Galveston 04/06/13 Caribbean Cruise

Yay! Have y'all looked at excursions yet?

I haven't booked any yet, but I talking to the kids about what they would like to go. We are all so undecided in this house! I really want to the stingrays in grand cayman but my son says NO WAY! I don't think he understands just how cool it will be. :beach:
keep ya posted,
Mikka

Hi Y'all....we are super excited for this upcoming cruise! We are first time cruisers and have no idea what to expect. We are from Arizona and it will be me Amy(36) my husband Greg(45) DD(6), DD(4) and DS(2). I stumbled across the FE and I am not quite sure how it works but it sounded kind of fun. Could someone please fill me in on what this entails. Thanks so much!

My family just booked our 6 night WC cruise out of Galveston for April 6,3013!! It's our first Disney cruise. We're taking our 2 kids ( ages 7 and 8).. I look forward towering some of y'all!! Is anyone doing the Fish Extender?

Thanks, Kim

Kim,
I am facilitating our groups FE, so I will quote my earlier post about what I need. I very excited you want to participate!!
This is my first time to be a part of a FE much less organize one, so I take any feedback or tips. Can't wait to meet you all! pixiedust:

Okay, If those who would like to participate would message me their disboard username, cabin number, the names and ages of those in your groups that are participating (or whatever you feel comfortable providing :)
Also you may want to include favorite disney characters and any allergies.
I will make a list and send to everyone.
Okay, here is where I need your input..
how far in advance should the deadline be to join (So I can the final list out to you all and we can start preparing)?
Are there any rules you all want to put in place?
I did see on another thread the group met briefly on the first night, so for the rest of the trip they had faces to place with the gifts received. Is this something you all would want to do?
Thanks SO much for working with me on this. I am all EARS!! :dumbo:
Mikka

Hi Y'all....we are super excited for this upcoming cruise! We are first time cruisers and have no idea what to expect. We are from Arizona and it will be me Amy(36) my husband Greg(45) DD(6), DD(4) and DS(2). I stumbled across the FE and I am not quite sure how it works but it sounded kind of fun. Could someone please fill me in on what this entails. Thanks so much!

Hi! This is my first time participating in the FE! But I am going to be the organizer of our trip! Yay! I just actually found out about them from the disboards and googling it. You will get some really good links. If you message me the detail I posted above, I can put you on the list.

I will try and find you a good link on FE and post it.:3dglasses

Mageemommy said:
Kim,
I am facilitating our groups FE, so I will quote my earlier post about what I need. I very excited you want to participate!!
This is my first time to be a part of a FE much less organize one, so I take any feedback or tips. Can't wait to meet you all! pixiedust:

Since I have just joined, it won't let me message you :( kim

Mageemommy said:
I haven't booked any yet, but I talking to the kids about what they would like to go. We are all so undecided in this house! I really want to the stingrays in grand cayman but my son says NO WAY! I don't think he understands just how cool it will be. :beach:
keep ya posted,
Mikka

Hi!! We did the stingray excursion in Grand Cayman 3 yrs ago. It is the coolest thing ever!! My 5 yr old daughter loved it, my 4 yr old son did not. I think we're gonna swim with the dolphins in MX this tine

Sorry I have been MIA for a little bit lol life gets the best of you sometimes. Me and my husband are both 28, DD Ryleigh is 8 (9 on cruise) and DS Cohen is 1 (2 on cruise). My mom will also be with us and is in her 60's. This will be my hubby and son's first cruise, my second but first Disney cruise, and my DD and mom's second disney cruise. I am so excited that there is interest in doing the FE!!! YAY! and thank you Maggemommy aka Mikka for volunteering to head it up! I love the idea to meet up the first day/night. I think maybe 2 weeks before so we have time to collect enough stuff. OH and we are from Texas also! lol

Mageemommy said:
Kim, if you feel comfortable posting the info on the thread, that would be be fine.

I'm Kim and Craig is my hubby.. We'll be cruising with our 2 kids Kathryn age 8 and our son, Carson, age 7. This is our first Disney cruise and we're super excited!! We're from the Dallas area. Thanks again for volunteering to head this up!!

Hi Ryleigh'smom! Glad you were able to come back to all this excitement over the cruise!

From what I've been reading, I think we need at least a month for the FE's. I guess it would depend on how many of us end up being interested, but I'm not that organized. My last 2 weeks will likely be spent making sure I have all the right stuff for my 3 grandkids! :)

This is my first time for the FE so it's all new to me!

So glad to see others getting ready for the sail...75 days! :) Just booked the nursery and excursions for the whole family. Will be the first time sailing for myself, husband, 6 year old, 4 year old, and 2 year old. My in-laws will be joining us as well.

We've booked the beach excursions, since our options are limited with having a 2 year old.

We'll also are gluten free, so I am excited to read other posts about how well they are able to cater to our dietary restrictions :)

I'm Kim and Craig is my hubby.. We'll be cruising with our 2 kids Kathryn age 8 and our son, Carson, age 7. This is our first Disney cruise and we're super excited!! We're from the Dallas area. Thanks again for volunteering to head this up!!

We are also from DFW! I had some family drop out of the trip, so it will just me and my 7 year old son, Jude. :love:

grayson143 said:
So glad to see others getting ready for the sail...75 days! :) Just booked the nursery and excursions for the whole family. Will be the first time sailing for myself, husband, 6 year old, 4 year old, and 2 year old. My in-laws will be joining us as well.

We've booked the beach excursions, since our options are limited with having a 2 year old.

We'll also are gluten free, so I am excited to read other posts about how well they are able to cater to our dietary restrictions :)

We're in the process of booking ours too. Trying to decide whether we want to do the swim with the dolphins in GC or MX..we've been to Cayman before and did the stingray encounter - it was way cool!! We're doing Palo for dinner Sunday night :)

Hi All,

I think we are going to do "Everybody Loves Rays" in Cozumel and the Tiki Beach Family day in Grand Cayman. I chose the Rays in Cozumel vs Cayman after reading reviews. Has anyone done these excursions before?

Sailing is myself, husband, dd 8 and dd 15. I am seeing lots of other 8 year old girls. My daughter will be very excited to make new friends!!!

Mageemommy said:
We are also from DFW! I had some family drop out of the trip, so it will just me and my 7 year old son, Jude. :love:

There's a thread of Disney Secrets that had awesome ideas!! We're going to do the following:
1 order milk and cookies
2 take pillowcases and sharpies and leave with guest services for autographs
3 take an 11x14 picture mat for characters to sign and leave with guest services
4 leave our passports with guest services so they will get stamped with GC and MX.

I just booked seaworld explorer in grand cayman. I think the girls will like seeing the ship wrecks and fish. We're doing dolphin discovery in Cozumel. We wanted to do the sting ray but our 3 yr old isn't old enough.

My family will be joining this cruise. My husband and I have cruised a number of times but this will be our first Disney cruise. We are taking our kids, 4 and 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter