From Certifiably Insane to Shockingly Lucid: 10/20 - TR Link Posted, We're Back!!!

We stayed at CSR in May and it was totally worth the $$ over a value IMH. We were in a renovated room (though I think they're all updated now) and it was great, hope you like it.

We had two queen beds and a nice seating area in the Casitas Building 4 with a water view of the quiet pool. (Building 4 was important to us since it contained the salon and health club.) We originally wanted to stay in the Cabanas since it seemed like we'd be back in Cancun. We knew we didn't want the Ranchos we live in the Southwest, but found that the architecture and lanscaping of the Spanish-style Casitas buildings were great.

We stayed at CSR in May and it was totally worth the $$ over a value IMH. We were in a renovated room (though I think they're all updated now) and it was great, hope you like it.

We had two queen beds and a nice seating area in the Casitas Building 4 with a water view of the quiet pool. (Building 4 was important to us since it contained the salon and health club.) We originally wanted to stay in the Cabanas since it seemed like we'd be back in Cancun. We knew we didn't want the Ranchos we live in the Southwest, but found that the architecture and lanscaping of the Spanish-style Casitas buildings were great.

Sounds great! Thanks for the info. Can't wait for our stay. :woohoo:

So with noly 72 days to go until our trip, I figured it was time to post a rough draft of my itinerary since, well, there isn't too much going on in the way of trip planning :upsidedow

Naturally, our schedule will not be down to the minute like it is listed below. This is just how I am organizing it to see how much time (approximately) we will have for each thing.

Saturday - October 17, 09: Arrival & Magic Kingdom for My Birthday!

9:00 - 11:30am / Flight from BWI to MCO on Southwest
11:30 - 1:00pm / Magical Express to Coronado Springs Resort
(hoping our room is available upon check-in)
1:00 - 3:00pm / Hang out at our room, wait for checked luggage
3:00 - 6:00pm / Magic Kingdom!!
6:00 - 7:00pm / Dinner at The Plaza Restaurant
7:00 - 9:30pm / Putz around Main Street, watch Spectromagic and Wishes
9:30 - 11:00pm / Magic Kingdom!!

Sunday - October 18, 09: Resot Day & Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

9:00 - 11:00am / Breakfast at Captain Cook's in the Polynesian
11:00 - 4:00pm / Relax at resort
4:00 - 5:00pm / Putz around Main Street
5:00 - 6:00pm / Dinner at The Plaza Restaurant with DH, DBIL and DBIL's BF
6:00 - 9:00pm / Magic Kingdom!!
9:00 - 11:00pm / Watch HalloWishes fireworks and Boo To You parade
11:00 - 12:00am / Putz around the park, ride any attractions we missed

Monday - October 19: Downtown Disney & Departure

8:00 - 10:30am / Pack up, check out of resort
10:30 - 1:00pm / Downtown Disney
1:00 - 1:30pm / Lunch at Earl of Sandwich
1:30 - 3:00pm / Return to resort, wait for pick-up to airport
3:00 - 6:00pm / Magical Express to MCO for return flight
6:00 - 8:30pm / Flight from MCO to BWI

Now that I have typed all of this out, I'm getting pretty excited about it. It looks like we'll have a few good meals, a few well-spent hours in the park and some nice time at our resort relaxing and enjoying the pool. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 for that.

Looks like a good plan. I just called to buy MNSSHP tix and their computers are down.

Saturday - October 17, 09: Arrival & Magic Kingdom for My Birthday!

9:00 - 11:30am / Flight from BWI to MCO on Southwest
11:30 - 1:00pm / Magical Express to Coronado Springs Resort
(hoping our room is available upon check-in)
1:00 - 3:00pm / Hang out at our room, wait for checked luggage
3:00 - 6:00pm / Magic Kingdom!!
6:00 - 7:00pm / Dinner at The Plaza Restaurant
7:00 - 9:30pm / Putz around Main Street, watch Spectromagic and Wishes
9:30 - 11:00pm / Magic Kingdom!!

Sunday - October 18, 09: Resot Day & Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

9:00 - 11:00am / Breakfast at Captain Cook's in the Polynesian
11:00 - 4:00pm / Relax at resort

4:00 - 5:00pm / Putz around Main Street
5:00 - 6:00pm / Dinner at The Plaza Restaurant with DH, DBIL and DBIL's BF
6:00 - 9:00pm / Magic Kingdom!!
9:00 - 11:00pm / Watch HalloWishes fireworks and Boo To You parade
11:00 - 12:00am / Putz around the park, ride any attractions we missed

Monday - October 19: Downtown Disney & Departure

8:00 - 10:30am / Pack up, check out of resort
10:30 - 1:00pm / Downtown Disney
1:00 - 1:30pm / Lunch at Earl of Sandwich
1:30 - 3:00pm / Return to resort, wait for pick-up to airport
3:00 - 6:00pm / Magical Express to MCO for return flight
6:00 - 8:30pm / Flight from MCO to BWI

We think alike! I'm just letting the family hang out at our resort the day of the MNSSHP, too. While its tempting to run off and get some park time in, its really more sensible to "rest up" and be able to stay out late to get the most out of the party. :thumbsup2

Kathy

We think alike! I'm just letting the family hang out at our resort the day of the MNSSHP, too. While its tempting to run off and get some park time in, its really more sensible to "rest up" and be able to stay out late to get the most out of the party. :thumbsup2

Kathy

You are so right. I don't even have kids to deal with, but I know if I try to push DH too much too early that day, there is no way he is going to make it to midnight. We're usually in bed by 10:00 (or sometimes earlier) :rotfl2:

Looks like a great time! I want to hear all about MNSSHP when you get back - I am considering planning my fall 2010 trip around that. :thumbsup2

whew! all caught up on this one and have to head over to your december trip! :) all your ideas and changes sound awesome!

Just getting caught up was out of town visiting family for a week :)

Congrats on getting a room at CSR ! There rooms look beautiful from all the pictures I have seen . Can't wait to see what you think of it ?

Your plans for your trip look great , just enough time for eating and enjoying the parks .:thumbsup2

So there isn't too much planning going on for our trip in October, but I have a non-park update.

For the past year, I have been growing my hair out. At first, it was unintentional and I was just too lazy to get a haircut but then it switched to growing it so I could make a donation to Locks of Love or something similar.

The time has finally come and this week (hopefully) I will be chopping it off. It's going to be weird to have shoulder-length hair again but at the same time having hair this long was really starting to be a pain in the a$$. Between the knots and the amount of time it takes for it to dry I'm ready to be done with it.

I'll be sure to update with a picture of the ponytail and maybe a picture of the new 'do if I like it sometime before the trip.

Speaking of the trip-----only 60 days now. It's starting to set in that we're really going soon. I am SO unprepared. This weekend we did a bunch of work at the house. Started painting, put in some new light fixtures, etc. but there is so much more to do before we leave.

In October and December we are lucky enough to have people coming over to house/dog-sit and we wanted the house to be in the best condition possible. It's exhausting! :faint: I can't wait for it to be done so I can start focusing on much more important things like what I need to buy for our trip, what we are going to wear as costumes, packing lists, plans for meeting up with my DBIL for MNSSHP, etc.

Ugh. I have a feeling it's going to be a long two months. :surfweb:

Okay! I started with your December trip report and then did as instructed and headed over to your MNSSHP report. I am such a rule follower:lmao: You are so funny and I love how this trip has snowballed! Well I have to go fix dinner before I can return to your December PTR. Maybe we can just order pizza...hmmm. Nope, did that last night:rotfl:

Okay! I started with your December trip report and then did as instructed and headed over to your MNSSHP report. I am such a rule follower:lmao: You are so funny and I love how this trip has snowballed! Well I have to go fix dinner before I can return to your December PTR. Maybe we can just order pizza...hmmm. Nope, did that last night:rotfl:

Hi! I think I already said welcome in my December PTR---but I wouldn't want you to feel left out of this one, so hello again! :wave2:

This trip definitely snowballed. Hopefully we're at the point of no more changing though. With the trip less than 2 months away, I'd really prefer to keep everything as is cause now I have to get down to the nitty gritty of my December trip!! :santa:

Costumes are one area of the trip that I am really not completely decided on yet.

On one hand, I'd really like to dress up. We don't dress up for Halloween at home anymore because it usually falls on a work-night and it just seems like an opportunity that we'd be crazy to pass up. On the other hand, it's going to be hot, I'm going to be lugging around a camera bag and tripod and if it rains it'll make things that much more uncomfortable.

So, to dress up or not to dress up, that is the question.

There will be four of us attending the party, so we have been tossing around some ideas that would lend for a cohesive group feeling without wearing completely identical costumes.

Choice 1: The first choice was 4 of the Village People. DH is a former US Navy submariner so he could easily be the sailor. I have some flip flops with fringe and I could buy feathers to make a head dress and be the Indian. DBIL wanted to be the cowboy, which would be easy enough---just wear a plaid sleeveless shirt with some shorts, add a cowboy hat and plastic pistol and you're set. DBIL's boyfriend can be the construction worker with a simple reflective vest and hard hat. These costumes would be fun, inexpensive and not much extra clothing would have to be worn. Unfortunately, DH struck that idea down right away stating that he didn't want to wear his NAVY duds. Oh well.

So, moving on...........

Choice 2: The second choice was to dress up as Romans, sort of like in Hercules. One of the main reasons we picked this was the fact that it would be cheap. For the toga portion, I'd go to the local fabric store for some white muslin material which would be inexpensive, easy to pack and easy to throw out if we decided to ditch them as a result of being hot/sweaty/wet or just plain annoyed with them. It would be easy to put on (c'mon, everyone has made a toga out of a sheet at least once in their lives), easy to come up with accessories for it (golden spray painted head wreath, anyone?) and relatively lightweight and cool for the possibly hot/humid October weather in Florida. DH, DBIL and DBIL's boyfriend all seem to think this is a great idea---I'm still not sold.

Choice 3: Don't dress up at all. Honestly---I think I may be leaning towards this option. I know, I know it would be much less fun I'm sure. Like I said though, we will be hauling around a load of crap photography-wise, the weather will be hot I'm sure, we will be going on Splash Mountain at least one time and while I'm sure I wouldn't get drenched, people walking around in wet white togas sounds a little risque for Disney if you know what I mean. ;) Plus, it's less luggage to pack, less money to spend on buying stuff since this trip has already spiraled out of control. It just seems like it may be less of a headache. KWIM??

Anywho, that's it for today. If anyone can come up with alternate suggestions for costumes, direct me to some fun t-shirts to wear or whatever---let me know!! :thumbsup2

So this weekend I started a shopping list of things that I need to pick up before our trip in October. Some of them will do double-duty for our trip in December as well. This post is more for my own reference than anyone else's entertainment---but please feel free to add to it if you think there is anything Hallo-weenie that I need. :goodvibes

1. Wired cable release. I have a wireless remote for my camera to use for fireworks, group shots, light painting, etc. and it has been nothing but a headache. It only works sometimes, you have to be standing in front of the camera for the sensor to pick it up. It's been a headache already and I haven't even used it on Bulb which requires the remote to work not once, but twice for one shot......I can't see that happening. I can see me standing there watching wishes with one shot containing every firework that is set off because I couldn't get my shutter to close. :headache:

2. A few rolls of 120 and 35mm size film. I recently bought a Holga (after being influenced by someone on the Photo board) and only purchased two rolls of film to start. Those two rolls are gone and since I have to order the 120 online, it seems I should do it sooner rather than later.

3. A changing bag. In order to unload the 35mm film from the Holga, I need a changing bag. The changing bag is essentially just a dark bag that you put the camera in to take out the film and roll it back up so it doesn't get exposed to any light.

4. Candy bags. From what I understand, the bags they give you at MNSSHP are plastic and a little flimsy. I want to go to the Disney Store and buy some of those "go green" style totes for like $2.99 each. They're sturdy and will carry a whole boat load of candy, although I must admit that I may not trick or treat for the simple fact that I won't want to lug the candy around all day.

5. New flip flops. I need to get some of these suckers STAT! The dog recently chewed my favorite pair and if I don't hurry up---all of the summer clearance flip flops are going to be gone and replaced with snow boots.

6. Memory cards. I need to buy some new 4gb SDHC memory cards. I don't need them for our October trip, but we are skipping the laptop since we're only going for three days and I figure that since this is my first trip to Disney with a dSLR, having extra memory can't hurt.

7. Bathing suit cover up. I'm fine with wearing my bathing suit in the pool, but I do not want to have to walk back and forth across CSR's sprawling property in just a wet bathing suit, so a new cover up of some sort is needed. Another thing I need to hurry up and buy---they won't be out much longer.

8. Breakfast food & snacks. Okay this obviously can't be done until a little closer to the trip, but since we are going on a budget I'm going to buy some breakfast food and snacks. I'm thinking some strawberry pop tarts (which my DH will love, since I never let him eat them :rotfl2:), granola bars---the usual stuff that won't go bad and can be eaten on the go.

9. New lens pen. Lens pens have the solution in one end and the brush on the other. The end of my lens pen has run dry and I like it for cleaning the LCD, etc. so I'm thinking I should get a replacement.

Lots of shopping to do, so little time. :faint:

1. Wired cable release. I have a wireless remote for my camera to use for fireworks, group shots, light painting, etc. and it has been nothing but a headache. It only works sometimes, you have to be standing in front of the camera for the sensor to pick it up. It's been a headache already and I haven't even used it on Bulb which requires the remote to work not once, but twice for one shot......I can't see that happening. I can see me standing there watching wishes with one shot containing every firework that is set off because I couldn't get my shutter to close. :headache:

6. Memory cards. I need to buy some new 4gb SDHC memory cards. I don't need them for our October trip, but we are skipping the laptop since we're only going for three days and I figure that since this is my first trip to Disney with a dSLR, having extra memory can't hurt.

I haven't gotten the wireless remote yet because after reading about it I thought that would be exactly what would happen. Since it's an IR remote, you have to point it exactly at the right spot. I do have the Canon wired remote and it works great.

I also picked up two more 8GB SDHC cards. Newegg had A-Data (I've heard of the brand, but never used it before) class 6 cards for $15 a piece. I had two already, but that would limit me to 1000 pictures (RAW files). I'm not sure that would be enough! 2000 seems like a more reasonable limit. :)

I haven't gotten the wireless remote yet because after reading about it I thought that would be exactly what would happen. Since it's an IR remote, you have to point it exactly at the right spot. I do have the Canon wired remote and it works great.

I also picked up two more 8GB SDHC cards. Newegg had A-Data (I've heard of the brand, but never used it before) class 6 cards for $15 a piece. I had two already, but that would limit me to 1000 pictures (RAW files). I'm not sure that would be enough! 2000 seems like a more reasonable limit. :)

I think I must have gotten a dud wireless remote for my camera. I got the same one everyone else uses made by Nikon for about $15 and I have to stand right next to the camera---aim it at the exact spot the sensor is and half the time even that doesn't work. Needless to say it has made for some really frustrating times when trying to use my camera on a tripod in the pitch black. The wired remote might be a little more limiting in the fact that I can't get in a picture with it---but that's not what I use the remote and tripod for anyway.

I'll have to check out the deal you got on NewEgg. I already have 22gb of memory, but one of my 4gb cards is corrupt (or at least I'm pretty sure it is) and while I'm sure 18gb would be way more than I need for a three day trip, I'm going to purchase more for our December trip anyway, so I might as well get it now.

Oooh! I like the sound of that lense pen! Do they work for rinkydink "prosumer" cameras, or just them DSLRS? :cutie:

Oooh! I like the sound of that lense pen! Do they work for rinkydink "prosumer" cameras, or just them DSLRS? :cutie:

They do indeed work for "rinkydink prosumer cameras." :laughing: Here is the one I use, although there are many brands other than Nikon, of course. :)

I've been seriously slacking on this October PTR---but with the trip getting so close I figured it was time to start with the updates again. This one is kind of a mix-up of multiple random topics that have been floating around in my head for some time now, rather than a separate post for each.

1. I ordered a new lens yesterday and should have it today, just in time to have a full month or so of playing/practicing/learning to make sure I can put it to good use in The World. I also borrowed a lens from a very kind fellow DISer, Karyl (spinetnglr) that I plan to bring with me for our weekend trip and return to her when we meet up at MNSSHP on the 18th. Relating to photography, I also purchased a bunch of things on my "To Buy" list for the trip. I got some film, a new lens pen, some memory cards, a cable release for night shots and a new scanner. I asked for a new backpack, a second battery and a new filter for my birthday and if all goes well, I will have those before leaving on the 17th.

2. They extended the Wishes dessert party. For any of you who don't know what that is, it's a private party at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. They set out all different kinds of desserts and drinks, and you get to have a special spot to view Wishes from, rather than being trampled on Main Street. I was considering trying to get us a reservation for this for the night of my birthday, but we already have dinner reservations at The Plaza and to pay $20 something more per person just to sit at some tables, snack on desserts and see Wishes seems a little wasteful for this trip. If they extend it into December, maaaaaybe I'll consider doing it then as something nice for my Mom.

3. I think I've resigned myself to the fact that we will be flying out of Baltimore. I booked on Southwest from Baltimore, which is 2 hours from our house, because they have $49 flights each way. I was secretly hoping that Southwest from Philadelphia would drop to $79 or less each way since that's only 35 minutes from our house, but they haven't yet (at least not for non-stop prime time flights)---so I think we'll just stick with Baltimore. It's only an hour and a half further, and the original plan was to drive ALL THE WAY to WDW and back in 3 days, so I think the extra 1.5 hours in the car should be more than tolerable.

4. Speaking of flights, I need to book my Magical Express still. I have no idea how to do this since usually we book a package instead of a room-only, but how hard can it be, right?? I'm sure someone can help me with it.

I think that'll be it for now. There's a lot going on and with my 90 day period approaching for our trip in December, I'm much more focused on that trip for the time being. Once I sign on and make all of our ADRs next weekend on the 13th, I'm hoping I can come back and pay this PTR a little bit more attention since this trip is only 43 days away now!!!! :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter