Frozen Pre-Show Package - Is it worth it?

DD12 wants to do this but DH and DD16 don't. Any chance we could go do it, then save 2 seats for them once in the theater? I'd think if we put the two empty seats between us it wouldn't be too difficult.

I suspect that it would depend on the day. Technically, there are no saving of seats in the theatre, but I'm not sure how rigidly this is enforced. Pre Frozen it was very hit and miss with CM asking people to fill in gaps. With Frozen, I have heard that they are asking for people to follow the missing seats rule.

DD12 wants to do this but DH and DD16 don't. Any chance we could go do it, then save 2 seats for them once in the theater? I'd think if we put the two empty seats between us it wouldn't be too difficult.

I don't think this will work. After the pre-show guests were seated, 2 ushers came over to our row and had everyone move over 1 seat so that all seats in the row were filled. At this point, all the fastpass holders in the corrals outside were being let in, and every single seat was taken. There will be no way to "save" them once the rest of the theater starts filling.

I am posting this in all 3 frozen pre-show threads since I am not sure who, if anyone, will have the answer. :)

Someone mentioned that the pre-show only guests had different "tags" than the luncheon and pre-show guests. I am wondering if there was any designation between the different groups when going to the theater to get seats. To clarify, did the luncheon guests have the first opportunity to find seats before the pre-show only guests. I hope this makes sense.

We still haven't been to see Frozen yet and I am trying to gather all of the information before deciding what package to do. Thank you!!

I am posting this in all 3 frozen pre-show threads since I am not sure who, if anyone, will have the answer. :)

Someone mentioned that the pre-show only guests had different "tags" than the luncheon and pre-show guests. I am wondering if there was any designation between the different groups when going to the theater to get seats. To clarify, did the luncheon guests have the first opportunity to find seats before the pre-show only guests. I hope this makes sense.

We still haven't been to see Frozen yet and I am trying to gather all of the information before deciding what package to do. Thank you!!

Everyone was walked over to the theater together, and the first ones in line had the best shot at seats. Didn't matter if you had a rectangle on your lanyard (pre show only), or a snowflake (luncheon). Everyone ends up mixed together in the preshow area before the show begins, so there is no way to differentiate who bought what package. As soon as you hear the CM say, "head towards the exit", that's where you want to go, and quickly because once you're in line heading into the theater that is the order in which you will choose your seats. Hope that answers your question.

Everyone was walked over to the theater together, and the first ones in line had the best shot at seats. Didn't matter if you had a rectangle on your lanyard (pre show only), or a snowflake (luncheon). Everyone ends up mixed together in the preshow area before the show begins, so there is no way to differentiate who bought what package. As soon as you hear the CM say, "head towards the exit", that's where you want to go, and quickly because once you're in line heading into the theater that is the order in which you will choose your seats. Hope that answers your question.

That is very helpful! Thank you for the quick reply!

Thanks so much for all the information! I went ahead and booked the preshow at 2:30 for the 4p.m. show. For those of you who did this, how early do we need to show up?

i went to check out prices online and see how much it would cost for DH, myself, and my daughters. (ages 4, 8,9). it was going to charge me for "5 adults ages 10 and older". i didn't see an option to select number of kids. so regardless of age, it's $49 per person??

Does anyone have experience with the pre-show and ECVs? Three of us will be on ECVs and I'm wondering how that will work.

i went to check out prices online and see how much it would cost for DH, myself, and my daughters. (ages 4, 8,9). it was going to charge me for "5 adults ages 10 and older". i didn't see an option to select number of kids. so regardless of age, it's $49 per person??

Yes, northshoremama, it's one price for all. The lunch/dinner options offer kids pricing because they eat off the kids menu.

It's kinda crazy if you ask me. They should offer two prices. One with alcohol and one without. That would make it cheaper for kids and adults who don't drink.

Has anyone heard if there is an end date for these packages? I was looking around on the site and noticed that other things are listed out to mid September, but these packages are only available until Sept 5th.

Yes, northshoremama, it's one price for all. The lunch/dinner options offer kids pricing because they eat off the kids menu.

It's kinda crazy if you ask me. They should offer two prices. One with alcohol and one without. That would make it cheaper for kids and adults who don't drink.

Thanks for the info! DH and I will enjoy an alcoholic drink, but I do agree and it should be cheaper for the kids.

Thanks so much for all the information! I went ahead and booked the preshow at 2:30 for the 4p.m. show. For those of you who did this, how early do we need to show up?

We had this same time Wednesday. They told us to show up at 2:30. We wanted to get in a meet n greet before hand so went over around 2:20 and asked about times. We were told no need to be there right at 2:30- they wouldn't start checking in until 2:45.

We got there at 2:35 and were at the back of a line that got even longer before we were checked in. It was 3:55 before we were inside meaning we stood in the sun for 20 minutes.

So unless you don't mind your preshow time being shortened, I'd suggest being there before 2:30. Either way, our experience was you'll be waiting in line outside 20-30 minutes without a lot of shade. There is a gift where you can take turns getting out of the sun.

It's the one negative about this pkg I have- otherwise we were happy we did it. Check in was painfully slow. Seating is excellent.

Has anyone heard if there is an end date for these packages? I was looking around on the site and noticed that other things are listed out to mid September, but these packages are only available until Sept 5th.

i am curious about this as well. Does anyone know if the packages will continue after the 5th?

For those of you who have done this -- about how much of the theater was being taken up by guests who bought the packages before they let regular guests in? Just wondering how this is affecting seating for those who don't buy.

For those of you who have done this -- about how much of the theater was being taken up by guests who bought the packages before they let regular guests in? Just wondering how this is affecting seating for those who don't buy.

The seating is orchestra and not close to being filled by pkg guests.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how often they are having "technical" difficulties? I saw online that they cancelled at least 1 performance today. I was thinking about doing the lunch package in August, but I would hate for the show to be cancelled and to be out the $$$$.

We are back from out trip and I have to say that in the summer, the Frozen Pre-Show package is definitely worth it. It was nice to sit in an air conditioned building instead of waiting outside in the Fastpass line. Our kids (9 year old boy, two 14 year old girls and two 17 year old girls) had a great time taking pictures and eating the shaved ice and popcorn. In addition, we had first choice of seats (before the fast pass people) in the theater so we were able to get exactly what we wanted. Since the show is just about an hour long and Broadway quality, the cost of the pre-show made it worth it for us.

[QUOTE="Geekmom24, post: 56189382, In addition, we had first choice of seats (before the fast pass people) in the theater so we were able to get exactly what we wanted. Since the show is just about an hour long and Broadway quality, the cost of the pre-show made it worth it for us.[/QUOTE]

This is something I've been wondering about- what seats are considered the best for viewing purposes? Thank you!

We had this same time Wednesday. They told us to show up at 2:30. We wanted to get in a meet n greet before hand so went over around 2:20 and asked about times. We were told no need to be there right at 2:30- they wouldn't start checking in until 2:45.

We got there at 2:35 and were at the back of a line that got even longer before we were checked in. It was 3:55 before we were inside meaning we stood in the sun for 20 minutes.

So unless you don't mind your preshow time being shortened, I'd suggest being there before 2:30. Either way, our experience was you'll be waiting in line outside 20-30 minutes without a lot of shade. There is a gift where you can take turns getting out of the sun.

It's the one negative about this pkg I have- otherwise we were happy we did it. Check in was painfully slow. Seating is excellent.

We checked in early - around 2:00 and there was no one in line. We watched the Pete's Dragon preview and visited with Nick and Judy from Zootopia after check in to kill some time until we could actually go in at 2:45.

[QUOTE="Geekmom24, post: 56189382, In addition, we had first choice of seats (before the fast pass people) in the theater so we were able to get exactly what we wanted. Since the show is just about an hour long and Broadway quality, the cost of the pre-show made it worth it for us.

This is something I've been wondering about- what seats are considered the best for viewing purposes? Thank you![/QUOTE]

We were guided to the orchestra seating section. We chose to sit in the center section of the second set of sections. We sat in the first row behind the large aisle. The seats were behind a low wall. We choose these seats because this way we knew our 9 year old wouldn't be sitting behind an adult and therefore not able to see well. I believe you can find a seating chart online. I've tried to attach a picture. There is the stage, three sections, a large aisle, and three more sections in the orchestra seating. We sat in the middle section, in the middle of the first row in the second set of three sections. We were center stage viewing and because of the aisle, my 9 year old could see everything. The last row of the first section of orchestra seating was low enough that even with adults sitting there, he could see over them just fine.

Attachments

• hyperion_theater_seating.jpg
    hyperion_theater_seating.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 32

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter