Gas- $3.99 a gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it for $3.11 this morning at the Circle K
I would be happy with $2.xx even $2.89 lol ... so we are getting close. Most of the other stations in the area are stil $3.45 ish though

According to this site (https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=pet&s=emm_epm0_pte_nus_dpg&f=m) gas was $2.63 in January of 2020. We're a little over a dollar more than that now.

According to this site (http://www.newjerseygasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx) gas prices in NJ during summer of 2020 were around $2.13 so we are over $2 higher per gallon. That's better than the $3 higher per gallon about a month or two ago. You have to adjust the chart back two years to see that pricing.

According to this site (http://www.newjerseygasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx) gas prices in NJ during summer of 2020 were around $2.13 so we are over $2 higher per gallon. That's better than the $3 higher per gallon about a month or two ago. You have to adjust the chart back two years to see that pricing.
Hmmmm...what was going on in the summer of 2020 that demand was down so prices went down? I can't seem to put my finger on it....

Hmmmm...what was going on in the summer of 2020 that demand was down so prices went down? I can't seem to put my finger on it....

Hmmm, a 30 cent difference from 2019 to 2020.
I’ll take 2019 prices over 2022 because I’m still paying almost $2 more per gallon, and that’s with the suspension of the gas tax.
But I know we should all be happy we aren’t paying $5 🙄

I'm not excited. I still have a long wait yet to see under $4. It's $4.29 now and for some reason Sheetz (not a top tier fuel supplier) reduced it's premium to only $0.20 over, so it's $4.49. Everywhere else premium is still over $5.

I don't expect under $3 ever again. I would say my opinion of $3-3.25 is reasonable expected gas prices.
You need to move out of Pennsylvania. :p We've been through 11 states in the past 2 1/2 months spending multiple days in all but 2 of them. PA's gas prices gave us sticker shock. We were so thrilled, when we finally got to cheaper gas. :laughing:

It is $5 a gallon here. I was talking to the owner of the station and we were laughing that people were thrilled it had gone from $6 to $5 when it was $3.19 2 years ago. Our gas doubling and then going down one dollar is not an accomplishment to me. There was no need for the gas hike in the first place.

Even with the current drop in prices I still feel like I'm on lockdown. I don't want to pay what gas costs today, so I don't go out much. Regardless of what was going on in the summer of 2020 the prices didn't start rising until the end January 2021 and they continued to climb until recently. Prices in my area were already $2 higher per gallon before the start of the war in Ukraine so we can only attribute 1/3 of the price increase to that. I just hope that the price per barrel cost doesn't rise to 3xs what it was 2 months ago (as has been reported). If that happens, I don't think anybody will be happy or trying to justify it.

Hmm it’s like something else happened in Jan 2021, but just can’t think of what

Gas prices aren’t the result of one single event but people can’t bear to acknowledge that so you know it’s definitely all about COVID or wait I think it’s Putin’s fault, oh no it’s definitely greedy corporations……couldn’t possibly be about someone’s guarantee to end fossil fuels.That doesn’t even enter in to the equation for some.
Read the two parts I bolded then make up your mind.

Hmm it’s like something else happened in Jan 2021, but just can’t think of what

Gas prices aren’t the result of one single event but people can’t bear to acknowledge that so you know it’s definitely all about COVID or wait I think it’s Putin’s fault, oh no it’s definitely greedy corporations……couldn’t possibly be about someone’s guarantee to end fossil fuels.That doesn’t even enter in to the equation for some.
Read the two parts I bolded then make up your mind.

Well by golly, I think you hit the nail on the head. Well done. Based on the comment I originally responded to I didn't think this was part of your thought process. Glad to see I was wrong. Also have to say we as a nation are not ready for that transition, I don't think the world is ready either. I think we need to be working towards that goal but to cut us off at the knees (so to speak) is not the way to do it.

This is crazy talk; I don't think anyone wants things to get worse.

Unemployment was up so high 18 months ago due to pandemic and the world being shut down. The US unemployment rate in 2019 was 3.5% prior to pandemic. The US is no longer shut down, so people have their jobs back which equals the unemployment rate going down.

Yes, gas is down, demand is down. I have only left my home one time this week, this is reflective to many people making better use of their driving needs. Consolidating their errands and getting the most out of each trip they take in their cars. It's the smart thing to do. Yes, the cost to transport goods to stores is a key component in the cost of goods, that's basic economics.

Yes we got Ayman al-Zawahiri, that's a good thing but look where we got him. That's not a good thing.

To your last point, if you say so...but there's still lots more to be concerned about.
Demand is down, but not by choice. It was forced on us.

This economy is very odd to say the least. When in history have we seen surging inflation while the price of gold is stagnating? Isn't gold supposed to be an inflation hedge?
The dollar is still the prettiest bell at the ball. You really have to look at what's going on around the world to get on a handle on what's happening. Many currencies are starting to collapse.

Demand is down, but not by choice. It was forced on us.

Yes, I agree, and I think that's what I said:

"Yes, gas is down, demand is down. I have only left my home one time this week, this is reflective to many people making better use of their driving needs. Consolidating their errands and getting the most out of each trip they take in their cars. It's the smart thing to do. Yes, the cost to transport goods to stores is a key component in the cost of goods, that's basic economics."

I feel like I'm back during the pandemic and I'm still on lockdown. I know it's a self-imposed lockdown, but I really don't like paying the price at the pump, so I pretty much just go and do what I need to do. No frivolous fun joy rides to the shore or the mountains. Not a fun way to go about things but I can't justify wasting money on gas when I don't have to.

The dollar is still the prettiest bell at the ball. You really have to look at what's going on around the world to get on a handle on what's happening. Many currencies are starting to collapse.

Which makes no sense when the Federal Reserve fabricated trillions of dollars out of thin air. How on earth could investors put their faith in something that has no stability?

Well by golly, I think you hit the nail on the head. Well done. Based on the comment I originally responded to I didn't think this was part of your thought process. Glad to see I was wrong. Also have to say we as a nation are not ready for that transition, I don't think the world is ready either. I think we need to be working towards that goal but to cut us off at the knees (so to speak) is not the way to do it.
umm, who are you replying to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter