Ft Wilderness Cabins

jeffann6

Mouseketeer
Can anyone make suggestions on what the best loop would be to reserve a cabin? Or cabin numbers.

Best in what regard, jeffann6?

Best as in closest to the main Trading Post and movie/campfire area?

Best as in closest to most of the parks (bus to DHS, EPCOT, or AK)?

Best as in back in a quiet corner to enjoy the peace and quiet of the woods?

Best as is near the cabin/quiet pool?

Help us help you.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Basically "Best" is highly dependent upon what your expectations are. That said, if the relative Location is the primary factor, you can start with googling "Fort Wilderness map" to see it's location. The Cabin loops are 2200 to 2800 with a couple of VIP cabins near the Settlement (IIRC).

We have stayed in the cabins for the past 6 years. And always request the same loop...2600 and one of the first 3 cabins entering the loop. We love how close it is to the Laundry and the small pool, for late night swimming. Also it is very close to the bus, however we always rent a golf cart. Our next trip we will be bringing our travel trailer down, so no cabins for us. Good Luck!!!

We have stayed in the cabins for the past 6 years. And always request the same loop...2600 and one of the first 3 cabins entering the loop. We love how close it is to the Laundry and the small pool, for late night swimming. Also it is very close to the bus, however we always rent a golf cart. Our next trip we will be bringing our travel trailer down, so no cabins for us. Good Luck!!!
Thanks

We have stayed at the cabins in 2015 and 2016 and both times were in loop 2100. We rented a golf cart and liked being as close as possible to The Settlement and the main pool.

I really like hearing what loop others prefer and why, we are looking to stay again this summer.

Last edited:
We have stayed at the cabins in 2015 and 2016 and both times were in loop 2100. We rented a golf cart and liked being as close as possible to The Settlement and the main pool.

I really like hearing what loop others prefer and why, we are looking to stay again this summer.
Do you know they removed the cabins from 2100? We liked that loop too because there was a shower house nearby if we needed a 2nd shower to get everyone ready to go. We liked the 2500 loop as it is by the pool and laundry, not too far of a walk to the outpost bus stop, and the loop is smaller so less traffic. We did not like being on the outer edge toward the road as the bus stop was right outside the bedroom window. The buses were a little annoying late at night. It didn't keep the kids awake though. Just the adults.

We were there in the middle of October & were in the 2200 loop & loved it. We had a golf cart & it made everything easier. We backed up to the main road but never really got disturbed by anything.

Do you know they removed the cabins from 2100? We liked that loop too because there was a shower house nearby if we needed a 2nd shower to get everyone ready to go. We liked the 2500 loop as it is by the pool and laundry, not too far of a walk to the outpost bus stop, and the loop is smaller so less traffic. We did not like being on the outer edge toward the road as the bus stop was right outside the bedroom window. The buses were a little annoying late at night. It didn't keep the kids awake though. Just the adults.

Thanks! I was afraid of that, I knew they hadn't renovated those cabins. Bummer, time to find a new "favorite loop" (first world problems).

I would ask to be close to the "front" of the loop so you're closer to the bus stop. Unless you rent a golf cart. We were in 2400 and it was close to bus stop and small pool. I would have preferred being less deep in the loop tho.

We've stayed in the cabins a few trips. One year I faxed a letter requesting a cabin in loop 100 and got it. It was awesome.

Sorry to hijack...
Newbie to FW (Not to WDW though, lol). We will be staying in a cabin. What would be the best loop for quiet and as far away from everything as possible? We have a golf cart reserved and we aren't doing any parks. It's a one night post Disney cruise stay, we plan to relax at the pools, ride some horses, and rent a motor boat.

Glad to have some suggestions. I think my want is to be close enough to the buses to the parks with out having to hear them early in the morning. Near a 2nd shower would be the next want if the 2 are possible.

Sorry to hijack...
Newbie to FW (Not to WDW though, lol). We will be staying in a cabin. What would be the best loop for quiet and as far away from everything as possible? We have a golf cart reserved and we aren't doing any parks. It's a one night post Disney cruise stay, we plan to relax at the pools, ride some horses, and rent a motor boat.
Here is a link to a map, about half way down thread. https://www.disboards.com/threads/fort-wilderness-resort-information-a-work-in-progress.3502095/
The blue line is the bus route.

On our last cabin stay 2300 loop was good for us Close to pool and close to bus stop Prior trip we were in 2100 and loved it but it now a full hook up but with our gang 1800 or 1600 works better for us now

Thanks! Is there not a comfort station over by 2500/2700? Looking at the map I think not on the main road on any of those 2 would be great. We'll havw a golf cart and a car and I sleep with ear plugs so really no big deal in the end.
No, there are only CS on camping loops. There is a bathroom with toilets and sinks only at the Wilderness pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter