Gaylord Palms Christmas

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
Gaylord Palms just released there Christmas activities yesterday. I was all set to book our last night there in Dec. and do the activities but man, it gets expensive quick.
Does anyone care to share their experiences with Gaylord Christmas in Orlando in the past. ICE is back. Our kids are 5 and 7. Which activities did you enjoy, what was a waste of money, should we just skip it? Stay the night or just come from Disney to do a few activities and head back to out dvc room.?

Thanks!

It is VERY popular . Biggest deal is the 'snow'. We don't see snow in Florida. If you live where it snows, may not be for you .

It is expensive but most say it is worth it.

It is VERY popular . Biggest deal is the 'snow'. We don't see snow in Florida. If you live where it snows, may not be for you .

It is expensive but most say it is worth it.
Good to know. We are from CT and do see too much snow and ice. Maybe we might be better off just coming over and doing ice and some of the other stuff. The snow tubing looks fun but I think one of my kids might be too small…

I always celebrate my Nov birthday at Gaylord.with grandkids. I figured they would be bored this year (ages13&15) After visiting during their summer visit just to check it out… they immediately told their parents they want to do GayLord with returning December .
We experienced Grinch Theme a few years ago inGaylord Texas and this makes me so happy it will be in. Orlando this year…
Big deal for families , especially locals to stay year round at Gaylord !
So fun to see the families dressed in party themed PJs. For photos!
Their interior nightly laser show and a mini cirque themed performance on center stage, etc.
But the ultimate favorite and reason I love Gaylord …the rooms with the French Door balcony and views of everything worth seeing .
So fun to sit on balcony and not worry about weather or insects!
Plus families “decorate” their rooms and usually the balcony too!
Gaylord knows how to compete with their competition during the Holidays!

We did Gaylord's Christmas last year. It was great, although expensive. The one thing I would say was definitely disproportionately expensive was the Mission Christmas event/activity, but if they are bringing back ICE then you won't have MC to decide about. We also enjoyed a Cirque du Soleil-style acrobatic show there, and spent some hours working on the scavenger hunt. The kids enjoyed the ice tubing, but the lines can be extremely long midday so you may want to target your tubing plans for the beginning or end of the day to get your money's worth. We found Gaylord rooms during that time to be too expensive so we stayed at the Caribe Royale and were happy.

If you decide to just drive there for the day, be forewarned that the cost to park there is pretty high. You might want to confirm how much it will be before you go so you are mentally and financially prepared.

We did Christmas at Gaylord Palms for part of a day last year (and went to Night of a Million Lights that evening). We did not stay at the resort, just visited for the day.

Parking is high for the day, be prepared.

I only got tickets for snow tubing and worried that would not keep us busy. I snagged them on Groupon. A little cheaper not any sort of insane discount. But every bit helps! We went as soon as it opened.

We tuned for a bit, walked around, tubed some more, got lunch, walked around more. The resort itself is neat, so they enjoyed just checking it out. They didn’t ask about many of the other activities. You can always buy another activity while there, although you lose the potential benefit of bundling for the discounts.

I did the Nativity show with my younger kids, but we were able to get free seats at the first show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter