fuel rods locations

Ckleiber2365

Mouseketeer
this has probably asked all ready but dose disney world still have fuel rods places to trade out the dead ones i have looked on there website and it says no locations found i am here now and was just wondering i also search this forums but only found stuff that was older thanks and sorry if this was all ready asked or poster

Fuel Rods are still available.

These are the original locations (wdwnt.com):
  • Magic Kingdom
    • Tomorrowland Light and Power Co.
    • Big Top Souvenirs
    • Pecos Bill’s
    • Curtain Call Collectibles
  • Epcot
    • Disney Traders
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios
    • Celebrity 5 & 10
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom
    • Island Mercantile
  • Disney Springs
    • Marketplace Disney Photo Imaging
    • DisneyQuest
  • ESPN Wide World of Sports
    • ESPN Clubhouse Shop

some of them are now themed and easy to miss.. (like the pecos bill one that's hiding in with the fixin bar).

Also they are in mde on map under guest services and look for the lightning bolt on the map.

At Epcot they have added 2 more:
One at the photo store in the front by Spaceship Earth (forget the name)
and another at the International gateway gift shop
AT Hollywood Studios:
Inside PizzeRizzo and at Rock n Rollercoaster gift shop
There are some resorts that have a station now

The review I read on them states they only give about 75% charge. Just easier to buy one for 1/2 the price off Amazon and recharge it at night

The review I read on them states they only give about 75% charge. Just easier to buy one for 1/2 the price off Amazon and recharge it at night
Yes this is correct.
The rods are awful as chargers go
But when you are stuck in the park and forget your charger they are better than nothing.
And being able to turn it in and get another will get you a full charge. Eventually.
So anyway, we do have one and it does suck but now that we have it we always stick it in our pocket as we head out that day, just in case.
Our good chargers are very heavy and some days we just don't want to drag it around.
Sort of depends on our plans for the day. If we know we are gone open to close we'll bring it.
If we aren't as sure, we don't. Knowing the fuel rod is there is a nice back up.
For whatever reason, some days my phone eats battery and other days it doesn't. On those battery eating days I'm glad I've got an option.

I don't find this to be a problem. It sounds like you don't already have one so you have no need for it at home after the trip. You also have no idea if you need it during the trip yet. There is also charging areas around the park with outlets so you do have other options.

I find on most days, I don't need to charge my phone at the park. Those rare days where I went out with a partial charge to start, 50-75% charge is more than I need to complete the day and if I need more I just swap it for a full battery and get the juice I need for that day. or we'll just swap it so someone else can get a 50-75% charge. generally about 10-20% more will get me back to the room/home and we can spread it around to everyone to top it off.

It's also extremely useful for actioncams that might need a little more juice (gopro). The ability to swap them is the best ting it doesn't matter how much charge you need, just keep swapping them for a fully charged and go on your way.

How much do the fuel rods cost and where can you purchase them?

$30, (check your airport on the way to disney, it's not a disney specific battery and you might find it for $20). You need a credit card or cash as it's a vending machine.

You can also buy it direct but you may not use it at all so if you have no other use for it, I'd pay the extra $10 and just wait personally. I've only needed a battery once at disney and that's because I forgot my charge cable to just plug in while taking a quick break.

Might be interested in Tom Bricker's thoughts on these:

http://www.disneytouristblog.com/dont-recommend-fuelrods/

Of course, YMMV
Yeah, he completely left out those like me. Who have fabulous very high capacity chargers for my cell phone but don't always want to drag them around or don't plan ahead properly. They work great when your only other option is a totally dead battery
Otherwise I agree with him. They are dismal chargers as far as chargers go and you can get a great one for the same, or even less.

I plan on getting one as my trip gets closer. It's not yet time to get a new phone for me, but something has happened with the battery. Some days it works fine and some days I check my email to find that the 3 minutes of looking at subject lines has eaten 40% of my charge. I'll never make it through a park day at this point.

I told a fellow on the bus about them on my December trip. He was talking with his wife about forgetting to bring his phone charger with him on the vacation.

He was pretty excited that he'd have a way to charge his phone. I'm glad they added new locations in Epcot, that's too big of a park to only have one area to get one.
I have my own portable chargers (2 actually) and when I am in parks all day I do use both up so it's nice knowing there are other options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter