Full day MK vs Mickey Not So scary Halloween Party

Pang

Earning My Ears
So I was wondering, Would it be worth it to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (park tickets prices are somewhat similar) to "avoid" the crowds and spend the earlier part of the day relaxing and doing other things or would it just be as crowded as during the day? We're a group of 4 adults.

So I was wondering, Would it be worth it to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (park tickets prices are somewhat similar) to "avoid" the crowds and spend the earlier part of the day relaxing and doing other things or would it just be as crowded as during the day? We're a group of 4 adults.

That's a tough question, but I would say that it depends on how into Halloween/MNSSHP our group is. If they are, then they will likely appreciate MNSSHP with the special parade and fireworks. If not, I might recommend a day ticket. One thing I like to do is either do a party on my arrival day, or do a water park earlier in the day and then the party that evening. Remember than you can get into MK at 4 PM with a party ticket. Also, certain attractions are not open for the party, so you may want to hit those. Many rides during MNSSHP will be short, but a few may be long, like Haunted Mansion, so be prepared for that too.

I'm testing this theory this year. I know it worked in reverse last Party year... we went to MK on a party day and had crazy low wait times at MK up until 2 p.m.

100% go to MK on a party day. Get there as early as you can and you'll have low waits all day. Last time I did it, I got 18 attractions and a sit down lunch done by 3:30pm. Then the crowds descended for the party. (Pre Covid days, not sure how busy the parties will be this year.) Don't know how long this strategy will be viable. Parties became too crowded once word got out about low wait times. Same with After Hours events. So we'll see.

I've done the party twice and see no need to ever do it again. (I'm not a Halloween person.)

If your main concern is getting on rides, then a normal park ticket with Genie+ will get you lower wait times and more rides than the party. If you're a fan of the castle stage shows, parades, and special fireworks, then I would do the party and get on a few rides in between.

I did that last year and it worked really well for me (single adult, been before)

We did this last year during our Universal Trip, got tickets to the Merriest After Hours event. It worked out well for us (5 adults, 2 kids). This year we're doing the Halloween party as our MK day (but hopping over at 2, not starting the day at MK).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter