Fuel Prices Where We Live

Northern Minnesota today up to $3.49 a gallon. Don't pay attention to diesel.
Northern MN...
Back in my over the road driving days...
Traveling back and forth from MS to Virginia, MN. I think I still have my Cotton, MN shirt somewhere.

Here in MS gas $3.29 and diesel is $3.59

Starting to feel like 2010 when we went to Yellowstone. We are still a long way from home and I would bet that regular is North of $4 by Monday.

Silver lining maybe? with these fuel prices maybe the new "covid campers" will rethink RV'ing and we can get our campgrounds back to normal
whistling.gif

I just filled the Explorer at Sam's. $3.75. Diesel is ridiculous. Glad I filled the coach in January when we got back from Disney.

View attachment 652438

Jim, if the diesel sits that long, do you have to add something like "Stabil" to the rv fuel tank? (and yes, I'm showing you I know practically nothing about running a diesel) :crazy:.

ED

Jim, if the diesel sits that long, do you have to add something like "Stabil" to the rv fuel tank?
You don't. Some diesel is susceptible to growing algae that will plug up a filter or injector pumps. I doubt freezing temps are conducive to grow algae though. They do sell algaecides, but I've never used them. I think it takes more than a few months and higher temps to create a problem. Diesel will also draw water, but that is why all diesel engines (I'm aware of) have inline water separators. I have a light on the dash when I need to drain mine.

I always fill the tank on the coach (or old truck) if it was going to sit for a while. A full tank is less likely to create a lot of water condensation.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter