fuel rods locations

Which seems like to me will make little to no sense at all. I get why folks need these in the parks, we have ourselves. But wouldn't most everyone at the resorts have the ability to charge their phone in their room? Am I the only one confused why they added all the resort options?
I think it is another factor of convenience. Most people are through their resort's lobby at some point during the day, so having the option of dropping off/picking up a fuel rod right there is nice, I suppose.

Which seems like to me will make little to no sense at all. I get why folks need these in the parks, we have ourselves. But wouldn't most everyone at the resorts have the ability to charge their phone in their room? Am I the only one confused why they added all the resort options?

For my vacation style, I like the fact that the kiosks are starting to be installed at resorts. When returning to your resort, I can drop off a spent Fuel Rod and get a fresh one before heading out again. During the middle of the day, I usually don't spend enough time in my room to meaningfully charge my phone. This is making the Fuel Rods more valuable, at least to me personally.

People will probably have a dead one from the parks that they can swap out before they head out or when they get back to the hotels.

Yeah, I agree, but I wonder if it is more about the visibility so people buy them in the first place. They may get more exposure at a resort than in their sometimes tucked away locations in the parks.

I never reported back after our April trip, but we loved them! So convenient to swap out, and they gave me peace of mind when splitting up with our teenagers. I also like the size for at home and I just keep one in the bottom of my purse now.

People will probably have a dead one from the parks that they can swap out before they head out or when they get back to the hotels.
We just charged ours when in the room for the night. It charges with a regular USB port. So we really never had a need to swap it out but for in the parks. But I guess we are not the norm

The visibility thing PP mentioned does make sense though. We would have never known about it had it not been a blog post somewhere. The kiosks are not obvious in the parks, that's for sure. And it's hard as heck to search online for a list of locations. Though I admit to be search challenged in general

We just charged ours when in the room for the night. It charges with a regular USB port. So we really never had a need to swap it out but for in the parks. But I guess we are not the norm

The visibility thing PP mentioned does make sense though. We would have never known about it had it not been a blog post somewhere. The kiosks are not obvious in the parks, that's for sure. And it's hard as heck to search online for a list of locations. Though I admit to be search challenged in general
You can search for them on mde. Go to guest service tab then click on portable phone charging kiosks and it'll show you exactly where they are

Personally, I think they are worth it. The fuel rod works for my family. I like the fact that we use it to charge one phone then swap it out for a new one and charge another phone. If you are traveling with a group, teenagers, or someone who takes alot of pictures, it really is convenient.

Does the Fuel rod come with charging cords?
Each initial purchase comes with a 6” USB Type-A to Micro-USB adapter cable (most Android devices), along with an Apple 30-pin (iPod, iPhone Gen 1-4) and Apple Lightning (Apple Gen 5+) adapters.

Personally, I think they are worth it. The fuel rod works for my family. I like the fact that we use it to charge one phone then swap it out for a new one and charge another phone. If you are traveling with a group, teenagers, or someone who takes alot of pictures, it really is convenient.

I agree. We’re headed to WDW for th first time since these were introduced to the parks and the convenience factor is what make these worth the cost. They are by no means the best portable battery around, but knowing that I can constantly get fresh ones throughout the day and keep my phone and my wife’s charged is key. Other batteries are better, but if they die and I can’t recharge it, I might be out of luck for the rest of the day.

These things are amazing. Sure they might not be the best battery but who cares just swap it out when its dead. I should have purchased before i got to disney and saved $10 but phone was at 10% and we were going to head to a Character dinner and i needed my phone. Bought one in the magic kingdom at it was a live saver. It comes with the cords and charged my phone to a full charge. Highly recommend.

Bought one yesterday and it charged my 6S from 5% to 95%. Traded it in 3 times over a day to charge 2 phones and it’s already worth it IMO.

We bought one at the phila airport. Just as AngiTN said, we have a bunch of other chargers, but this one is so tiny and can be swapped when dead. This last trip, between the whole family, we had 4 little fans and 4 phones. That fuel rod was charging something all the time. When ever I passed a swap location, I got a new one. It's small enough we can plug it into one of the fans for the baby strollers and using a velcro strip, hook it on somewhere. We did bring along a longer charging cord to use.

The only issue I had (aside from my own stupidity when I first tried to exchange it), was the location near dumbo, the screen said THANK YOU. No way that I could see to make the screen change so I could swap one.

I do wish there was some indicator on how much power is left in it, which is why I always swapped them when I had the chance.

I love the Fuelrods! I have a great Anker charger that I use most of the time, but I love the convenience of not having to remember to recharge my portable battery in addition to my phone each night. Epcot's my favorite park, so I'd swap the fuelrod out a few times throughout the day when walking around World Showcase. And then at night, I'd swap for a fresh one in my resort for the next day's use.

I think the Fuel Rods locations in the resorts are likely more there for visibility for initial purchases. It is likely that most swaps will occur in the parks. We bought a Fuel Rod on our trip in August, and I have to say that it was very convenient. Only down side to it for me right now is that I just upgraded to a new phone which has a USB C connector. I can, of course, purchase a small adapter to connect the USB Micro connector on the charging cord to my USB C port. I would expect that probably in the not too distant future, we will see Fuel Rods coming with a USB C adapter.

At Disney right now... Did the Grand Floridian kiosk get removed? If not, where is it exactly? TIA!

Does the Fuel rod come with charging cords?
they do, but just be aware, I keep my iPhone in an Otterbox defender at the parks, and the lightning part they provide is juuuuuuust a hair too wide to fit. Like it’s so close that if I take the whole case off, plug it in and put the case back on, it works.
But that’s a hassle, so I just keep a genuine lighting cable in my park bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter