Fun DAS Pixie Dust yesterday at DCA

DLgal

DIS Veteran
So, I had a very fun interaction with GR at DCA yesterday when getting a return time for Radiator Springs Racers. It was a VERY busy day and the standby wait was 130 minutes. When I asked for the return time, the CM asked me "Would you like to play a trivia game?" I said "sure." She asked me if I could name 9 rides in Disneyland and DCA where guests ride in a car. I named 4 right away, but the rest took me a good 3 minutes to come up with. I did get them all! The CM did not give me any hints, but encouraged me to keep guessing, even after I had come up with 7 and said "there's more than that? I can't think of what they are."

When I got all 9, she said "Congratulations, you are one of a very small number of people who has been able to name all 9. Each ride was worth 5 minutes off your wait time. Your return time will be in 75 minutes."

I was like, "Are you serious? Thank you!!!"

Unfortunately, the ride went down and we ended up leaving for the day due to the heavy crowds and heat, so didn't get to ride. It was a nice pixie dust moment, though!

FWIW, for the past few weeks using the DAS, our return times have been 15 minutes less than the posted wait time. I know this came up in a discussion recently.

That’s pretty cool I have to say. The CMs probably don’t have any ability to give you an immediate or short return time when it’s busy, but they may be able to shave the time a little like that depending on what’s going on.

130 minutes isn't too bad considering that on Saturday evening the DAS return time was 3 hours. Yeah... we opted for IC instead. Good job on the trivia question!

That’s pretty cool I have to say. The CMs probably don’t have any ability to give you an immediate or short return time when it’s busy, but they may be able to shave the time a little like that depending on what’s going on.
They can give you a return time for as soon as 10 minutes. I know a CM for 4 years he work MK PAC and has helped me though a few meltdown we have gotten to know each other quite well thoug the years he move to Pandora and on my birthday trip changed my FOP DAS to just 5 minutes( return time) he said he had to put a time in and 5 minute was the least amount of time It was a great surprise that he did this for me.

Op I can remember getting to sit in the front of the monorail if you could answer a Disney trivia question.

They can give you a return time for as soon as 10 minutes. I know a CM for 4 years he work MK PAC and has helped me though a few meltdown we have gotten to know each other quite well thoug the years he move to Pandora and on my birthday trip changed my FOP DAS to just 5 minutes( return time) he said he had to put a time in and 5 minute was the least amount of time It was a great surprise that he did this for me.

Op I can remember getting to sit in the front of the monorail if you could answer a Disney trivia question.

Yep, they can choose any return time they want. That is why it takes so long, because they are selecting the return time after first checking what the standby time is. They have a pull down menu with return times in increments of 5 minutes. I saw the screen.

Yep, they can choose any return time they want. That is why it takes so long, because they are selecting the return time after first checking what the standby time is. They have a pull down menu with return times in increments of 5 minutes. I saw the screen.
I have heard it comes up with the right wait time ( what ever the wait time is -10 minutes ) first this is why it takes a minute then the CM can adjust as needed I have had a number of times (at apace) when the CM found out I am by myself they ask if I want to go right then since they normally need a single rider to fill set most of the time I tell them I am not ready so they just do 5 minutes and tell me to come back any time. But yes there is a lot of adjusting the CM can do but there is still a set system of the CM is not good at math or is following the rules ( witch I do not mind). Also when they restart the system they have to pick what park they are at and also why attraction they are at both have pull down tabs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!