• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FYI - Nikon battery recall

JudithM

DIS Veteran
http://www.nikonusa.com/email_images/nikonusa/service_advisory/battery.html

A friend brought this to our attention. I know several folks here have the Nikon cameras/batteries in this recall. My husband called Nikon the other night. We chose to have them send the replacement right away & temporarily charge our credit card. When we receive the new battery we will areturn the recalled one in the Nikon packaging. The other option was to send Nikon the recalled battery before they send the new one. With the holidays we wanted to get the replacement one as soon as possible.

I just did this. Piece of cake. I also had them send the replacement first. When the battery arrived, I just swapped the new battery with the old one. Nikon sends a prepaid shipping envelope. Just dropped the old battery in the envelope and handed it back to the UPS guy. Simple.

Ken

We're still waiting for our replacement battery to arrive, but who knows during the holiday season. It'll get here!

We lucked out with our battery. It wasn't one of the ones that was recalled but other I know have had good luck getting their battery pretty quickly.

We never heard anything more from Nikon, so we called back last night. They had databse problems & lost a lot of info. So we gave them the info again. Hopefully we will finally get the replacement battery SOON.

OT, but.....We like to keep extra batteries around, just in case. I found the replacement battery for the Nikon EN-EL3 E battery at SterlingTek .

We ordered 3 of them and they were 9.99 each, plus S&H. They work just fine, in case there are any other bargain hunters out there!

This now explains why my new Nikon D50 that I got a few weeks ago came with the EN-EL3a instead of the EN-EL3 that the description said. Fine by me, I get a stronger battery and don't have to send one back. Double bonus. :cool1:

handicap18 said:
This now explains why my new Nikon D50 that I got a few weeks ago came with the EN-EL3a instead of the EN-EL3 that the description said. Fine by me, I get a stronger battery and don't have to send one back. Double bonus. :cool1:

Same here :cool1:

My brother, on the other hand, had a recall battery. Lucky for him, he has been doing business with the same camera store for so long, that they swapped it out for him on the spot.

Chris

Our new battery arrived, & I will be sending the recalled one back tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter