Gaylord Palms has resort fee and parking fee?

A Mickeyfan

DIS Veteran
Gaylord Palms is showing that they have a resort fee of $15 plus a parking fee of $12, so that means what ever the room rate is, $27 must be added to that price, correct?
They have some great rates now, at $119, but when you add in that $27, it brings you back up. I know in reality some feel that is still a good price for them, I just feel that adding $27 in fees is a bit steep..

Gaylord Palms is a fantastic place to stay, even with the fees. You will love it!

The extra fees are worth it and you will not stay at a nicer place, ever! We are going back again as we were there 4 weeks ago. I never get tired of the Gaylord and all it has to offer!

I haven't stayed at the Gaylord Palms, but I've stayed at the Gaylord Opryland a couple of times, and they had the same fees. I do think it's a pretty big extra charge, but I also really enjoyed my stay there. The valet parking was only a little bit more ($20, I think), so I went with that because the self parking lots were pretty far away (I don't know about the GP though). I hope you get an atrium room, they really are nice.

That's my complaint with this hotel. Self parking is a LONG way away and they want a lot for it!

Resort fee used to get you two bottles of water a day and I always took them so they had to give me two more LOL!

That's my complaint with this hotel. Self parking is a LONG way away and they want a lot for it!

Resort fee used to get you two bottles of water a day and I always took them so they had to give me two more LOL!

I did the exact same thing! :rotfl2: I figured that I was paying for it, and as much as it was I sure wanted my water! (I just stuck mine in my suitcase for later.)

We have dined at Gaylord and we won't return because they nickel and dime you on car parking. It's a very nice hotel but after you have paid $800 for a meal the last thing you expect is a bill for parking the car. We've now found better restaurants than they have so it's their loss.

Also, the one in Nashville is much better IMO.

Why didn't you just have them validate your parking? If you eat there, they will validate it and the parking is free.

Resort fee? Seriously?

What in the hell is a resort fee and why isn't it put into room rental? Is it taxed?

Resort fee. Now I've heard everything.

I've been to the Gaylord Palms a couple of times. I have to say I'm not that impressed for the cost, plus the upcharging. The restaurants are not that wonderful. Much better ones not much further along...

It's plunk in the middle of an old cow pasture too. I laugh sometimes and wonder what visitors must think when they look out the windows. View? What view? A few lonely cows and the roads. :confused3

If you get a decent rate, by all means do try it, but I'd not pay much for the stay.

We enjoy going there for Sunday Brunch on occasion and strolling around the Atrium meeting a number of locals there. Sometimes a few of the folks from Fiddler's Joy provide the music. We(company not us personallypirate:) had a gift store in there for awhile in the KeyWest section and many people found it very fascinating but unfortunately that didn't pay the lease rates.
What in the hell is a resort fee
imho it is the same as an airline charging extra fees. It is a way of increasing revenue without increasing published rates/fares. Some hotels are different. Resort fees may include like mentioned above water and/or a newspaper,turndown service etc. for this fee.

Resort fee? Seriously?

What in the hell is a resort fee and why isn't it put into room rental? Is it taxed?

Resort fee. Now I've heard everything.

Quite a few of the nicer hotels in the Orlando area (and other areas too) charge a resort fee now. I agree with you 100%. Why not just add it to the room charge and be honest about what that room is really going to cost the customer. :confused3 (I'm sure it's just a way to make the room look cheaper than it really is. :rolleyes1 )

Quite a few of the nicer hotels in the Orlando area (and other areas too) charge a resort fee now. I agree with you 100%. Why not just add it to the room charge and be honest about what that room is really going to cost the customer. :confused3 (I'm sure it's just a way to make the room look cheaper than it really is. :rolleyes1 )

Ditto!!

Resort fees aren't charged by only the nicer resorts..they are also charged by the likes of Day's Inn's and so forth as well.. they just happen to be cheaper fees... and cheaper hotels. My gripe with Gaylord Palms is why a resort fee AND parking fee. To me, that is a bit too too much. I understand they are a nice hotel but that is also a why to nickel and dime you to death. If they are charging you for the water bottles, newspaper & shuttle.. why not tell them you do not want it, and see what they say, after all you are paying to park your car... you will use your car and not their shuttle ;) I am not going to stay there. If I am going to pay that type of money, I would rather stay onsite Dinsey or Universal. When you add all their fee's you can get an AP (or in my case FL resident rate) rate at a deluxe and not have to worry about gas going to a park ;)

They also have computers in the room and no extra charge to surf the net. We are at the Gaylord right now and we really like it. It's a super nice hotel. The parking is the same as the Universal resorts and even with the resort fee I'm still paying less (through Hotwire) than the AP rate I'm paying at the Royal Pacific when we move over there on Sunday.

They also have computers in the room and no extra charge to surf the net. We are at the Gaylord right now and we really like it. It's a super nice hotel. The parking is the same as the Universal resorts and even with the resort fee I'm still paying less (through Hotwire) than the AP rate I'm paying at the Royal Pacific when we move over there on Sunday.

what did you get it for on Hotwire? I can get it for the $119 but adding the fees (resort and parking) I don't feel it is worth it.. if they just had it built into the price it seems different. I am at a 2 bedroom that I got thru SkyAuction when I purchased the certificates at $179 each (for a 7 night stay)..and that was with tax & fees). I have free internet in the room too...:thumbsup2 I also have 1000sf, full kitchen, full size washer & dryer, 2 bedroom & my unit is poolside. We have free cookies, coffee, chips & soda all day long too...my DD loves that. There is an internet cafe, fitness center (small) and a car wash station. It is Oak Plantation. Only down fall is that it is way way down on 192, past Midevil Times Dinner Show....and 15 miles to Universal :headache:

I was looking into Gaylord Palms for July. My older DD wants to come up for a few days at the end of July or the begining of Aug, her 20th birthday. She doesn't want to spend a week so I didn't want to use one of my SkyAuction Certificates. Depending on funds, I might just start looking for deals on Hotwire. I haven't seen any Universal Resorts on Hotwire lately....

has anyone????

what did you get it for on Hotwire? I can get it for the $119 but adding the fees (resort and parking) I don't feel it is worth it.. if they just had it built into the price it seems different. I am at a 2 bedroom that I got thru SkyAuction when I purchased the certificates at $179 each (for a 7 night stay)..and that was with tax & fees). I have free internet in the room too...:thumbsup2 I also have 1000sf, full kitchen, full size washer & dryer, 2 bedroom & my unit is poolside. We have free cookies, coffee, chips & soda all day long too...my DD loves that. There is an internet cafe, fitness center (small) and a car wash station. It is Oak Plantation. Only down fall is that it is way way down on 192, past Midevil Times Dinner Show....and 15 miles to Universal :headache:

I was looking into Gaylord Palms for July. My older DD wants to come up for a few days at the end of July or the begining of Aug, her 20th birthday. She doesn't want to spend a week so I didn't want to use one of my SkyAuction Certificates. Depending on funds, I might just start looking for deals on Hotwire. I haven't seen any Universal Resorts on Hotwire lately....

has anyone????

No I have been watching for them but I haven't seen them. I got GP for about the same you mentioned above but I'm okay with the price. I'm not a huge fan of the unknown and I had heard really good things about this place.

Right now I'm trying to decide between HRH and RPR for Oct. I like that HRH is closer to the parks but then RPR is always cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter