Game of Thrones - Season 8 - NO SPOILERS PLEASE

My predictions

I think the dragons will turn on Dany killing her. Then the dragons will die because of the connection to her.

Jon just always seems weak to me. I think he’ll die by the White King.

Arya will take down the White King.

Jamie will kill Cersei and then himself for Tyrion.

Bran is annoying. Don’t see him lasting.

Sansa and Tyrion are still technically married. So there’s that. They are also the underdogs. I tend to root for the underdogs. For some reason can see them 2 moving forward in peace and harmony.

I am going to live in my "they will marry and live happily ever after" bubble for a bit longer. =P

I do think it was foreshadowing for Arya to tell John not to forget who his family is...
I was so happy when they finally got together at the end of last season, but now? I don’t know. I’m just not feeling it anymore.

I think Arya is going to kill Jamie, take his face, then her and the Hound will head back down to kill the Mountain and Cersei (as Jamie). At least I hope so, I really want her to get working on that list. :) Hopefully Beric makes it back to Winterfell from the wall before she leaves.

As much as I think Dany and Jon are good for each other personality wise, she's his aunt so I just can't get behind them staying together. He's a huge threat to her (when/if she finds out) having a claim to the throne from both sides.

And we know Melisandre is going to be slinking back some time, where'd she go and who's going to kill her? She said she'd be back to Westeros for her death. I think she's on Arya's list too, isn't' she?

It feels like they are setting up a Mad Queen storyline, to me. I can see conflict when Jon tells her what he's learned, and that it came from Sam. She will point out that Sam has reason to hate her now.

Then there's the "Prince that was promised". Jon, or a new baby?

I hope there's a happy ending for someone. Arya and Gendry, Sansa and ??, Jon and Dany. I'll take any of them.

Can't wait to hear what Jamie and Bran have to say.

It feels like they are setting up a Mad Queen storyline, to me. I can see conflict when Jon tells her what he's learned, and that it came from Sam. She will point out that Sam has reason to hate her now.

Then there's the "Prince that was promised". Jon, or a new baby?

I hope there's a happy ending for someone. Arya and Gendry, Sansa and ??, Jon and Dany. I'll take any of them.

Can't wait to hear what Jamie and Bran have to say.
This is how they'd couple up if I was writing the show and they shall all live happily ever after: :cloud9:
  • Brienne of Tarth and Tormund Giantsbane (they both deserve happiness and their off-spring would be unstoppable)
  • Davos Seaworth and Melessa Tarley (Sam's widowed mother)
  • Sansa and Tyrion (aesthetics aside, they really are very well suited)
  • Arya and The Faceless Man (they're both a pair of weirdos really)
  • Daenarys and Dario Naharis (he truly loved her just like Khal Drogo did - her ambition has ruined her chances of true happiness)
  • Jon and Lyanna Mormont (sure it's a little May/September but that girl rocks and together they would be epic)

My thoughts after the premiere... (and, admittedly, I didn't come into the GoT world until just recently... and I actually missed the last 2 episodes of the last season until this weekend when I watched HBO's marathon):

Sansa has come into her own & is a force w/ which to be reckoned. Along the way, I think she's learned lessons (she said as much to Littlefinger) from everyone that has used her, betrayed her, & manipulated her. And, I think, a lot of her actions & reactions are still very much shaped by her desire for revenge over all else. In her own way, The Lady of Winterfell is now as fierce as Arya, & I'd be wary of her.

Jon Snow doesn't want the throne, & he really enjoyed riding the dragon.

Too much foreshadowing for Dany to not be pregnant.

Bran gets on my nerves. As does Arya.

I was a little surprised at how upset Samwell was when he found out that Dany had his father & brother killed. His father was so cruel to him that I didn't expect that level of hurt & anger from him. I mean, it's justified, but, still, it surprised me.

I like Jamie, &, while I expect that he'll be killed, I don't want him to die right away... I'd like for him to last until the last episode. So, I'm going to be upset if he dies in the next episode. I'd also like for him to be the one to kill Cersei.

In my "I'd like for this to have a happy ending" fantasy, I want Jon Snow & Dany to be together w/ their dragons & baby heir to the throne.

My thoughts after the premiere... (and, admittedly, I didn't come into the GoT world until just recently... and I actually missed the last 2 episodes of the last season until this weekend when I watched HBO's marathon):

Sansa has come into her own & is a force w/ which to be reckoned. Along the way, I think she's learned lessons (she said as much to Littlefinger) from everyone that has used her, betrayed her, & manipulated her. And, I think, a lot of her actions & reactions are still very much shaped by her desire for revenge over all else. In her own way, The Lady of Winterfell is now as fierce as Arya, & I'd be wary of her.

Jon Snow doesn't want the throne, & he really enjoyed riding the dragon.

Too much foreshadowing for Dany to not be pregnant.

Bran gets on my nerves. As does Arya.

I was a little surprised at how upset Samwell was when he found out that Dany had his father & brother killed. His father was so cruel to him that I didn't expect that level of hurt & anger from him. I mean, it's justified, but, still, it surprised me.

I like Jamie, &, while I expect that he'll be killed, I don't want him to die right away... I'd like for him to last until the last episode. So, I'm going to be upset if he dies in the next episode. I'd also like for him to be the one to kill Cersei.

In my "I'd like for this to have a happy ending" fantasy, I want Jon Snow & Dany to be together w/ their dragons & baby heir to the throne.
Regarding Jon and Daenarys, one thing that hasn't been heavily emphasized in the show the way it was in the books is that Targaryens throughout history wed close relatives (most often siblings) to preserve the strength of the blood-line. :scratchin

Regarding Jon and Daenarys, one thing that hasn't been heavily emphasized in the show the way it was in the books is that Targaryens throughout history wed close relatives (most often siblings) to preserve the strength of the blood-line. :scratchin

When I get interested in something, I dive deep & tend to get a bit obsessive. So, during this last week, I've been rewatching the seasons & episodes on HBO & then reading some online articles about the characters & their history because I was confused & couldn't remember the details of what led to Robert's Rebellion & the ancestry of the Targaryen & Stark families.

Anyway, I said all that to say that I read that about the Targaryens!

So, in my mind, I've determined that, in the GoT universe, Jon's & Dany's relationship is just fine!

And, as an aside, I actually wasn't all that bothered by Jamie's & Cersei's relationship either... I mean, it's not anything I would go for in the real world, but this is Westeros. And, I think, at his core, Jamie is a honorable character (pushing Bran out of the window aside), & I really like him.

What do you think about Cersei's pregnancy? Fake? Pregnant with Jaime's baby? Why would she tell Cyburn to kill both Tyrion AND Jaime with the crossbow if it is Jaime's? We never see her tell Cyburn to give this order (although he is pretty loyal). I want to know what is going on with the pregnancy, especially since the prophecy foretold three children that would die.

I simply do not understand why GRRM hasn’t finished the story. :confused: He’s written tons of other things during the time including prequels, guide-books and god-knows-what-all related to the series. There’s no explanation for it really and I’m a little bitter. :mad:

I think that the books are written and he made a deal with them, to hold off until the series comes to a end... this way "No One" would know how it ended in the books, then after the series ends.... the books will come out, and you will be able to buy the whole set... for a pretty penny I would imagine...

Dany's parents were brother and sister and she grew up expecting to marry Viserys. I don't think she'd be bothered at all to find out Jon's her nephew (aside from the part where he's ahead of her in the succession now, of course).

Would you please give me a little re-cap? :blush: It's been years and years, and those years haven't been entirely kind to my memory (lookin' at you perimenopause...:sad2: ).

Yes, but would it kill her to be just slightly less of a pompous ***** to him? :mad: To my (admittedly less than perfect) recollection, Tyrion never, ever did her wrong.

In the books we have Bran becoming the Three Eyed Raven by sitting in a cave, amongst the roots of the weirwood tree -- actually fusing with the roots. Every time we return to the cave we're given a view of Bran that is becoming more roots than human flesh. Completely creeped me out and made me wonder how Bran could possibly be part of the story going forward.

I was surprised by Sansa's attitude with Tyrion until I realized all that she's been through with people claiming one thing and doing another. At this point I think she has serious reservations about a Lannister being in such a position of power, marching into Winterfell with these armies and aligned with this queen -- and then he announces the Lannister forces are on their way, to help. She knows for certain there is no trusting Cersei, and knows full well Tyrion of all people should be certain of it as well.

Just saw this thread. I binge rewatched the series last month. So exciting to have it back on. Sad it's almost over. Irritated that Georgie didn't get the next book out.

I liked the season 8 premier just fine. It did feel rushed and I (as someone mentioned up thread) too get taken out of the moment when they use common language/slang to today. That stuff is cheesy and cringe worthy to me. Like the Tyrion and Varys balls talk. Sansa's line 'it had it's moments' about the last time she was with Tyrion....while that was a witty line, it just seemed too modern for this show.

I felt sad for poor Sam.

Curious to see where the Jon and Dany story goes now. But they are setting up some mad queen type story. Or Dany will prove herself in some BIG way.

Liked the Arya and Jon reunion and her line about using needle once or twice. Arya has been through a lot and nobody really knows her now. There is sadness in that.

The Umber kid at the end...that was super creepy (and I watched in my mom's basement all alone).

I have a few thoughts... not in any order...

I think that there is a baby in the future and they will get married, as Jon has suffered as a bastard and does not want his children to suffer the same thing....

The witch told Dany that her child will rule, she did not say the child with Drogo... so there's that....

Honestly Jon would be happy to let her rule,... then honor and duty and whats good for the people are going to come into play...this is were I think it starts to get sticky...

Jon will be king... and he will be the one to kill the night king...

There is much much more in the crypts... I think something will happen and Jon will find his fathers ( Rhaegar) sword, and some other things that Ned hid away for him...

I think at some point she will loose it, and start to go the mad Kings route...and will she pull herself together at the last minute... with what she saw at the house of the undying... I just can't get past all the snow in throne room... its covered in snow...

I think that he loves hers and will have to kill her in order for the him to wield the sword "Light bringer", and that she will sacrifice herself for the good of their child... by making him kill her... here in lies the duty to the people and his love for his child...

I think that Sam is telling the story to Jon and Dany's child or possible twins...and other children from our character pool...Or that he is writing the books of ice and fire...

Sam and Gilly will end up together as Lord and Lady Tarly with lots of kids...

Sam and Gilly will find the out how to kill the night king...

Tyrion is Dany's half brother... and he will ride the one of the dragons.... if Dany is pregnant and there is need for it Jon ride Drogon and Tryion with ride Rhaegal

Jamie and Brienne end up together, maybe for a moment or they end up together somewhere, with a family as Lord and Lady of Tarth or even Castelty Rock...

Bronn is not going to kill Jamie or Tyrion... I think he will think about it... and will end up with a castle and nice little wife...

Sansa is the wild card... I can see her either back with Tyrion, as well as Warden of the North, or even Queen... possibly with Jon as co-rulers, or even Gendry... perhaps even raising Jon and Dany's child to be king...if they don't make it out... She has the strength and smarts to get the job done.... as Queen....

Gendry... another wild card... Back in Season one Cersie says she had a dark haired boy with Robert... I think that possible Gendry is her and Roberts child, and even if not he is still Robert son .... which would make him a Lord at least he is the last living child of Robert Baratheon... and maybe if Him and Arya make it both out... she will become his lady, as he said to her in a early season...

Arya - is going to make out... some how... I am hoping for her.... I think as well she will be the one to kill Cersie, with someone else face...

At some point Nymeria and Ghost will come to play...

The second sons are going to come into play or the golden company is going to change sides...

Podrick is another character that might surprise us... and might come out of this alive....or die protecting Tryion or Brienne

I am rooting for Grey Worm and Missandei.... I really don't hold out much hope for Grey Worm...

Jorah will be commander of the nights watch... if he makes it out alive...

I think Tormand is Lyanna Mormonts father... something when he talks about having one night with a bear in the early season.... I see him as a leader of the free folk...

The "End of the Game"... some type of co-ruling will be in place for the seven kingdom... until the wheel start rolling again...

Tyrion is Dany's half brother
This is still just speculation, right?

Jorah will be commander of the nights watch
Will there need to be a night's watch? Assuming Jorah survives because the walkers are defeated, now that the free folk are south of the wall (and the wall has a massive hole in it) why would there be a night's watch?

What do you think about Cersei's pregnancy? Fake? Pregnant with Jaime's baby? Why would she tell Cyburn to kill both Tyrion AND Jaime with the crossbow if it is Jaime's? We never see her tell Cyburn to give this order (although he is pretty loyal). I want to know what is going on with the pregnancy, especially since the prophecy foretold three children that would die.
I don't think she is pregnant and is hoping the Greyjoy guy will get her pregnant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter