Gabby Petito

LE Body Cam

I'm like 45 minutes into this video. This guy isn't a murderer. The girl seems like she has LOT of issues though. I mean, I don't wish harm on her at ALL, but this guy seems pretty likely to be innocent and I'll be shocked if he did something bad to her. I also think it's interesting that he doesn't even have a cell phone.

Something about her behavior is not sitting right with me. I feel like she is used to crying her way out of trouble.

I'm like 45 minutes into this video. This guy isn't a murderer. The girl seems like she has LOT of issues though. I mean, I don't wish harm on her at ALL, but this guy seems pretty likely to be innocent and I'll be shocked if he did something bad to her. I also think it's interesting that he doesn't even have a cell phone.

I agree. I think that she has died by suicide or accidental exposure.

Re: cell phone - it could be that they decided as a couple to just use her cell phone as a cost saving measure.

** edited to add **
I don't think that the boyfriend is guilty of any wrongdoing.

Last edited:
I agree. I think that she has died by suicide or accidental exposure.

Re: cell phone - it could be that they decided as a couple to just use her cell phone as a cost saving measure.

It's also very possible that she ran off and encountered someone else who harmed her. This guy, though, seems like a very peace loving, hippy type. He didn't even want to drink out of a plastic bottle, for goodness sake. He would probably not hurt a fly.

Oh, it seems he does have a cell phone. He pulled it out later. I guess he was saying he didn't have his phone on him when they were walking away from the van which is why he didn't want her to have access to the van so she couldn't leave him high and dry.

If that's the case, he might want to rethink his position of not talking to the police. He's not doing himself any favors guilt-wise. Right now he's suspect #1.

Maybe not. I just listened to a lengthy podcast about police questioning and it made me realize that I will NEVER voluntarily submit to questioning, and absolutely not until and unless I have had extensive legal advice and representation. All the police want to do is get a confession and they don't care if it's even true or not. This man was right to not speak to police right away. It is unfortunate that he is the primary person of interest, given that SHE has been physically abusive to him. I can see how, if he is truly innocent, it will be very hard to prove that, given the inherent sexism of missing female cases.

Another couple of random thoughts about this:

It's not the smartest idea to just up and quit your job and decide all of a sudden to hit the open road, with the way you'll earn $$ being through Youtube revenue.

Also, after a few days on a road trip in ANY sized vehicle, it's normal for people to bicker & not get along occasionally...you may love your travel companions to death, but it's hard being in a small confined space 24x7 for days and days on end. Heck, I've been married to DH for 26 years now and after 2 days of our cross-country road trip earlier this summer, I was getting car-cabin fever.

Then when you add in the fact that this woman has OCD, has intense anxiety, and frantically cleans the van every day...plus throw in the fact that they're traipsing through national parks and such, going hiking, getting dirty, it's NORMAL to get some dirt in your vehicle. What is NOT normal is to have a total melt down over dirty feet in the van. She's a bit unstable.

If that's the case, he might want to rethink his position of not talking to the police. He's not doing himself any favors guilt-wise. Right now he's suspect #1.

He's not a suspect. There has been no crime committed (yet). Missing persons cases are not crimes until a body is found.

I think there are two different topics: the disappearance of her (which I suspect he's got information he's unwilling to share) and the concept of not talking with police. We do tend to think if someone doesn't talk to police they are guilty but it's way more complicated. Yes that can be an indication of foul play, it can be an indication of non-disclosure of vital information, but it can also be to protect someone from situations in which they are or could be unfairly treated.

I would hope he was discussing with his lawyer just what information he should be sharing. I would hope that lawyer would also advise to share information that would aid in the finding of her as that can be construed as obstruction of justice (depending on the circumstances and the information) or other criminal charges depending on the circumstances.

I do agree his reaction is one of which there's more leaning towards something happening but as more information comes out it doesn't appear at the moment to be a clear cut guy kills girlfriend situation.

Maybe not. I just listened to a lengthy podcast about police questioning and it made me realize that I will NEVER voluntarily submit to questioning, and absolutely not until and unless I have had extensive legal advice and representation. All the police want to do is get a confession and they don't care if it's even true or not. This man was right to not speak to police right away. It is unfortunate that he is the primary person of interest, given that SHE has been physically abusive to him. I can see how, if he is truly innocent, it will be very hard to prove that, given the inherent sexism of missing female cases.

OK, but he's lawyered up, so why continue to refuse to talk to police? That makes you look guilty. Everything he's done so far makes him look guilty. If he's NOT guilty, what he needs to do is ask his lawyer, "What should I do to remove the appearance of guilt? Because I didn't do anything wrong."

If he's not guilty of killing her, he needs to tell his lawyer exactly what happened, and do whatever it takes to get his story to the police in a way that doesn't make him seem guilty. Because coming back in your girlfriend's car after going on a camping trip, getting a lawyer, refusing to say where your girlfriend is, and then saying "I'm not talking to the police" makes him look very, very, VERY guilty.

OK, but he's lawyered up, so why continue to refuse to talk to police? That makes you look guilty. Everything he's done so far makes him look guilty. If he's NOT guilty, what he needs to do is ask his lawyer, "What should I do to remove the appearance of guilt? Because I didn't do anything wrong."

If he's not guilty of killing her, he needs to tell his lawyer exactly what happened, and do whatever it takes to get his story to the police in a way that doesn't make him seem guilty. Because coming back in your girlfriend's car after going on a camping trip, getting a lawyer, refusing to say where your girlfriend is, and then saying "I'm not talking to the police" makes him look very, very, VERY guilty.

I agree with you that he appears guilty, but if he hasn't spoken to police yet it's because he's been advised not to. This is probably because he DIDN'T do anything and Gabby is expected to turn up. Or he has a terrible lawyer.

So, he drives home in her vehicle w/o her. He cares so little that he doesn't even tell her parents that she ran off somewhere, or told him to take the vehicle home. And now, he won't even talk to the authorities. Could this be any more suspicious? Seriously, if I did nothing wrong, I would tell the police everything I possibly know. But, of course, that makes too much sense, and nothing in this country makes any sense anymore.

Even without watching the video, this is what we teach our kids. If the police want to talk with you and you didn't reach out to them 1st (aka, you didn't call them), you're 1st 5 words are "I want my lawyer 1st" - always.

Your lawyer is there to protect your interests b/c nothing else in the system does, whether you are the perp, a seeming innocent suspect, or just a random witness caught up...the lawyer sorts that out for you, and then watches out for you in any questioning - that's why they are paid the big bucks...

Yeah. To just come home without her in her vehicle and not say anything (even to family/friends) and act like nothing is wrong is bizarre.

We don't know that he calmly showed up at home and has been acting like nothing is wrong. He hasn't said anything publicly so we don't know how he has been acting.

I don't have time for a 75 minute video. I don't care how innocent he sounds. We'll have to revisit this when the truth (eventually) comes out.

It's not that he sounds one way or another. Without watching the video, it's very easy to pass a judgment on what happened. I came away from the video with a very negative opinion of HER, which I absolutely did not expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter