From DCL's Web site

Originally posted by kpgclark
I find it hard to believe that women don't own at least one formal dress anyhow.

I do not own a formal dress.

That being said, I do plan to dress up for formal night if we decide to attend.

WOW!

Little did I know when I posted my original reply that it would create such controversy. I still stand by my original post, if people dress appropriately, I don't have a problem. People that show up for dinner regardless of formal night or not, in dirty clothes are just slobs and should not be excused for their ignorance.

I intend to go to formal night, wearing what I understand Disney guidelines to mean. I probably won't be the "best dressed" there, but I will enjoy myself and if I offend someone because I do not have what they deem appropriate dress, oh well.

I will say that I love these boards. They are a wealth of information and I appreciate everyone sharing their opinions with me.

Can't wait for our trip!

Don't mean to be rude, but I have much more important things in life to worry about other than what someone else is wearing. It is vacation, they paid as much as we did to cruise. If they want to dress down, whatever....it won't spoil my vacation. Just don't look at them.

Life is too short!:smooth: :jester:

Originally posted by 4cruisin
WOW!

Little did I know when I posted my original reply that it would create such controversy. I still stand by my original post, if people dress appropriately, I don't have a problem. People that show up for dinner regardless of formal night or not, in dirty clothes are just slobs and should not be excused for their ignorance.

I intend to go to formal night, wearing what I understand Disney guidelines to mean. I probably won't be the "best dressed" there, but I will enjoy myself and if I offend someone because I do not have what they deem appropriate dress, oh well.

I will say that I love these boards. They are a wealth of information and I appreciate everyone sharing their opinions with me.

Can't wait for our trip!

4Cruisin, I'm not talking about people who aren't dressed to the nines on formal night. But Disney says formal is black tie, so men should at least be in a sportcoat and tie, and women in a dress or dressy pants suit.

If I am seated with someone who can't make the effort to dress properly, I'll quickly ask to be moved. I don't want the formal dinner photo's with some slob in a smelly tank top sitting at my table. I think it's disrespectful, and if someone isn't respectful enough of their fellow passengers to dress appropriately, I don't want to be around them.

Anne

It isn't so much about worrying about other people, but about having respect for the others on the cruise who follow the dress suggestions. I still say if you refuse to dress appropriately please choose another place to eat on formal night.

I did look as good as James Bond - well, that's what dw told me...but that's for another thread.

I do not think folks should feel compelled to wear a tux. They should try - but if they can't if they atleast put the effort into dressing nice - it creates the atmosphere for the ship.

DCL provides several other dining options for those who choose to not participate in the evening's dress.

Everyone receives the dress guidelines in the mail and has plenty of time to prepare.

Coming to formal night in shorts is almost (almost) as bad as white toweling four chairs in front of the pool and not using them!

Gotta run...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter