Fun, Sun & Strong Water Rum...*Yo-Ho*...23 Nights @ Sapphire Falls...A May 2022 TR

I am SO behind so I am cheating and started with the latest post and will go backward. LOL. Anyway, so happy for Kyle!!!! Sounds like a great fit career-wise.

I am not sure if I told you this story -- a few months before we divorced, my then-husband, Davy, and I went to Disney and Universal for Davy's 5th birthday. Davy just kept banging his face in -- he fell at Tom Sawyer's island (my ex wasn't paying attention when I took literally a ten minute break in the shade), he bumped into a pole when my ex was pulling him along at the race track at Disney, and he fell on his face at a picnic table. My ex was sure then I was going to divorce him (I was). But, I know none of that was on purpose -- but it DID look like we had beaten the poor kid. Spiderman -when there used to be a character lunch at Confisco Grill -- spent like 30 minutes straight with Davy. Probably trying to figure out if he needed to call social services or just put us in a web prison right there. But, it just delighted Davy. He was and still is a HUGE Spidey fan -- I'm sure probably not the "same one" you met as this was obviously 10 years ago, but I still have a soft spot for the guy.

I will try to catch up -- thought things were going back to normal, but my tennis team just got invited to a five-state-area competition so I am rushing to get ready for that.

Oh good lord that`s actually quite scary!!! Poor Davy getting bashed like that, even by accident!!

Yes, Spider-Man would have been observing I`m sure.........I do remember the character meals there.

Thanks so much 🥰......he is blending in wonderfully with this firm and career wise, it`s perfect for him!

Good luck with the tennis........ :wave2:

Just finished your trip report - Wow!!! It is my favourite read. The details you add are so helpful……I’ve taken notes for our trip in August. Although I’m still nervous about Velociraptor.😜 Thank you for all the wonderful pictures and making us smile and laugh along the way.
Brenda😀

Awww....thanks so much Brenda...... 🥰

Oh you have to go on the VC!!!! And I want to hear how much you enjoyed it afterwards.......::yes::

And thank you for all the lovely comments along the way, I enjoyed reading them all. Hope you have an absolutely wonderful trip next month, I`m excited for you going back....:wave2:

I can't believe this trip is over already!!! Time sure did fly by!!! :duck: I don't think 23 days is enough... It goes by to fast in my opinon!!!!

So glad only one suitcase was a bit overweight... Guess that means you didn't shop enough!!! :rotfl2:

July is almost over, August will go by fast and then it's September and you'll be back!!! The countdown has begun!!! :cheer2:

Thank you for sharing your trip with us!!! And tell Kyle congrats on his new job!!!

I can't believe this trip is over already!!! Time sure did fly by!!! :duck: I don't think 23 days is enough... It goes by to fast in my opinon!!!!

So glad only one suitcase was a bit overweight... Guess that means you didn't shop enough!!! :rotfl2:

July is almost over, August will go by fast and then it's September and you'll be back!!! The countdown has begun!!! :cheer2:

Thank you for sharing your trip with us!!! And tell Kyle congrats on his new job!!!

I certainly will pass that on Nancy, thank you....we`re still so thrilled for him with this!

I`ll tell Tom 23 nights is not enough......lol....it was so lovely as nothing felt rushed and we were so relaxed although we did seem to be busy a lot.

I`ve told all my friends......(even you Felicity) that I`m not shopping for anyone this upcoming trip......only for us, and we hope to get away with 3 suitcases......I groaned a lot at having to hustle 2 full suitcases......lol.....

Yep, 5 weeks tomorrow till we leave for the airport :cheer2:

And thank you for the lovely comments along the way, I`m so glad you enjoyed it, and hope to see you on the next one too.....hope you`re doing ok.....☺️

I am sad this report is done now :sad: but it was a great report. I can't wait for your new trip report to start!!!!!

Thanks so much Pumpkin......I`m so glad you enjoyed it and thank you for your comments along with the way. I always love writing them, so next one will be soon-ish.......::yes::

Look forward to seeing you there........ :wave2:

Thanks so much for taking us all along on your travels. Loved reading your report- Tom’s photos are fab! Delighted for your son that he’s enjoying his new job. Can’t wait to hear all about your next adventure

Oh thank you luvpoohandcompany.....it was a pleasure and thank you for keeping me company along the way too!

I`ll pass those comments on to my two.......thank you!

It`s 5 weeks today till we leave for our overnight at the airport....so yes, getting excited for that now too.......look forward to seeing you there too :wave2:

Every time you visit, it's another great UO vacation for me - it feels like I'm right there with you. If you ever visit Key West, I think you'll enjoy the Papa Pilar rum tour. I believe there are samples at the end :woohoo:

Every time you visit, it's another great UO vacation for me - it feels like I'm right there with you. If you ever visit Key West, I think you'll enjoy the Papa Pilar rum tour. I believe there are samples at the end :woohoo:

Someone mention Rum????? 😁

i-5VpvLNs-Th.gif

That looks an amazing tour for a distillery!! And samples too.....oh yeah.......

I had no idea they did a blonde rum, we`ll look for that in September and bring it home with us, there are some nice cocktail recipes on their site with both blonde and dark.

Thanks so much for the lovely words shh....always glad to see you comment along the way...:wave2:

Reactions: shh
I know you've already got the other PTR going but just wanted to pop in now that I've finished and say thanks for this one! Always a treat to read.

Thanks so much musika......I`m so glad you enjoyed it, it was fun writing it and hope to see you on the next one too!!

Schumigirl, I absolutely love your TRs! They are amazing and have me looking into Universal this fall!

Thank you for the Virgin Atlantic tip! I don't know that we will fly anyone else trans Atlantic and longer! I have the exact same photos of the Nice Sauvignon Blanc flying Virgin to London back late May on our trip to Greece! We were supposed to fly back through London and spend time for the Queen's Jubilee but our flight got cancelled last minute out of Mykonos back to London and we had to fly home through Paris (Paris is my heart and I always love extra time there). The good news is that Air France upgraded us to business and we got to drink Sancerre instead of Sauvignon Blanc on the way back to the states.

BTW, that bird that kid was taunting would have taken the kids finger off if the kid had gotten too close. Those beaks have razor sharp edges and snap a grown snake or rodent in half.

Can't wait for your September trip!

Schumigirl, I absolutely love your TRs! They are amazing and have me looking into Universal this fall!

Thank you for the Virgin Atlantic tip! I don't know that we will fly anyone else trans Atlantic and longer! I have the exact same photos of the Nice Sauvignon Blanc flying Virgin to London back late May on our trip to Greece! We were supposed to fly back through London and spend time for the Queen's Jubilee but our flight got cancelled last minute out of Mykonos back to London and we had to fly home through Paris (Paris is my heart and I always love extra time there). The good news is that Air France upgraded us to business and we got to drink Sancerre instead of Sauvignon Blanc on the way back to the states.

BTW, that bird that kid was taunting would have taken the kids finger off if the kid had gotten too close. Those beaks have razor sharp edges and snap a grown snake or rodent in half.

Can't wait for your September trip!

I`m so glad your trip went well!!! I did wonder how you got on in Greece. And glad you got to spend some extra time in Paris. Folks ask why we are so loyal to VA.....well, yes, they may be more expensive usually, but we like the service and flying direct is very important to us. Some folks stop over in places like Philly or similar.....nope, no interest in doing that, it`s a long enough flight as it is.

But, I`m happy to hear you enjoyed flying with them.

I wouldn`t have blamed that bird if it had pecked at that kid who was being a brat. It was the lack of concern from the parents over kid and bird safety that really amazed me. Wow, I didn`t realise they have such lethal beaks either.

Yep, we are excited for September too!!!!

You`re so welcome. lol......yes, pale folks do stand out at times!!!

I know what you mean, we can all enjoy drinks with kids around and they won`t be the only kids there.

Honestly, I think you`ll love it.
@schumigirl I know this is MONTHS later (I'm currently reading your Sept trip report!) but I wanted to say... we just got back from our New Year's trip and we absolutely LOVED Strong Water. I saw "Carole's Punch" on the menu and got a big smile... didn't try it but I did have the Rum Revival which was YUM. Our server was Shannon and everything was delicious. We tried the goat on her recommendation and my 10 year old son said it was the best dish there. We also had:

Tuna Tiradito - loved it, particularly the little melon balls
Camarones al Aijillo (my daughter literally drank the sauce with a straw which was a bit embarrassing but I wanted to as well so I don't blame her)
Duck Confit Pionono - our second favorite dish of the night, sooooo good.
Surf & Turf Pinchos - a bit dry but still flavorful.
Tequenos - this was my daughter's favorite dish, right up her alley. I loved it too.
We also got the sliders and the buttermilk chicken tenders for my son as he is the picky eater but we didn't need them - he loved everything we got. The hot dishes did take a long time to come out but were worth the wait.

My husband is still raving about the place and we are going back in February so woo hoo! Sadly, the sticky ribs at Confiscos were not as good this time. The sauce was a bit unbalanced and my ribs were ice cold despite the hot polenta. BUT we did go to The Palm for NYE dinner - we were totally underdressed but wanted something special. That was also fantastic and the service was impeccable.

Anyway just wanted to say thank you. I didn't tell anyone there that I "know" you lol.

@schumigirl I know this is MONTHS later (I'm currently reading your Sept trip report!) but I wanted to say... we just got back from our New Year's trip and we absolutely LOVED Strong Water. I saw "Carole's Punch" on the menu and got a big smile... didn't try it but I did have the Rum Revival which was YUM. Our server was Shannon and everything was delicious. We tried the goat on her recommendation and my 10 year old son said it was the best dish there. We also had:

Tuna Tiradito - loved it, particularly the little melon balls
Camarones al Aijillo (my daughter literally drank the sauce with a straw which was a bit embarrassing but I wanted to as well so I don't blame her)
Duck Confit Pionono - our second favorite dish of the night, sooooo good.
Surf & Turf Pinchos - a bit dry but still flavorful.
Tequenos - this was my daughter's favorite dish, right up her alley. I loved it too.
We also got the sliders and the buttermilk chicken tenders for my son as he is the picky eater but we didn't need them - he loved everything we got. The hot dishes did take a long time to come out but were worth the wait.

My husband is still raving about the place and we are going back in February so woo hoo! Sadly, the sticky ribs at Confiscos were not as good this time. The sauce was a bit unbalanced and my ribs were ice cold despite the hot polenta. BUT we did go to The Palm for NYE dinner - we were totally underdressed but wanted something special. That was also fantastic and the service was impeccable.

Anyway just wanted to say thank you. I didn't tell anyone there that I "know" you lol.

I`m so glad you posted DisGhost!!!!

I was wondering how your trip went and hoped you`d come back and say you had a wonderful time!

Those dishes are all amazing ::yes:: .....I haven`t tried the Duck Confit yet, but will in May. Tuna Tiradito is one of my favourite dishes, but then so is the camarones....lol....spoilt for choice. All the dishes they serve are just fabulous and I`m so glad you enjoyed them all......I will say they do love hearing folks tell them they heard of dishes/drinks or the place itself from my TR`s.....lol......feel free to mention you know the TR`s!!

Confisco was the same for us, ribs were cold, seems to be a pattern there, and I`m so happy you loved The Palm, they really do know how to cook a steak.

You have to try Carole`s Punch next time....let me know what you think.....I`m excited you`re going back in February, the Rum Revival is lovely, heck they`re all lovely!!! Shannon is very nice, I don`t know her very well.....if you can get Maggie or Demi or Reuben or Oscar or Alexis......you get the idea...lol......they`re all amazing!

But, thank you so much for coming back to let us know how it went, I really am so happy you enjoyed Strong Water as much......:wave2:

I`m so glad you posted DisGhost!!!!

I was wondering how your trip went and hoped you`d come back and say you had a wonderful time!

Those dishes are all amazing ::yes:: .....I haven`t tried the Duck Confit yet, but will in May. Tuna Tiradito is one of my favourite dishes, but then so is the camarones....lol....spoilt for choice. All the dishes they serve are just fabulous and I`m so glad you enjoyed them all......I will say they do love hearing folks tell them they heard of dishes/drinks or the place itself from my TR`s.....lol......feel free to mention you know the TR`s!!

Confisco was the same for us, ribs were cold, seems to be a pattern there, and I`m so happy you loved The Palm, they really do know how to cook a steak.

You have to try Carole`s Punch next time....let me know what you think.....I`m excited you`re going back in February, the Rum Revival is lovely, heck they`re all lovely!!! Shannon is very nice, I don`t know her very well.....if you can get Maggie or Demi or Reuben or Oscar or Alexis......you get the idea...lol......they`re all amazing!

But, thank you so much for coming back to let us know how it went, I really am so happy you enjoyed Strong Water as much......:wave2:
I forgot to mention that I knew about the secret walkway to Sapphire Falls because of you... husband was impressed. But every time I knew something, he would very suspiciously ask "is this because of that lady you read?" Yes, yes it is. ::yes:: It was our first time over there and we loved the look and feel of the place. We always do RPR or PBR because we want the EP for our family of 4 and it's cheaper that way but we both agreed that if we ever get to go without the kids we would stay there. I got a weird little twinge going up those spiral stairs you always have pictures of. You do so well at taking pictures that I get deja vu now. Like have I been here before, or is it just Carole again? :rotfl2:

I forgot to mention that I knew about the secret walkway to Sapphire Falls because of you... husband was impressed. But every time I knew something, he would very suspiciously ask "is this because of that lady you read?" Yes, yes it is. ::yes:: It was our first time over there and we loved the look and feel of the place. We always do RPR or PBR because we want the EP for our family of 4 and it's cheaper that way but we both agreed that if we ever get to go without the kids we would stay there. I got a weird little twinge going up those spiral stairs you always have pictures of. You do so well at taking pictures that I get deja vu now. Like have I been here before, or is it just Carole again? :rotfl2:

lol......I love it!!!!

Sapphire is quite an amazing hotel, we really love it as much as RP and for a couples trip it would be lovely just the two of you.

That`s so funny on the stairs......lol......I always remember someone a few years ago telling me her husband was annoyed as she was constantly saying, but Carole says she wouldn`t do it that way........:rotfl:

Wouldn`t be the first time I`d been called an annoying know it all......:rolleyes1.

But, I`m so glad you had such a lovely time there.....:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter