Gabby Petito

Yes you can deny talking to authorities. The fact he lawyered up so quickly isn’t good. Law Enforcement isn’t ruling out her missing and the Moab double murder connected to the case. 2 dead women where there was a text from one of them that involved a creepy man near their campsite and if something where to happen they were murdered. Then 1 missing in the same vicinity yikes.

They have probable cause to question him as person of interest and the last one seeing her alive. Unfortunately no direct evidence yet, all circumstantial evidence including the incident report which is extremely difficult to question to begin with.

Read the incident reports where it was ultimately claimed as a mental health incident as both Gabby and her Boyfriend claimed anxiety issues they don’t take medication for and the arguing was getting worse as their trip progressed vs. a domestic violence case. According to the officer she was crying the entire time.

Law enforcement already has the van. So the case is under way investigation forensics wise. Obviously they are going after cell phone records as well.

Gabby is from the area, so this has been all over the local news. They don’t have enough evidence yet to charge him with a crime. I feel terrible for her family, but unfortunately stories like this usually don’t end well. :(

As someone who did long long road trips with my live-in boyfriend (now husband) in my early 20's, this is so fascinating. Back in 2002 we hopped in his sedan for 3 weeks with a cooler and a couple suitcases with no fixed destination. That trip solidified our relationship. Everything we do together is probably rooted in what we discovered about each other (love of Disneyland, hiking, national parks, beaches, mountains, books, tacos.....)

So sad that what could be an amazing anchor in your life together turns into a missing persons thread on Reddit....

Been following this case too as it is fairly local to us. The whole thing just seems so odd.

You are under no obligation to talk to authorities. If I were accused of something like this, I would NOT answer any questions without a full legal briefing with my own attorney. And when I was ready, not when pressured.

I understand that but the woman he loved enough to ask to marry him is missing. You don't need to talk to authorities, but you could call her parents- the family that you are going to be a part of after you are married.
At this point he isn't being accused of anything because nobody knows where she is, and if anything has happened to her. He'd be helping finding his missing fiance. If he refuses to do that then he's a POS at the least and a murderer at worst.

On the one hand, he probably killed her, unfortunately. In this day and age, it is so easy to reach out and contact people that if she was okay or needed help, she would have found a way to do so.

On the other hand, once you learn about the police "questioning" process, you learn to NEVER speak to them without a lawyer present. Ever. No matter what you are accused of or even if you haven't been accused. This tactic of questioning is designed specifically to get people to admit to having done something, even if they are completely innocent. It's a psychological mind "screw." It is never in your best interest to voluntarily go in for questioning.

Last edited:
I've also had the fleeting thought that this is some kind of planned stunt for attention. The fact that she is "social media" and YouTube "famous" means she is out for attention and, sadly, people have faked their own disappearances before. She clearly is not well, mentally, so this isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

Yeah, this doesn't surprise me at all. She honestly sounds like a train wreck. I don't know if I think the boyfriend is guilty after all. Domestic violence where the woman is the aggressor can be kind of embarrassing for a lot of men. I can see how if she flew off the handle and stomped off it would be hard for a man to admit to having been attacked by his girlfriend. And if he had self defense injuries, it is very easy to see how that could be interpreted as him attacking her.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for abusers, regardless of gender. The fact that she got this hysterical over a stupid blog and physically attacked her boyfriend is not good for her image here.

I've also had the fleeting thought that this is some kind of planned stunt for attention. The fact that she is "social media" and YouTube "famous" means she is out for attention and, sadly, people have faked their own disappearances before. She clearly is not well, mentally, so this isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.
Ugh. I hope not! Sorry. That sounds bad. Obviously I’d love her to be found alive but if it’s a stunt?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!