Galaxy's Edge....August 29 2019

We were expecting to miss it this year as we're going September & it said late fall, we're now going to be there a few days after it opens. I'm glad we're staying at Boardwalk as we can walk to Hollywood studios & hopefully get to check Galaxy Edge. It'll be interesting to see what the wait time is like if there isn't going to be any fast pass to start with.

Was planning a bonus girls’ trip end of August. Honestly, with the announcement, considering doing DL even though 2 of us have WDW APs.

Figure things might be bit more settled @ DL vs throngs at WDW and we can grab a hotel for less than what i’m seeing for moderates those dates:scratchin

Not sure why they didn’t just want until both rides were done to open SWGE. Having only one ride to absorb people will make the experience feel even more crowded. I have a trip mid November and hope the second ride is open by then to help with crowds.

Not sure why they didn’t just want until both rides were done to open SWGE. Having only one ride to absorb people will make the experience feel even more crowded. I have a trip mid November and hope the second ride is open by then to help with crowds.

Then you'll have to plan another trip to see the second ride.

OMG!!!

We arrive on 9/28/19 and Galaxy's Edge appears to be opening the next day!!!!!! I thought it was going to be late Fall, not early fall. I tried to miss Free Dining and reserved the next week. UGH! I wanted to miss that as we do not care anything about being in that crowd. I know this is a big opening, but not sure if I need to try to move our trip to an earlier week. Will it just be HS that will be bad or everything...?

Already have a week booked at OKW...

We arrive at BCV the same day as you and I am not amused. We went this same time last year, and although it was miserably hot, the crowds were very manageable, I am not expecting the same this year thanks to this announcement. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time at the food and wine booths and SAB, I am so happy to be staying at BCV!!!

Could work in your favor - lower crowds at the other parks. Why not try for TSL FP+ for a weekday mid-afternoon (and not fight rope drop or evening crowds). I'm thinking theymay redo the tiers at DHS and allow TSM and/or Aliens to be tier 2. Good luck!
That would be great for FP, I hope you are right!

Just booked Thanksgiving at Kidani. We had planned to do it anyway to get one more trip in before our yearly pass expires and hopefully see SWGE in a preview but I hadn't been too worried about booking it until just before 7mth mark. With the announcement, I am not taking any chances. Only 1brms were are left and we prefer 2 but can deal with it for a few nights. I really don't care about the opening but the rest of the family is psyched to see it.

I’m excited to stay at BWV in early October. Was thinking about changing to poly as a split stay on the waitlist, but now methinks I’d rather not now.

We also have a 2bd (std no less!!)and was considering knocking it down to a studio or 1bd (it’s only me plus my 9 and 5yr old).... maybe I can wrestle someone else to come with us....

Does anyone think there's a chance they'd do an early preview for DVC members or AP holders? And if so...how early...we're at Disney from 8/3-8/10/19...I'm guessing that'd be way too early...but now that thought is in my head...it won't change any of my plans right now though!

We are scheduled for the week of 9/8 at GFV. When I read the news of the opening yesterday I was pretty upset as we planned this timeframe to avoid SWGE. We are mostly there for food and wine and have never spent a lot of time at HS on any past trip. While my kids are huge Star Wars fans they were ok with missing it this year with a chance of seeing it a little later on after the hype died down a bit. I toyed with switching our trip to May to avoid it but there is next to nothing available being so close to trip date so as of right now we are keeping our dates. I can only hope that it will result in the other parks being less crowded and not in an increased overflow type situation.

Some are now reporting that SW:GE will not have FastPass at opening. So I think the Tiers will remain the same for a while at DHS.
How long do you think the initial period of no fastpass+ will be. I've just booked 2 studios for early February 2020 at BW.

Hmmm.... I'm not sure how I feel about this. We planned September for lower crowds. To be honest, I was hoping for lower than normal because many would delay their vacations to go for the opening. Now I'm afraid it's going to be just as crowded as last Spring Break. But we'll just go with the flow and hope for the best.

We also want to plan a November trip. I'm worried about all of the rooms booking up fast now, but we need to wait until our friends who are going with us finalize their dates so we know how many points we have left. I'm going to need to push them to hurry up and decide!

Hmmm.... I'm not sure how I feel about this. We planned September for lower crowds. To be honest, I was hoping for lower than normal because many would delay their vacations to go for the opening. Now I'm afraid it's going to be just as crowded as last Spring Break. But we'll just go with the flow and hope for the best.

You should wish for crowds as spring break, IMO the crowds will be as bad as we have ever seen. The park will close because of the limits being reached.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter