Frontier BWI -MCO

easyas123

DIS Veteran
I noticed on our local news out of Baltimore that Frontier is now servicing MCO from BWI and thought I'd pass it on.

* I don't know anything about Frontier Airlines or their routes, could be they already went MCO, just thought I'd share. Evidently they are going to DEN as well if that interests anyone.

Interesting that Frontier is jumping in on that route with Southwest having such a heavy presence at BWI. That may spur some competition. If the price is close, I'd stick with Southwest; less add-ons and I think better options should a flight get delayed or cancelled.

Interesting that Frontier is jumping in on that route with Southwest having such a heavy presence at BWI. That may spur some competition. If the price is close, I'd stick with Southwest; less add-ons and I think better options should a flight get delayed or cancelled.

I know they have a lot of Southwest out of PHL to MCO but the price comparison is pretty drastic every time I've checked here. And Southwest doesn't have many nonstop options and those they do are usually not the times I've wanted. If you need luggage it may be closer in price, but we only fly with a personal item 90% of the time or one checked bag between the whole family so the price for Frontier has been significantly cheaper.

Question about Frontier, They are currently flying out of LIT (Little Rock) a direct flight to MCO with great prices but it stops in April and says not available for my dates in June-July. Do you think they will continue the service though the summer? I called the airport and Frontier and no one can give me a sold answer. I don't fly a lot so I don't have any idea what to do, I was gonna use Frontier because of the price and hate to spend a whole lot or I will just drive.

By now they would have had to secure gate space. No, while they might repeat the route in the future, I can't see that they would (be able to just) extend it.

I saw those Frontier flights out of Little Rock as well. A similar thing happened when I was considering a little getaway from Tulsa to San Antonio--there stopped being flight in December. I wonder if some routes are just seasonal?

I'm running into a similar dilemma in Kansas City. We've always flown Southwest, but rates are high this time round. Spirit is cheaper, but I'm nervous about booking them. (That's how I ended up seeing the Frontier flights out of LIT.) Allegiant would be a possibility too. Tough choices, as it's a considerable difference in price. And I know some people use those carriers without issue...but there's always that one horror story. Lol

I saw those Frontier flights out of Little Rock as well. A similar thing happened when I was considering a little getaway from Tulsa to San Antonio--there stopped being flight in December. I wonder if some routes are just seasonal?

I'm running into a similar dilemma in Kansas City. We've always flown Southwest, but rates are high this time round. Spirit is cheaper, but I'm nervous about booking them. (That's how I ended up seeing the Frontier flights out of LIT.) Allegiant would be a possibility too. Tough choices, as it's a considerable difference in price. And I know some people use those carriers without issue...but there's always that one horror story. Lol

There is another thread active on Frontier. If your flight is cancelled you could be stuck because they typically only fly certain days and have no backup planes.

Allegiant there was an episode of 60 Minutes on their safety. Don’t do it ! They have same issue only fly certain days and if cancellation you are stuck. My son was delayed 6 plus hours on Allegiant- empty oxygen tank that needed filling and they had none to refill with. Supposedly they had to get from Cincinnati (to Indianapolis).

Seats hard plastic and tiny

I could fly from Indy to Phoenix on Frontier and it only takes 23 HOURS!

If a cancellation could ruin an entire vacation I wouldn’t do it. On Touring plans boards last summer several people had Frontier cancel and had to drive to Disney

If a cancellation could ruin an entire vacation I wouldn’t do it. On Touring plans boards last summer several people had Frontier cancel and had to drive to Disney

Yes, this is typically why we drive to a larger airport and take Southwest. I've never wanted to chance it. We did take Spirit one time to Vegas, had one flight change issue that just caused some anxiety--didn't hurt our trip though. (Actually ended up leaving a day early, so more time on vacation is always good!) It just hurts my head to see the current flight prices on the mainstream carriers. I've never waited this long to have our airfare booked. I usually grab it right when Southwest opens the dates for our travel. It just seemed high back then as well. Here's hoping for some sort of drop that I can scoop up soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter