Gabby Petito

It's not that he sounds one way or another. Without watching the video, it's very easy to pass a judgment on what happened. I came away from the video with a very negative opinion of HER, which I absolutely did not expect.
It doesn't matter if I agree. I honestly don't care how he seems. He either did something or didn't report something that happened so authorities could find her.

As I said, we'll have to revisit this when the truth comes out. It usually does.

I thought he was guilty until watching that whole video. Now I’m not so sure. My dd is the same age as Gabby. I cannot fathom my dd and her bf going away and just her bf come home and not talk to me about where she is. So I honestly don’t know what to think.
I’m curious as to what those police officers from the video think of all this.

After seeing that video, my guess is she continued to act out and some kind of a fight perused and he killed her. Probably by accident? Or possible he had enough of her and during a fight he lost it. It is obvious by that video something is way off. Did you notice she calls her mom while in the police car? She must be close with her, so I would think if she just left him, she would also call her mom. His lawyer may not want him to say anything until the police present their story so he has a good defense. If he isn't guilty, he sure looks like it to me. Doesn't take much to put a statement out with the lawyer saying I last saw her on this day because we had a fight and she left me. Now, if it is a stunt to get attention, how terrible is that. I got a feeling she is gone. I feel sad for her parents.

Well he definitely wasn't starting a search party or raising the alarm that she was gone, was he?

But, hypothetically, if he was the abused, do you normally see abused victims who run in panic from an attack raising a search party for their abusers. Normally, they are trying to escape them and disappear and they don't even think about their abusers, except panicking on where they are...

Not saying this happened, but crazy stuff does happen - look at the recent SC case which is following a prominent family...the stuff coming out weekly has been unbelievable, but apparently true...

Well he definitely wasn't starting a search party or raising the alarm that she was gone, was he?

Maybe she lied to him and told him she was flying home and to take the van and leave her alone and not contact her? We don't know, but it certainly seems like she is capable of throwing a tantrum and stomping off.

Allegedly, he flew home for several days after ANOTHER fight, somewhere between the 12th and 17th and then flew back out there around Aug 23/24. So, clearly things were not going well between them and from the police encounter in Utah, it appears SHE was the instigator in the arguments/violence.

The news said that she lived with the boyfriend/fiancé’s family. And the guys mom referred to her “like a daughter”. So you would think they would want to do more but who knows.
Also (not sure if it was mentioned already) that they are looking into a connection of a couple that was found dead around the same time they were in Moab.

If it's true that he flew home for like a week, that means she was alone all that time and could have met someone else, could have hatched a plan for her "disappearance" to either make Brian suffer or just to literally disappear and start a new life, could have planned any number of things. Right now Brian returning home and then going back out is "heresay" but it does add another layer to this story.

Then why not tell someone that? At least her family, if not the police.

B/c why would they believe you without proof? As far as they know, you're engaged to her, and in love. All that does is bring their wrath down on you and have them call you a liar...and go to the press and get people denouncing you and making internet threats at you, etc...have you seen the world today? Remember, his lawyer knows how the world works today...

Prior to today's video release, they probably had no idea their daughter could do what she did to him in the video...it's probably the 1st direct evidence of her physical abusiveness...

B/c why would they believe you without proof? As far as they know, you're engaged to her, and in love. All that does is bring their wrath down on you and have them call you a liar...and go to the press and get people denouncing you and making internet threats at you, etc...have you seen the world today? Remember, his lawyer knows how the world works today...

Prior to today's video release, they probably had no idea their daughter could do what she did to him in the video...it's probably the 1st direct evidence of her physical abusiveness...

Unless he already knows she's dead, it's horrible to not try to help find a missing person.

We don't know that he calmly showed up at home and has been acting like nothing is wrong. He hasn't said anything publicly so we don't know how he has been acting.

We know he didn't go to her parents when he came home without her and tell them anything that happened.
Even if he didn't murder her we know that she did not return with him and she is considered a missing person. He has done nothing to help find her. His silence in that case speaks volumes.

Especially if she was in a state of mind where she could do something to harm herself. What kind of fiance just leaves her completely alone 1000's of miles away from home. Even if she was in her right mind, you don't just take the vehicle they were sharing and not let someone else know what her plans were to get back home.

Just from the little I’ve read, I think they both were emotionally/mentally fragile with different issues going on - her maybe more so than him.

And I wouldn’t have a hard time believing a scenario in which they had another fight, &, this time, he drove off w/o her. And then something happened to her.

And he’s now afraid & embarrassed to come forward w/ anything because he knows, even if he didn’t outright kill her, leaving her behind was a horrible, jerky thing to do.

And I’m also intrigued by the possibility that there’s a connection between her disappearance & the murder of the newlywed couple in which one half of the couple worked at the place where Gabby & her boyfriend had the witnessed fight.

Admittedly from reading the news, I immediately thought he was guilty. After watching the video, I’m unsure. It seems like she was the aggressor and its hard to believe he could have killed her, unless she was abusing him so relentlessly that he just mentally snapped.

Right? So it's not just me?

It would have been like the Roadrunner leaving Wile E. Coyote with a puff and trail of smoke.

I hope he didn't do anything to her but I had the desire to just leave and forget about her existing after that video I can't imagine being in a car with her for weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter