Full Fantasy Cruise

Bridgett_Anna

Mouseketeer
Hello! I’m going on the fantasy in a few days. I’ve very excited! This will be my 15th Disney Cruise. Now this is the first time I’m going on a cruise that has zero cabins left. Has anyone experienced a cruise where there were that many people onboard? Is it as packed and hectic as I think it will be? Thank you so much for your time!

Hello! I’m going on the fantasy in a few days. I’ve very excited! This will be my 15th Disney Cruise. Now this is the first time I’m going on a cruise that has zero cabins left. Has anyone experienced a cruise where there were that many people onboard? Is it as packed and hectic as I think it will be? Thank you so much for your time!
It can definitely feel more crowded. One tip is to realize that you may not be able to do everything you want to do. Just do what you can and enjoy it. Remember, it's a vacation, it's OK to just sit in a deck chair and watch the sea go by.

The fact that all staterooms are sold is less important than the number of total guests onboard. We've had sold out cruises with very little people in public spaces, but we were sailing at times when kids were still in school. If every bed is filled, it will show around the pool, in the theater, at Cabanas, during a deck party, and when getting off the ship in ports.

The difference is negligible. Most cruises are almost sold out by the time they sail. I have not really noticed a difference. We have been on 14 during various times of year, and with sold out cruises, and others that seemed to have many rooms available.

I have seen the sign saying that Captain Mickey reports all cabins are occupied on most of my cruises. I haven't noticed a difference in crowds on the sailing that have that sign compared to those that don't. Generally, the deck parties, the pool, and the photo areas on formal night are always crowded, but otherwise, the crowds seem to spread out enough that a few dozen more people won't be noticeable.

As it is summer, my guess is that it will feel more crowded due to the number of 3, 4, and 5 person rooms being full (vs double occupancy mostly). But I bet it will still be a fantastic time :)

Our first cruise on the fantasy was a sold out sailing. It was fabulous. Plenty of loungers on deck 13 whenever we needed one. The boat did not feel crowded at all. It was a late September sailing.

Our first cruise on the fantasy was a sold out sailing. It was fabulous. Plenty of loungers on deck 13 whenever we needed one. The boat did not feel crowded at all. It was a late September sailing.

Just in case the OP (or anyone else reading) is new, the forward section of Deck 13 is 18+ only.

This is good to hear since I'll be sailing 9/21 on the Fantasy :-)

I sailed on the Fantasy for the first time last April after a bunch of sailings on the Magic. Was worried it would be too crowded but it honestly felt like the same crowd level. More people, obviously, but bigger ship. It probably helps that we never sail during school breaks...

As it is summer, my guess is that it will feel more crowded due to the number of 3, 4, and 5 person rooms being full (vs double occupancy mostly).

That's right. Consider that the Fantasy has a guest capacity of 4000, but only 1250 guest staterooms. So, the average occupancy has to be 3.2 guests per stateroom in order for there to be 4000 guests on board. I realize that some do get 4 or 5 people per room, but there are also lots of people that travel double occupancy, and even a few singles. My guess would be that they can get close to the 4000 limit only when school is out, such that there's a higher percentage of larger families on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!