Gay Pride Days?

jessie2

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if this is an event this year? If so, how and when does it affect the parks. We have 2 sets of friends travelling last week of May to first 2 weeks of June.

Thanks

Jessie:)

As far as I know, it's only one day and I believe it is June 1st this year. Reports from past years are generally mixed. Some people say crowds are higher, some people say they didn't even know it was happening until they got home :rolleyes: I <i>think</i> it's only held at the MK, so that'll be the only park affected if it is.

Hope that helps :)

Penny :)

Good Morning, it's lovely here in Nottinhgamshire at the moment.

Thats been a great help, have been through the events and the only one which will affect our D friends is 1 June MK. One set of friends are staying on-site for 1 week then heading for Clearwater, it is their 3rd visit but time will be precious. The other family are in a villa, near Sea World they have been told, for the whole 2 weeks but it is only their 2nd time so lots to do. Wish we were going with them and in July as well!

Thanks again

Jessie :)

I have just read a post on the theme parks board I think, saying that June 1st at MK will be heaving - but all the other days are supposed to be ok. Might be worth swapping parks that day.

Bev

We were in MK last year on Gay DAy on the Saturday which is the main day/event.
IT WASN'T A PROBLEM.

We didn't get to MK till mid afternoon after the parade so couldn't comment on the crowds. They were OK by then, We were there for dinner at Crystal Palace we had PS & wouldn't have got in without them. So point out to your friends if they intend a sit-down meal they will need PS.

OUr kids did ask what was going on , they didn't notice any diferent behaviour just the mass of red shirts, which the majority wore. OUr youngest DS thought it was USA red-nose day till we explained. They were not affected or bothered by it.

Everyone there were enjoying Disney.

:jester: :jester: :jester:

I think the reason why June 1st is being singled out as being particularly busy is because the only Spectro that week is currently timetabled for then as well. That in it's own right will make the MK very busy indeed. Definately tell them to get PS asap for that day if intending a sitdown meal.

Penny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter