 bill. And this was just ONE night without putting *any* other items on the room charge. Now, add on one night's dinner for 2 adults plus 2 kids at Wreckers (135 with average tip) plus Snow Tubing (80 for four people), you're looking at a very expensive one-day plus overnight visit.

In regard to the "Cirque Dreams Unwrapped at Gaylord Palms Resort" (look on YouTube), there was not a single thing "Christmastime" about it. In fact, this was the first year where they omitted the popular "Mary, did you know?" ballad performance which was the highlight in all of the prior years we attended this event. The 2015 performance was nothing more than a circus fairy freak show and had absolutely nothing to do with Christmas or the season whatsoever.

My family, children included, all agreed that we would not attend this hotel next year during Christmastime 2016.

Did you not know your view in advance? Every time I have stayed there, I know what view I am getting. Typically, the military rate I get a view of the top of a roof (exterior). LOL. Sometimes it's a nice exterior garden view. It's not like they hide the type of view from you.

I hate the fees. Just add it to the room so I know exactly what I'm paying. A $200 room with $50 in fees added isn't a $200 room no matter how you spin it, it is a $250 room. Just say that and be done with it.

Excuse my ignorance it's all new to me from the UK.

We are looking to stay at the Gaylord Palms christmas 2016 and I just want to check I understand.

Do you mean if you stay at the hotel and eat at one of the restaurants they will validate your parking for that whole day? So if we eat there every day of our 4 days for breakfast or dinner we wouldn't need to pay the additional parking fee as extra?

Thank you

Yes ........ for people who are there for a meal ........ BUT NOT SURE if this is correct if you are staying there .

The price of parking is approx $15 or less BUT meals are twice that per person

SO ask reservation desk for Correct info & price.

Very good Hotel & Conference Center ..... We always go there ( Free Parking ) for a look around . I will not spoil it for you.

Thank you for your reply Woodview

Either way that's not too bad for parking a lot of the hotels we stay at here in the UK charge around £15 per night so I can understand.

We are super excited it looks amazing. Would you mind also telling me as I don't know the area, is it a long way from the Amway centre we are hoping to get tickets to a basketball game whilst we are there?

Disney hotels are even sneakier. They build them into the room fees to begin with!

:confused3 How is that sneaky? You see the price on the website, it is what it is. There are no additional fees. If you are saying they are too expensive that is another conversation to debate.

I'm not a fan of resort fees or parking fees, especially if it just a ground parking lot. In the Orlando area even some Holiday Inn's have a resort fee.

I can understand a resort fee if there is some value to it. For example The Swan or Dolphin hotel there is a resort fee. In my head I justify it, I am on Disney property, the hotels and pool areas are great. We have Disney bus service and boat service to parks and I can walk to EPCOT or HS. That is worthy of a fee. With that said the parking fee just chaps me.

I hate resort fees and parking fees, but you can't get away from it because all hotels are doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter