Frontier airlines $15 and up sale

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
I could not believe it... for us to fly round trip to orlando it is on sale $50...
We also picked up a denver trip for $30 round trip.

I'm waiting for a deal on Fridays in March! Hopefully one will be released soon.

Frontier frequently runs sales, but not for every destination. Also need to look at the TOTAL cost of the trip since it often includes charges for seat assignment/checked luggage, etc.

Frontier has been great and so cheap. We truly get the price listed on the sale b/c we don't pay for seats or checking bags, except for hockey trips we have to check 1 bag. There are people who have had bad experiences but none for any of my family members yet, knock on wood.

I have been waiting for them to open their dates for May! DH hated Frontier (had a bad experience on a late flight that got very delayed and the crew was just done with everything and everyone) until our last trip to DLR in Nov. We paid for the extra leg room, assigned seats and 1 suitcase. It was still cheaper than my favorite airline - SW. We had such a great experience on Frontier - the crew was so nice and funny, the seats were very comfortable - that now DH "approved" Frontier as an option to our trip in May to WDW :rolleyes:

I looked at their flights a few months ago and they charge for carry-ons! I could not believe that. The fares were super cheap but by the time I added up the fare, the regular fees, and bag fees (1 checked, 1 carry-on) - Southwest was cheaper by 10 bucks and I'd get an additional bag per person. And that was without any of the "optional" fees at Frontier. I was shocked since everyone is always saying they are the cheapest.

I looked at their flights a few months ago and they charge for carry-ons! I could not believe that. The fares were super cheap but by the time I added up the fare, the regular fees, and bag fees (1 checked, 1 carry-on) - Southwest was cheaper by 10 bucks and I'd get an additional bag per person. And that was without any of the "optional" fees at Frontier. I was shocked since everyone is always saying they are the cheapest.

It totally depends on how you travel. For a quick weekend getaway I find Frontier is cheaper simply because you are not charged for a small bag that can fit under the seat in front of you. For one person or a couple getting away for the weekend, it is a great option. For anyone going away for an extended period of time that will need to bring along lots of things, it is not always the best option-as you point out.

It totally depends on how you travel. For a quick weekend getaway I find Frontier is cheaper simply because you are not charged for a small bag that can fit under the seat in front of you. For one person or a couple getting away for the weekend, it is a great option. For anyone going away for an extended period of time that will need to bring along lots of things, it is not always the best option-as you point out.
It also depends on where you fly from/to. I am a die hard SW fan but Frontier (sometimes) has some great deals for us - our airport is DEN which is their hub. As long as you know the fee structure it is a good option, I look at them like the basic option similar to other bigger airlines basic fare where you pay for seat assignment and carry-ons.

I just looked and some of these roundtrip fares are cheaper than a tank of gas

It also really depends on where you fly from. We have Allegiant here in Bangor, and like Frontier it always seems like a great deal, except they only fly on Saturdays and Wednesdays. If I am going to FL and my Saturday flight is canceled (winter weather- which we have a ton of), they may or may not have space for me on the Wednesday flight. There goes vacation. Same thing coming back, only then I am missing work!

No great deals out of Bloomington. I’m still waiting on April’s schedule to be released. Apparently we are going seasonal route status. 😢👎👎👎

Even with the upcharges Frontier works out best for us. We do the works and it eliminates stress for me. I'm an overpacker so I like having a carry-on, a personal item and a checked bag plus I like knowing we'll be in the first boarding group. Flying out of my city it's cheaper than any of the other airlines even with the works.

Frontier worked out well for us on our last Disney trip a few years ago, even with all the add-ons. We didn't bring any carry-ons & just made sure we maximized the personal item for each of the kids (family of 5 at the time, now a family of 6). We also paid for one checked bag for each person. I'm thinking of using them again for our next trip in late August 2020...

Is there any way to know when the late August flights will be available for booking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!