Frozen Shoulder

Hi. I have never hear of frozen shoulder before this thread.

Do most injuries come from working out (and age lol).

Im 52, physically fit and at the gym approximately 5 times a week. What do I need to avoid? Had to stop running after I had swollen bone marrow, heel fractures and a tear in my arch but I believe that came from an incorrect cortozine shot and had a boot on for about four months. So now I have to modify on the treadmill but wondering if I need to do something different with my shoulder/back work. Part of my daily workout routine is 30 minutes on the rower and back and chest machines in addition to my uphill treadmill work.

I am terrified of needing an operation because of my working out and glad I opened this thread since when I saw the title at work today, I thought it was about pork or some kind of meat lol

Thanks.

My frozen shoulder came from a fall in the shower. I rammed my shoulder very hard into the wall of the shower when I slipped and slid across the shower. Did not hurt too badly the first day, but was horribly painful the next day and I could lift it to maybe 90 degrees.

How did it happen? I wasn't able to pin down a reason for my frozen shoulder. I just remember thinking it felt stiff and I thought "I'd better really start stretching because I don't want to get frozen shoulder!" Despite my efforts, it just kept getting worse. I work at a library and have a lot of repetitive motion, so maybe that was it? Even if it was, nothing I did was any different than what I've always done - it just happened.

I've always hooked mine from the back. Until this year of course. I hate sliding it around because I'm usually doing so after a shower and it won't slide very well.

I hadn't heard of it before either. The ortho says they see them every day in their practice.

Thanks! The funny part is that is exactly the list of what I did for about a month earlier in the year. When it didn't help, I gave up.

Thanks so much @Sabeking . She left for college 3 weeks ago and boy am I missing her.
My two girls left Saturday. We are officially empty nesters and I don’t like it!:sad:

My two girls left Saturday. We are officially empty nesters and I don’t like it!:sad:
I'm sorry. Things are pretty empty around here too. :sad:
How did it happen? I wasn't able to pin down a reason for my frozen shoulder. I just remember thinking it felt stiff and I thought "I'd better really start stretching because I don't want to get frozen shoulder!" Despite my efforts, it just kept getting worse. I work at a library and have a lot of repetitive motion, so maybe that was it? Even if it was, nothing I did was any different than what I've always done - it just happened.
I didn't injure mine either. My upper arm just got sore and the whole thing progressively got worse. The loss of range of movement came a bit later, maybe a week or two? My ortho said there's some thought that hormones can play a role and it's fairly common in menopausal women. He called me the poster child for frozen shoulder.

I'm sorry. Things are pretty empty around here too. :sad:

I didn't injure mine either. My upper arm just got sore and the whole thing progressively got worse. The loss of range of movement came a bit later, maybe a week or two? My ortho said there's some thought that hormones can play a role and it's fairly common in menopausal women. He called me the poster child for frozen shoulder.

I'm also under a lot of stress dealing with my elderly parents. I was told stress can be a big factor too.

I had this once and it took quite a while to get past it. One effective, therapist-approved exercise was to hold a light weight and let the arm gently fall while lying down.

So those of you who had frozen shoulder, how many of you went on to get it in the other side as well? Everything I read says that happens about half the time. That appears to be what's happening for me right now. I'm doing the stretches and have a return visit to the doctor in a month.

So those of you who had frozen shoulder, how many of you went on to get it in the other side as well? Everything I read says that happens about half the time. That appears to be what's happening for me right now. I'm doing the stretches and have a return visit to the doctor in a month.
It has been a couple years, and so far no problem with the other shoulder (knock on wood).

DH had it just that once in the one shoulder and never had it again. (Knock on wood!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter