Garden Grocers - who has used them?

What we saved on our trip getting a couple of cases of water vs. paying 2.75 a bottle in the parks made it well worth it.

Can you specify what store you want them to get stuff from? I love the baked goods at Publix so might order muffins etc if I know it's coming from there.

I used them when I had my pre-teen Nephew with me, as I knew he would need to be fed constantly :). We ordered water (which alone saved the cost of the delivery fee), snacks and fresh fruit and everything was good.

I use We Go Shop. They will shop at any store you want, so you can order the brands you like. I only shop at Trader Joe's, so it works perfectly!

We used them in March, and had alcohol included in our order, and it was a very pleasant experience. We would absolutely do it again.

We used them last July when we stayed at Bay Lake Tower and loved them! Everything was accurate, fresh, and packaged well. Our only 'issue' was that we ended up feeling like we had to tip twice. We added a tip for Garden Grocer automatically when we placed the order. The deliveries are made to the Contemporary, and then a CR CM delivers them to BLT, so then we felt like we needed to also tip the CM since they had to haul it all over to our room.

I also agree about the water. We go in the summer and it is HOT! We bought a case of water and a case of Gatorade and those two purchases alone saved us a fortune over buying them for $2.50-$3.50 a piece from Disney!

Last edited:
Yes! I used them in September. We ordered a bunch of snack food, water, half and half, and beer :) all was cold when we picked it up from bell services!

Guess I will go against most post and say I have used them twice and really unless you have a larger order it is a bit pricy. I have not used bell service would just meet them in front of hotel and after a tip felt that overall was just not worth it. Again I was not feeding an army and thought for the time, effort, and cost it did not make sense for us to use them. Overall my family enjoys dinning out on vacation and not eating in the room. We are not big breakfast people and just grab a counter at the park and a sit down dinner in the evening.

I had a "medium" order and still saved a ton though.:)

For example the Powerades that were 88 cents through GG were $3.49 in Sport Goofy!:)

Same here. We basically ordered a case of water, a case of Gatorade, fat free Coffee Mate (since they don't have fat free in the Disney markets,) milk, and some snack items. Not a huge order, but we ended up saving a lot with the water and Gatorade alone.

We've been using GG for five years now and we've always had positive experiences. Everything has been fresh, including milk, eggs, cheese, deli meat, breads, and the frozen items were still frozen, too. Nothing but top-notch customer service incluidng phone calls beforehand to confirm date/time/location, and follow-up phone calls to see if everything arrived safely with their stating that if I needed anything else to give them a call. I have nothing but the highest regard for them. I highly recommend them.

I do feel most folks on the "double tipping" part but I think it's just the convenience of having food in the room as opposed to getting up at the crack of dawn to beat the crowds in the breakfast areas. I used them the first time we went about 4 years ago and will do so again next month when we go back.

We ordered quite a few things so we're bringing a collapsible cooler to be our second fridge so we always have cold drinks in rotation.

How much should you tip GG ? I placed an order already and I'm not sure I tipped enough. I also picked a time that is right before we get there. Do we just tell them at the check in desk we have a GG order and they deliver it to our room or should we go pick it up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter